Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Or buses when they arrive, people crowding towards the doors before the last crowd have even gotten off.

I learned this the very first time I was in London on the underground......manners dictate that everyone waits until all passengers have gotten off the train before anyone gets on, keeping clear of the door as they do so. Also, on the escalators or stairs, you keep to the left hand side and don't just stand there in the like a damn lemon :mad: Some people are in a hurry and like to walk up the escalator to expedite the process..

I am sick to death of having to take evasive action when people come down/up stairs two or sometimes three abreast. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When people feel the need to say
    'I'm after catching your cold.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

When people hold their cutlery like pens, darts or hammers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

When you leave for work late, about to drive off and realise you have forgot to bring your lunch, run back to house for lunch and realise you left the house keys in the car so run back to the car for the keys to open the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

deise08 wrote: »
    When people feel the need to say
    'I'm after catching your cold.'

You mean "I'b abder cadjing your cobe"?

That moment where you say "who the fcuk is after moving my fcuking...oh hang on here it is"

Also swear filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

People who pronounce tenet as 'tenant' or pundit as 'pundint'.........the Obamas do it all too often!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

brooke 2 wrote: »
    People who pronounce tenet as 'tenant' or pundit as 'pundint'.........the Obamas do it all too often!!! :(
    So do people from west Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

People fixing the ruffled/turned up collar of my jacket instead of just pointing it out to me.

I'll do it myself FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

osarusan wrote: »
    People fixing the ruffled/turned up collar of my jacket instead of just pointing it out to me.

I'll do it myself FFS.

Depending on circumstances...you're totally in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Bobby The Builder

People who slurp their cereal ... spoon should be rammed down their throat with a sledgehammer

PVC plastic doors ... they're ****. Wooden doors with a tumbler lock intead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Oops69 wrote: »
    Cadburys creme eggs shrinking year on year :mad:

at the rate they're going they'll be Cadbury quails eggs in a few years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Teddiebear

When walking and the path is covered in dog business. Do these people seriously think it's ok to leave it there for everybody to step on or try and avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I'll do it myself FFS.

Don't be angry with your mammy for fixing your collar:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Theirs records for the death rates appropiate to Salmonella got from undercooking chicken.

Yes, but we were talking about death rates from eating undercooked beef or lack thereof and scientific evidence to back it up....
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The way people sitting at the back of a bus facing the driver stare at you when you have to try to navigate/bump/crawl/trudge your way to the only free seat that happens to be opposite them. What are you staring at fuuckers?? It's not my fault they designed the bus for midgets!

Ya know, you're really gonna have to start cycling to work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

People who slurp their cereal ... spoon should be rammed down their throat with a sledgehammer

PVC plastic doors ... they're ****. Wooden doors with a tumbler lock intead

People clanking their cutlery off their teeth as they eat, and holding said cutlery like they're holding a shovel. Also Noisy eaters. Learn some table manners you caveman.

Ya know, you're really gonna have to start cycling to work :D

Which brings us on to "bastards on bikes", is there a speed limit for a cyclist on a footpath? A couple on evenings ago, I am walking the faithful hound on footpath ( which permits cycling) all nice and quiet then out of nowhere, fcuking WHOOOSSH, lycra clad bikeman at the speed of sound passes by, missing me by a hair and frightens the bejaysus out of me. dog looks at me as if to say WTF was that.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Sayings -
    Bla Bla Bla
    Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye
    Yada Yada Yada
    In the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Like so, like, oh my god, the like how some people talk is like oh my god, like seriously so annoying, like seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I have to take immunosuppressant injections once a week and within a couple of days of taking it I have a head cold. I only just get rid of it and then I have the next injection and it starts all over again. Sitting here with a lemsip, fever and itchy, sneezy nose. Christ only knows what I'll be like when I switch from the injections to the infusions. Freaking weird diseases:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Drive by posters.

People who follow you from one thread to another looking for a piss*ng contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Windows 8.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Which brings us on to "bastards on bikes", is there a speed limit for a cyclist on a footpath? A couple on evenings ago, I am walking the faithful hound on footpath ( which permits cycling) all nice and quiet then out of nowhere, fcuking WHOOOSSH, lycra clad bikeman at the speed of sound passes by, missing me by a hair and frightens the bejaysus out of me. dog looks at me as if to say WTF was that.:)

Speed limit? It's f*cking illegal to cycle on a footpath.

I was walking on the path one day, there was a cycle lane beside said path, some ars*hole on a bike starts shouting at me from behind. Needless to say I told him to get off the f*cking path. Dickhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Running out of staples. Don't know why it's so annoying 'cos we all know you can't fit all that many staples into a standard stapler and they're going to run out over and over again. I'm generally fairly peaceful but trying to staple something when nothing happens because the staples are all gone yet again, can induce Bruce Banner levels of rage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Youtube videos where the maker's name, logo, credits etc, take up 50% of the length of the video.

Youtube videos with those square/rectangular kind of coloured but transparent popups linking to another video.

The kind of youtube popups mentioned above, but they are placed so when you move the mouse to close them down, as you hover the mouse over the (x), the title of the video drops down from the top of the viewer, and you can't close them. Fucking HATE those.

• Advertisement

Speed limit? It's f*cking illegal to cycle on a footpath.

I was walking on the path one day, there was a cycle lane beside said path, some ars*hole on a bike starts shouting at me from behind. Needless to say I told him to get off the f*cking path. Dickhead.

To be fair to Lance, it is one of those 50/50 paths marked for walking and cycling. My gripe is had I taken a stagger left he would have mangled me, him, the bike and (most important of all) the dog:)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

"You've got the love" coke ad. Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Any coke adds now actually. No, you are not saving the world, life is **** and boring, NOW **** OFF :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Youtube videos where the maker's name, logo, credits etc, take up 50% of the length of the video.

Youtube videos with those square/rectangular kind of coloured but transparent popups linking to another video.

The kind of youtube popups mentioned above, but they are placed so when you move the mouse to close them down, as you hover the mouse over the (x), the title of the video drops down from the top of the viewer, and you can't close them. Fucking HATE those.

If using Chrome, download the "YouTube Settings" extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Any mention of China on Boards leads to someone whipping out the "Great bunch of lads" quote.

That shìt got old real fast.

• Advertisement

Someone biting their nails.

Makes me want to cut their fingers off with a blunt scissors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

The microwave queue in work, and the fcukers who skip it.

When my body just wont do the things I tell it to do.

Just do it body, we don't care if it hurts tomorrow just do it NOW! DO IT!

But it never does. It just wants to sit down and get filled up with food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

When my body just wont do the things I tell it to do.

Just do it body, we don't care if it hurts tomorrow just do it NOW! DO IT!

But it never does. It just wants to sit down and get filled up with food.

I like sitting and food too. We should meet up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

liliq wrote: »
    Someone biting their nails.

Makes me want to cut their fingers off with a blunt scissors.

Biting nails doesn't bother me so much but what I can't stand is seeing nails that have been bitten back to nothing and look red raw.

When your OH tells you they are really too busy in work to take calls/text from you...................then they bitch because you don't call/text...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

People robbing coins from the pool table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

The fart happy man sitting beside me on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

People who follow you from one thread to another looking for a piss*ng contest.

Pretty sure that's worth a ban. Aaaah. I'm so glad I've forgotten all the rules. :D

gramar wrote: »
    Biting nails doesn't bother me so much but what I can't stand is seeing nails that have been bitten back to nothing and look red raw.

Want to borrow my blunt scissors?

Insurance companies calling EVERY DAY to remind you your insurance is up in a few days.
    B1tch, you might be cheap but you're annoying as hell.

• Advertisement

liliq wrote: »
    Insurance companies calling EVERY DAY to remind you your insurance is up in a few days.
    B1tch, you might be cheap but you're annoying as hell.

I hate when you are online looking for cheap insurance you have to fill in your number. I fill the form in online so i don't have to talk to the staff. Within an hour I usually have a phone asking me was I happy with my cheap quote. :mad:

I hate when you are online looking for cheap insurance you have to fill in your number. I fill the form in online so i don't have to talk to the staff. Within an hour I usually have a phone asking m e was I happy with my cheap quote. :mad:

087 1234567

bluewolf wrote: »
    087 1234567

I tend to give them my family's phone numbers now. It's nice to keep in touch. :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Going to the "secret, hidden" stock of rollerball pens at the office, and discovering that the new box of 12 that only arrived recently has been completely emptied yet again. Hate ordinary biros, they are so much harder to use on some types of paper.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

People who pronounce medicine as MEDSIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

People with high pitched voices shouting.

It shouldn't annoy me, but unfortunately it does.

househero wrote: »

They all sound like an excited Joan Burton.

There's a group of 5 lads, aged about 9, running around outside my house shouting their high-pitched shrieky, excitable little heads off. Giving me a headache and freaking out my foster kitten. Bloody kids enjoying themselves, bloody cheek I tells ya. I blame the parents:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

deise08 wrote: »
    The phrase 'ah the poor ....'
    'ah the poor girl on the bike' There's nothing poor about them.

Strange, when i'm out on my bike (cycling for the sake of fresh air and fitness) and I see some flubbery headed pink thing chuffing a fag behind the wheel of a car I think 'ah, the poor lazy bastard', because it's highly likely they couldn't get their leg over a bike even if they wanted to.

Note - no, i'm not referring to you, or your mother!

:cool:

• Advertisement

People with loud voices who have no consideration for anybody else, for example the c*nt that sits beside me and insists on blabbing away at the top of her voice when I'm on the phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement