Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Aww Klinger, bless :D

Cheeky fecker... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Couldn't sleep last night because of a dog barking all night:( I am absolutely wrecked today. I just can't understand why anyone would leave their dog barking like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Configuring Windows updates... 33% complete... 66% complete... 99% complete... 99% complete... 99% complete...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nearly time for a 3rd thread. You moany bastards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

People who stare at you in the gym or on public transport and the look away as soon as you catch them. I saw a guy last night staring at me using the urinal. I could see him in the corner of my eye for a good 8 seconds before I turned to show him I was aware of what he was doing. I'm not sure if he was looking at penis or what but it's so rude!!!

Also on the train the way the seats are scattered I often see people staring at me as I'm watching a film and then as soon as you go to look they turn away.

Does anyone else find that so irritating!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Also on the train the way the seats are scattered I often see people staring at me as I'm watching a film and then as soon as you go to look they turn away.

Does anyone else find that so irritating!?

I SEE YOU :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Inconsiderate people. I was in Dunnes earlier on with 2 pillows in 1 hand and a large bag of shopping in the other hand, so I was a bit of a wide load:D, the amount of people who didn't have the basic courtesy to move their trolleys or prams out of the way in the aisles is shocking. Whatever happened to good manners or even common courtesy? Some days I just feel like going on a rampage/killing spree:D(not really) well maybe just a small rampage:)

Me and you should go out some time and really paint the town red :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Pour myself the last of the alcohol in the house.
    Busy few weeks, just wanna relax.....until...
    Someone-knocks-the-glass-onto-the-floor.

No car to go to shop to get more, could this month get any worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I wish I could block whole forums on boards, well, just one. I keep going back thinking maybe things have changed and then get annoyed all over again.

A great thread being wrecked by eejits having the same back and forth over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

8 seconds before I turned to show him I was aware of what he was doing. I'm not sure if he was looking at penis or what but it's so rude!!!

Well if he couldn't find it in 8 seconds....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Well if he couldn't find it in 8 seconds....

Withdraw! I have no problem posting a picture of Richard Tedson.

Trust me, Hell do it :(

Nobody wants to see Little Richard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Key word?

Crap!! Everybody get in now!!!
    Abandon_thread.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tonyka

Some of the rules on boards. .. annoying. .😈

tonyka wrote: »
    Some of the rules on boards. .. annoying. .😈

I hope you're not talking about the no cock pics rule and Teddy's comment...

I hope you're not talking about the no cock pics rule and Teddy's comment...

No..lol..its the 50 posts rule before I post a pic...... it'll take me all night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

No..lol..its the 50 posts rule before I post a pic...... it'll take me all night..
    I'm more annoyed at the censoring of all the curse words. I see some posters have managed to circumvent the filter and I must know how. Tell me the secrets that you've learned!

Also: I stood up too fast a minute ago and knocked my favorite perfume bottle off my desk. It didn't break the glass vial but one of the decorative golden prongs of the cap snapped off. I paid over €35 for this damn bottle of perfume. I expected a little bit more in the way of cap craftsmanship for that price. :/
    Kind of silly to be fretting considering there's barely an evening's worth of spray in it but I liked the design of the bottle and now it looks off. *sigh*

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm more annoyed at the censoring of all the curse words. I see some posters have managed to circumvent the filter and I must know how. Tell me the secrets that you've learned!

Also: I stood up too fast a minute ago and knocked my favorite perfume bottle off my desk. It didn't break the glass vial but one of the decorative golden prongs of the cap snapped off. I paid over €35 for this damn bottle of perfume. I expected a little bit more in the way of cap craftsmanship for that price. :/
    Kind of silly to be fretting considering there's barely an evening's worth of spray in it but I liked the design of the bottle and now it looks off. *sigh*

That's so annoying. ... but trivial. .. lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I slapped myself on the jaw with a cupboard door, the irony was I was putting back the box of Panadol. Now as well as the headache I already had I have a sore jaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

I slapped myself on the jaw with a cupboard door, the irony was I was putting back the box of Panadol. Now as well as the headache I already had I have a sore jaw.

You're having a bad week. You might as well pack it in and head for bed now. Stay there until Monday. :)

Why does every Irish advert have to have at least 1 token ginger person? The majority of us are not ginger so it's not representative of the population. It annoys me so much, not sure why.

Why does every Irish advert have to have at least 1 token ginger person? The majority of us are not ginger so it's not representative of the population. It annoys me so much, not sure why.

There's a lidl ad with 2 ginger parents and 2 ginger kids, then a third kid with brown hair appears... Clearly the wife was playing off side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Wheeler Dealers.

Not traders or businesses, more the sort of person where everything is up for negotiation. The sort of people who try to negotiate discounts in high-street stores, or when you are selling something offers you a ridiculously low price and won't take no for an answer.

I recently had to put the contents of me ma's house up for sale as she had to go in to a nursing home. She had a brand new leather sofa, tags still on and wrapped in plastic. She took ill a few days after it was delivered and didn't have a chance to unwrap it. We wanted to £200 for it, it had cost £1200. Guy comes in, looks at it and goes "Ah the cushions are shot to pieces, I'll take it off you for £50". When we said no he kept saying "Ah, sure ya will" and started demanding we add more items to the deal. I told him that if we didn't get asking price we'd give it to charity as we weren't that desperate to be ripped off. He got a bit angry and left, but did cal back a few time later int he day to try again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

grundie wrote: »
    Wheeler Dealers.

Not traders or businesses, more the sort of person where everything is up for negotiation. The sort of people who try to negotiate discounts in high-street stores, or when you are selling something offers you a ridiculously low price and won't take no for an answer.

I recently had to put the contents of me ma's house up for sale as she had to go in to a nursing home. She had a brand new leather sofa, tags still on and wrapped in plastic. She took ill a few days after it was delivered and didn't have a chance to unwrap it. We wanted to £200 for it, it had cost £1200. Guy comes in, looks at it and goes "Ah the cushions are shot to pieces, I'll take it off you for £50". When we said no he kept saying "Ah, sure ya will" and started demanding we add more items to the deal. I told him that if we didn't get asking price we'd give it to charity as we weren't that desperate to be ripped off. He got a bit angry and left, but did cal back a few time later int he day to try again.

Yeah, i get that in work occasionally and i work in public transport.

:pac: "Can you not do me a cheaper ticket than that?"

No. It's a large nationwide company that has set fares and any shortfall comes out of my pocket. We aren't given a certain amount of "wiggle room" for when some cheapskate comes in and isn't willing to pay the price of the thing.

I have a friend who works in a supermarket who get's the same thing daily. People think that if they are doing a fairly large shop that they should be able to haggle on the price.

It's not the 1950s anymore, the price is marked on things because that is what they cost. The only deal you have, in my mind, is to pay the marked price of the goods/service or leave the premises and stop annoying people who are trying to do their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

This advert is even more annoying -

EDIT: Buzz Killington was way ahead of me, kinda funny that :D

grundie wrote: »
    Wheeler Dealers.

Have you ever put a car for sale on done deal? You could be asking €8,000 for a 2012 BMW 520 which would be a good discount and you'll get countless offers like "will ya take a trade for a 98 civic?"

@Czarcasm that's the ad I was talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Have you ever put a car for sale on done deal? You could be asking €8,000 for a 2012 BMW 520 which would be a good discount and you'll get countless offers like "will ya take a trade for a 98 civic?"

We had a "tree surgeon" call a couple of years ago to give us an estimate to trim some high trees/bushes.

He parks up, wanders up and down the garden measuring with his feet ( real high tech) puts his hands on his hips and stares up in the air, and says "It should be more, but lets say 350 quid ( I think this is a job for Mrs E, and send her out to negotiate) out she goes, and "chopper" sez, I was just saying to the boss ( big mistake) 350 quid. Mrs E says "well, you can fcuk off", quick as a flash he responds with "Ah shure 250 will do it" Mrs E says "You can have 125 when the job is done, and take the sh1t with you"

"Chopper"agrees, and was on his way with the money, job done, an hour later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

The fact that The Journal doesn't post the year on any of its articles, it only posts the month and day, so when you're reading a random article you have no way of knowing if it was posted last week or ten years ago.

(e.g. "July 18" instead of "July 19 2008")

It enrages me but possibly because of all the spelling and grammar mistakes and generally awful journalism in their articles which already have me enraged.

We put down a couple of bags of bark chips today and Jesus, it smells like pig slurry:confused::eek::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I just realised, the Simon & Garfunkel reference probably went over the heads of most of you kids:D

I am just a poor boy though my story's seldom told
    I've squandered my resistance
    For a pocketful of mumbles
    Such are promises
    All lies and jest
    Still the man hears what he wants to hear
    And disregards the rest

All together now :D, for the chorus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    We had a "tree surgeon" call a couple of years ago to give us an estimate to trim some high trees/bushes.

He parks up, wanders up and down the garden measuring with his feet ( real high tech) puts his hands on his hips and stares up in the air, and says "It should be more, but lets say 350 quid ( I think this is a job for Mrs E, and send her out to negotiate) out she goes, and "chopper" sez, I was just saying to the boss ( big mistake) 350 quid. Mrs E says "well, you can fcuk off", quick as a flash he responds with "Ah shure 250 will do it" Mrs E says "You can have 125 when the job is done, and take the sh1t with you"

"Chopper"agrees, and was on his way with the money, job done, an hour later.

We'd have done it for free, you know that,don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

We'd have done it for free, you know that,don't you?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I am just a poor boy though my story's seldom told
    I've squandered my resistance
    For a pocketful of mumbles
    Such are promises
    All lies and jest
    Still the man hears what he wants to hear
    And disregards the rest

All together now :D, for the chorus!

and heres to you Mrs Robinson,
    Jesus loves you more than you will know.........
    oh oh oh.........

Fcuks sake, the family fun day close to our house is doing my head in. They've been blasting out really loud music over a PA system for almost 8 hours. Most people have left and I think at this point they're just taking the piss for their own amusement(the ones with the keys to the grounds). My head is pounding. Mean while dim and dimmer or big nose and bigger nose :D, next door have gone out all dressed up, so being woken up by them and their cronies in the early hours is highly likely :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Blinking while putting on mascara :mad:

Fcuks sake, the family fun day close to our house is doing my head in. They've been blasting out really loud music over a PA system for almost 8 hours. Most people have left and I think at this point they're just taking the piss for their own amusement(the ones with the keys to the grounds). My head is pounding. Mean while dim and dimmer or big nose and bigger nose :D, next door have gone out all dressed up, so being woken up by them and their cronies in the early hours is highly likely :mad:

Think you need to get out yourself......

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My head is killing me today....and not from the serious amounts of alcohol that I consumed at a wedding yesterday. Where the ceremony was held there were some low beam on the roof, when everyone was being seated, I was being a gent and letting an older lad with a walking stick move along through the room, and CLONK, whacked the top of my head off the beam, I think I was the first person to cry at the ceremony....the groom being the second but for different reasons:pac:

• Advertisement

When relatively new companies boast about being Ireland's "fastest growing" [insert type of business it is] company. That's like saying toddlers are Ireland's fastest growing people!

It's such a lame thing to try to boast about, it's not a boast! It doesn't say anything good about the company whatsoever! It just means all the competition are already successful!

Think you need to get out yourself......

I think that clubs shouldn't have been able to give backhanders to people in order to get the go ahead to build Clubs in an inappropriate residential area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Sold a bike on there a few months ago, gave your man a good deal and last month he had it up on donedeal for €1,500 more than he paid for it, cheeky pup, it's up there now for €1,000 less than he paid for it :cool:

And it still has the same tyres on it as when I sold it and needs new front pads - just change the bloody pads then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

whirlpool wrote: »
    When relatively new companies boast about being Ireland's "fastest growing" [insert type of business it is] company. That's like saying toddlers are Ireland's fastest growing people!

It's such a lame thing to try to boast about, it's not a boast! It doesn't say anything good about the company whatsoever! It just means all the competition are already successful!

It's even worse than that. If I start a religion tomorrow and manage to indoctrinate two other people the next day, my religion grew by 200% in one day. That would probably be the world's fastest growing religion, but it's still just three people in a cult.

Not only does it not say anything good about the company, it doesn't say anything at all.

The stench from the bark chips we put down yesterday isn't getting any better. I've thrown buckets of water on it today to try to wash it off but not working so far. Our cats won't go near it now:(

The stench from the bark chips we put down yesterday isn't getting any better. I've thrown buckets of water on it today to try to wash it off but not working so far. Our cats won't go near it now:(

Your "location" reminded me of this. Anyone seen that new West Coast Cooler ad? I think it's for their new brand of vodka. Four Irish girls looking for a niteclub, and they find it, and one of them puts on an American accent for absolutely NO reason and says "You're not in Kansas now, Toto." It is CRINNNNGGGGEEEE!!!!!!!

edit: here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzPIViUUUiY *douses self in petrol and lights match*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Your "location" reminded me of this. Anyone seen that new West Coast Cooler ad? I think it's for their new brand of vodka. Four Irish girls looking for a niteclub, and they find it, and one of them puts on an American accent for absolutely NO reason and says "You're not in Kansas now, Toto." It is CRINNNNGGGGEEEE!!!!!!!

edit: here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzPIViUUUiY *douses self in petrol and lights match*

They skipped the bit where the drink cost 20 euro or whatever nightclubs charge now

There I was thinking that West Coast Cooler ads couldn't get any worse, how wrong I was, how wrong I was. I'll take that match when you're finished with it :D

There I was thinking that West Coast Cooler ads couldn't get any worse, how wrong I was, how wrong I was. I'll take that match when you're finished with it :D

Thankfully, that ad has 34 dislikes and only 15 likes on YT! :D

This is my favourite booze ad of all time :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement