Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    Am I weird in not giving a rattling, scuttery fcuk about dags?? :confused:

Jim, say it aint so:mad:

Cats on the other hand.................:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Love this.
    Another one that annoys me, someone describing themselves as sensitive. Usually said in such a way that suggests the rest of us have the hide of a rhinoceros and can take all the digs the 'sensitive one' gives. :mad:

"Sensitive" here usually just means maladjusted and neurotic almost to the point of clinically insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Am I weird in not giving a rattling, scuttery fcuk about dags?? :confused:

No Jim, you're not weird. Just not a dog lover.

By the way I have a bitch in heat at home with a kebab on her the size of a small parish. Even the missus came home the other day and said 'well hal (dogs name) hows the kebab!' All Jim Goose's doing!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Jim, say it aint so:mad:

Cats on the other hand.................:eek:

I quite like cats. They mind their own business, and can be surprisingly intelligent and even affectionate. My assertion about dags came out a little harsh, I guess. Maybe it has something to do with my robust rural upbringing, where the Dag was usually a sheepdog of some sort, and you'd no more bring it into the house or "pamper" it than you would the bull, or the tractor. And if you did, the same Dag would look at you like you'd sprouted a second head! :pac:

gramar wrote: »
    No Jim, you're not weird. Just not a dog lover.

By the way I have a bitch in heat at home with a kebab on her the size of a small parish. Even the missus came home the other day and said 'well hal (dogs name) hows the kebab!' All Jim Goose's doing!

You have no idea how gratifying that is. :D

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Love this.
    Another one that annoys me, someone describing themselves as sensitive. Usually said in such a way that suggests the rest of us have the hide of a rhinoceros and can take all the digs the 'sensitive one' gives. :mad:

I just realised, the Simon & Garfunkel reference probably went over the heads of most of you kids:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Saw this dog on the road again this morning, this time about 5 miles from his house slipping in through a gap in the hedge into a field. Not much I could do for him on the bike so I just rang the local SPCA when I got to work. Poor fella out in the lashings of rain, hopefully they've managed to find him. Of course he'll have to go back to his really top notch owners :rolleyes:

SPCA wont do anything unless the media are involved :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

My reason for feeling more for animals in those situations is that a human can tell you what's wrong, a human can tell you they're hungry, a human can tell you someone hit them with a sweeping brush but an animal can't tell you anything and you just have to guess at the problem and solution.

Plus humans are far better equipped for getting themselves out of the situation.

gramar wrote: »
    I feel worse when I see a lost or abandoned dog than I do if I see a homeless person. In fact I don't feel for them very much at all. I remember when I was in Bangladesh where people were beyond poor, they had nothing but my heart went out to the scraggy boney dogs wandering around.

Me too :( I try to figure it out but can't. Is it because we see so much human suffering on the news etc and just become de-sensitised to it? Then again, I've always been like that. I told the story before about getting upset as a child when I heard that 20 gorillas had been decapitated, and was visibly relieved when mam explained they were, in fact, guerillas :pac: Maybe because I believe that humans are inherently bad and animals are not, or maybe because animals are just cuter :D

geeksauce wrote: »
    Plus humans are far better equipped for getting themselves out of the situation.

And a human will fight back. An animal will be loyal between blows. I saw a d1ckhead with a van once straying his dog. The dog kept running after the van in a panic. The saddest thing I ever saw, and I couldnt rescue him because he was too afraid to let me come close :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Dr Who. My husband is catching up on about a gazillion episodes of the ancient series that he recorded during the week. I'm not a Dr Who fan at the best of times but if I have to listen to this American bint in her pink spandex with that whiney nasal tone I may just beat him to death(Mr P), with the remote control:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Dr Who. My husband is catching up on about a gazillion episodes of the ancient series that he recorded during the week. I'm not a Dr Who fan at the best of times but if I have to listen to this American bint in her pink spandex with that whiney nasal tone I may just beat him to death(Mr P), with the remote control:mad:

Just be glad he isn't working his way through The Beverly Hillbillies like I am at the moment. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

People who cross the road without looking. It drives me crazy. It happened again yesterday luckily for the pedestrian I (car driver) was paying attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

MsBubbles wrote: »
    People who cross the road without looking. It drives me crazy. It happened again yesterday luckily for the pedestrian I (car driver) was paying attention.

Tell me about it. Just an hour ago lights were green and the cars were filtering through and a fella just walks across the zebra in between cars. I stopped and let him cross as it was either that or knock him down. Conveniently the window was down so I called him a stupid fcuking knob as he went past seemingly oblivious to what he was at.

I find Irish People are the worst for Jay walking. If you see someone waiting for a green man it's usually a tourist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

MsBubbles wrote: »

The ones who cross at an angle really get my goat.I dont drive but i see it all the time when the oh is driving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The garda and RSA warning people to "take care" on the roads after rain.

If you don't know to do that anyway then you shouldn't be driving.

Ok, the garth Brooks thread.
    Its annoying. people still going round and fkcuing round about the same shooite over and over. Even those who have been proven wrong over and over, keep picking at the scab...

:(

Jake1 wrote: »
    Its annoying. people still going round and fkcuing round about the same shooite over and over. Even those who have been proven wrong over and over, keep picking at the scab...

There are some threads which I wish I could completely block from sight.
    That would be one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Exactly. Scab is exactly what it is at this stage. Some people are way over-invested in these things. Perspective, people, I say. 

Agreed. I'm on another website where you can hide threads, it's great. I know people say, don't open etc, but I just love having the option of hiding them, especially ones that go around and around in circles, or are obvious trolls.

It's unbelievable stuff, isn't it? That "Gay Cake" bullhockey is nearly as bad. The Neckbeard Lawyers are all over that one like flies around shít! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

It's unbelievable stuff, isn't it? That "Gay Cake" bullhockey is nearly as bad. The Neckbeard Lawyers are all over that one like flies around shít! :pac:
    The mods should merge the threads... The Gay Garth Brooks concert cake!

I wouldn't know because I've not ventured into either thread.

+1 G**** B****s. So over it.

I wanted hair extensions for aaaaages...and then I finally got them

....hate them :(

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »

aww, why?? maybe you just need a while to get used to them?? or try styling them differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

"Jesus, you don't beat around the bushes, czechlin, do you?"

You're right boss, I don't, it's your bloody specialty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

wait..I thought you were like a 40 something male..I mean maybe ya are, it's just..hair extensions..hardly the typical purchase :pac:

Hello, doll! :P

What does bother you about them?

5, 4, 3, 2, 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    wait..I thought you were like a 40 something male..I mean maybe ya are, it's just..hair extensions..hardly the typical purchase :pac:

Glad I'm not the only person who thought she was a he.

aww, why?? maybe you just need a while to get used to them?? or try styling them differently.

They dont stay in right :( These fecky little combs :(

Plus I think they are too long compared with my own hair, a bit - as Mam would say - "scrubbery" looking :P I did go half a shade darker instead of half a shade lighter, so I'm one step closer to ginger (:eek:) but a half shade lighter would have been one step closer to Barbie (:eek::eek:)

bobrawn20 wrote: »

hummmmm close! 30 year old female!

Glad I'm not the only person who thought she was a he.

Everyone always thinks I'm a he :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

CPSW wrote: »
    Idiots who blatantly ignore the bad weather warnings!

In this day and age where people have information at their finger tips with their smart phones, and especially with the warnings that were issued, there were folk standing at the bus stop this morning looking like a bunch of sad sack drowned rats, soaked to the bone in their t-shirts and shorts.

This is Ireland we live in people! A quick look out the window before you left the house and you would have seen how s*it the weather was!
    Quite a number of people out there live in some kind of parallel universe , have no clue about current affairs , never watch news and weather ,nevertheless they seem to manage to fumble along in a harmless clueless kind of way, maybe they have some secret they're not telling us ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

This is just me being a bit OCD but the so-called 'forum' layout of Reddit makes me break out into a cold sweat. If only it was more like Boards with nice, simply to navigate menus and features and a goddamned "Find Posts By User" function as all of my posts get swallowed up in a wall of comments. This is particularly annoying on the AMAs as I usually can't find my question to see if anyone replied.
    Granted, I haven't been on it long so perhaps I'm going about things in completely the wrong way but jaysus- it's an assault on my senses, that ****ing layout.

McChubbin wrote: »
    This is just me being a bit OCD but the so-called 'forum' layout of Reddit makes me break out into a cold sweat. If only it was more like Boards with nice, simply to navigate menus and features and a goddamned "Find Posts By User" function as all of my posts get swallowed up in a wall of comments. This is particularly annoying on the AMAs as I usually can't find my question to see if anyone replied.
    Granted, I haven't been on it long so perhaps I'm going about things in completely the wrong way but jaysus- it's an assault on my senses, that ****ing layout.

Reddit is just all-round terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

That's why I hate yahoo and msn...a pure assault on the senses like most US based sites. You click on a article and next thing you are bombarded with all sorts of crap and new windows opening. You can't even remember what the hell you were looking for....such cluttered crap...:mad:

I've been mistaken for a he few times recently. It's truly baffling especially when you and me talk so often about stockings and skirt problems :confused::D

That's why I hate yahoo and msn...a pure assault on the senses like most US based sites. You click on a article and next thing you are bombarded with all sorts of crap and new windows opening. You can't even remember what the hell you were looking for....such cluttered crap...:mad:

The recent redesign of Yahoo is terrible. Celeb gossip and viral videos as well as those "ten weird tips for......" things all over the frontpage.

I just want my emails thanks.. They've basically turned their website into Hello or OK as an attempt to appeal to women. Even the new logo is very feminine.

• Advertisement

me too. :D

Maddening little whores wont stay in. What do you think my chances of a refund are?

czechlin wrote: »
    I've been mistaken for a he few times recently. It's truly baffling especially when you and me talk so often about stockings and skirt problems :confused::D

Lets not forget the magic knickers and hair extensions....and then they think we wake up looking like this! :P

Maddening little whores wont stay in. What do you think my chances of a refund are?

Well if you had them done in Moore street......:eek:

Lets not forget the magic knickers and hair extensions....and then they think we wake up looking like this! :P

Don't get me started on knickers!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Slim I'd say, they might offer to do something for you or maybe give you a voucher, but your money back?

Dodgy, but no harm I suppose in asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I would'nt say Reddit is terrible- I find the AMAs can be quite a good way to while away an hour or two-but it could be better with a little more thought put into the layout.

Also: I'm over-tired and want to sleep but my brain is going at warp-speed 5. I haven't slept right in 3 days due to the humidity and running low on medication and now I feel I am having a small blip of a manic episode. The creative streak is great and all but sweet baby Jesus I'd trade it all in for at least one hour of pure, uninterrupted, pain-free sleep. :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

czechlin wrote: »

What everyone's been picturing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What are Magic Knickers? are they from the same people who brought us magic markers?

• Advertisement

me too. :D

I wonder why :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement