Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Oops69 wrote: »
    The met eireann weather forecast changing completely over the course of one day , and they never apologise for getting it wrong , happens all the time , it's trivially annoying because I don't rely on it and I'll check the BBC for a more reliable service , .....also that Cavan guy who does the forecast , has he ever done one that doesn't mention " But there is a possibility of scattered showers in the west " .... doom merchant .

I look at the Wunderground site, it's much more accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

BBC weather accurate? Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Unfortunately office air-con tends to be set to the temperature that accommodates those who complain the most i.e. the people who are always too cold.

Not in here. I work in a male-dominated industry. Damn you and yisser faster metabolisms!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Always, and I mean ALWAYS keep a toilet roll in the freezer. If you use it, replace immediately as once you start using it, it must be used as the soggy factor creeps in..

Comes in very handy if one has had a very hot curry the night before:D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Not in here. I work in a male-dominated industry. Damn you and yisser faster metabolisms!

So do I. Your industry must be particularly heavily male-dominated....is it the Vatican by any chance?

Well folks, we've passed the 10,000 posts mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So do I. Your industry must be particularly heavily male-dominated....is it the Vatican by any chance?

32 chicks in a company of 165.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Fine stretch in the...... thread :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Unfortunately office air-con tends to be set to the temperature that accommodates those who complain the most i.e. the people who are always too cold.

"Jaysus, I'm freezin' " said every Irish woman ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

So it's on to part 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Everybody switch off the lights and hide before a mod sees the thread and closes it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Always, and I mean ALWAYS keep a toilet roll in the freezer. If you use it, replace immediately as once you start using it, it must be used as the soggy factor creeps in.

My annoyance for today is cyclists going through red lights. I was crossing the street with my kids at the green man, and this gobsh*te on a city bike nearly nailed us as we reached the far side of the road. I made a remark about a red light quite audibly so everyone in the vicinity knew he was an assh*le.
    If I didn't have the kids, I probably would have been walking faster and he would have hit me.

if he does hit you, feign being blind in your left eye, so didnt see him coming. Double assh*le points for him

In my rambling Walter Mitty-esque thoughts, ideally I'd have clotheslined him

So it's on to part 3?

Hopefully, it's like free therapy :D

Dial Hard wrote: »
    32 chicks in a company of 165.

Not the Vatican so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

We're still here! hee heeeeee

This freaking humidity is driving me nuts. I've hardly slept this week and putting the fan on only means it's too noisy to sleep. So I can leave the fan off and lay awake sweltering in the humidity or turn the fan on and lay awake in the noisy cool air. Not really a great set of options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Trivial things that annoy me... 10k thread limits :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This freaking humidity is driving me nuts. I've hardly slept this week and putting the fan on only means it's too noisy to sleep. So I can leave the fan off and lay awake sweltering in the humidity or turn the fan on and lay awake in the noisy cool air. Not really a great set of options.

Ever use earbuds? As a shift worker I couldn't function without them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Accessotech-Classic-Sleeping-Reusable-Travel/dp/B00E8NDS86/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1406124787&sr=8-4&keywords=ear+buds+for+sleeping

NIMAN wrote: »

Yep, I wear them every Friday and Saturday night, we have neighbours who like to bring friends home in the early hours after the clubs close. The thing about ear plugs is that they are great at blocking out some noises but other types of noise just seeps through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Every post after 10k kills a hamster that runs the servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Itchy eye. When you have a mascara and the whole lot on. I can't rub it, I'd look like a panda :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm sure its been mentioned numerous times but I'm currently sat beside an extremely loud breather.... its making my skin crawl. I actually want to tell her to move the fúck away from me but as were both queuing its not happening. fúcking disgusted

You mean this little fella??

Then we are all terrible people.

Hairdresser talk!

All hail those mannerless beasts!

I just realised that your post was the awaited 10000th, what a great closure!;)

(except we're still here....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's right. AIX memory-management, for example, is very strict about enforcing this. You don't want a badger in the airbox mate, oh no you ruddy-well don't!! :cool:

I was washing my hair this morning and the texture felt weird, so when I checked the bottle I realised I'd washed it with conditioner, had to start all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Damn mosquitoes, just back from Malta and have been eaten alive. I can't get away from all the blood sucking pests, they just love me. First midges, then mosquitoes, would they ever just fcuk off?

Edit: And cockroaches, they are nasty little fcukers! Seen my first one last Thursday, ewwy!

Damn mosquitoes, just back from Malta and have been eaten alive. I can't get away from all the blood sucking pests, they just love me. First midges, then mosquitoes, would they ever just fcuk off?

Have you tried not being so tasty?

Edit: And cockroaches, they are nasty little fcukers! Seen my first one last Thursday, ewwy!

Perhaps switch your shampoo? They used to swarm me when I used a fruity one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I was in a place before that decided to spray the sewers and drains for roaches without telling us...all windows open...tens of startled/half dying cockroaches came in. Gross.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement