Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Housemate leaves fan heater on at max for most of night very loud irritating noise. Can't stand it feel like tripping the switches sometimes.
    Wait till you get the ESB bill :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Practising makeup when I'm bored; it looks perfect.

Heading out; messy. It doesn't matter how much time I had to do it, it's never as good.

:mad: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Constant tuk tuk badgering in cities in Asia when walking down the street or especially after just jumping out of one.

"You want tuk tuk sir" / "tuk tuk" / "hey, where you from my friend" / "tuk tuk here sir" / "you want to see x temple, just 2 dollars"

Argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Comedians who do tv ads.
    Mario/Shortt, I'm looking at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Somehow managing to overlook the 24 hour clock on our timer for the central heating and setting it for 4am instead of 4pm, then sweltering in bed as too lazy to get up and switch it off, even though I was too warm to get back to sleep. Bloody 24 hour clock:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who beep their horn or wave to you and you wave back.Then you realise it wasnt meant for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When driving and doing nothing wrong, someone beeps you, you give them the finger, and then look and see your cousin waving at you.......

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

The use of the word "Rock" as an everyday verb. Seems to be getting more common these days.

"I'm rocking up to Tesco for a litre of milk". It gives me visions of people wandering around doing air guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

kelbal wrote: »
    The use of the word "Rock" as an everyday verb. Seems to be getting more common these days.

"I'm rocking up to Tesco for a litre of milk". It gives me visions of people wandering around doing air guitar.

Do people actually say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Constant tuk tuk badgering in cities in Asia when walking down the street or especially after just jumping out of one.

"You want tuk tuk sir" / "tuk tuk" / "hey, where you from my friend" / "tuk tuk here sir" / "you want to see x temple, just 2 dollars"

Argh!

I also hate badgers in tuk tuks.

• Advertisement

Do people actually say that?

I thought it was just me..

Rocking up to Tesco, for milk of all things:D

When someone calls in a favour and you have no plausible excuse to get out of it, so you have to do it. Bang goes my Friday:(, ah well at least it's for a good cause.

"A favour will get you killed faster than a bullet"

Carlito Brigante :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Checkout people who make comments about the stuff you've purchased as they're checking it through.
    "Ohh, I just love these chocolates too"
    "I really love the smell of fresh basil"
    "Multi-pack of condoms? Someone's getting lucky tonight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    When driving and doing nothing wrong, someone beeps you, you give them the finger, and then look and see your cousin waving at you.......

:pac: anytime someone beeps at me I immediately go into defence mode
    "come at me bro" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

When the girl you have been seeing wants to have a chat "about us" which means you are about to get dumped. Pretty sure i will be on the receiving end of that chat this evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

People who are late but live 5 minutes from the place of meeting. Can I trouble you to be on time? Ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

When the girl you have been seeing wants to have a chat "about us" which means you are about to get dumped. Pretty sure i will be on the receiving end of that chat this evening!

Sometimes that's a chat about making things more serious or at least discussing where its heading. Don't know which you'd prefer, good luck though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Could be about "the three of us" :)

(by which I mean PREGNANT, not threesome)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

How people use the dyson hand driers. The instructions are on them. Put your and in and slowly bring them out yet people insist on plunging their hands in and out at super speed thinking that it speeds up the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

My last bf wanted to have that chat. It was like a job interview!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Ooh didn't think of this!

Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Aglomerado wrote: »
    My last bf wanted to have that chat. It was like a job interview!

Would love to read that transcript! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Would love to read that transcript! :P
    I'll ask him if he still has the clipboard! :D

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I'll ask him if he still has the clipboard! :D

• Advertisement

Tasden wrote: »
    Sometimes that's a chat about making things more serious or at least discussing where its heading. Don't know which you'd prefer, good luck though! :pac:

Its definitely not about pregnancy so its something like where is this going/we should end it I reckon.

I'd prefer the second option myself....

Maybe she wants to introduce her twin sister to the fun....:rolleyes:

Checkout people who make comments about the stuff you've purchased as they're checking it through.
    "Ohh, I just love these chocolates too"
    "I really love the smell of fresh basis"
    "Multi-pack of condoms? Someone's getting lucky tonight"

Yep, that really bugs the crap out of me. My husband loves real ales, so whenever I see some new ones in Dunnes I'll get him some. I have to try to avoid the checkout woman who always, always asks me if they're nice. I don't know, I don't drink them, every time you ask me that question I give you the same answer 'I don't know, I don't drink beer, my husband likes them'

Maybe she wants to introduce her twin sister to the fun....:rolleyes:

Unlikely!

I guess I will just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement

I may or may not have actually done that, in my youth:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

People, mainly in my office, still bathering on about Christmas.

People, mainly in my office, buying things in the sales to be used as gifts for next Christmas.

Get over it people!

When people say they love their job. I always think they are either lying or they make me envious as I don't love mine. I just tolerate it in order to pay the bills and /or until I figure out what I really want to do. But i don't know what that is yet! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Young girls dressed as mini versions of their mothers - fur gilets, leather boots, that kind of get up.

Young girls whose parents constantly dress them in pink. I've yet to meet anyone, be they ,an, woman, child or beast who really suits pink!

Vel wrote: »
    Young girls dressed as mini versions of their mothers - fur gilets, leather boots, that kind of get up.

Young girls whose parents constantly dress them in pink. I've yet to meet anyone, be they ,an, woman, child or beast who really suits pink!

Bet down oul ones dressing like their teenage daughters......

When people say they love their job. I always think they are either lying or they make me envious as I don't love mine. I just tolerate it in order to pay the bills and /or until I figure out what I really want to do. But i don't know what that is yet! :(

Same here, I feel like a drone in sector 7G, it could be worse but could be better. My OH makes me wanna puke, fuucken loves her job, jumps out bed every morning looking forward to work!! She would do it for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

People wishing you 'happy new year ' still , look, go away its the middle if January , all my 'season of good will ' good Cheer is long gone and right now I feel like having a castle knock chess game with you !

"You look exactly like [your sibling's name]!".

Really? I look exactly like the person I am closely genetically linked too. Amazing.

Oh, you don't look like either of your parents. WTF do you say to that? It's always tempting to answer with 'are you calling my mother a whore? What a stupid and utterly pointless thing to say to someone. It's usually some friend of my parents who makes that kind of remark too.

Same here, I feel like a drone in sector 7G, it could be worse but could be better. My OH makes me wanna puke, fuucken loves her job, jumps out bed every morning looking forward to work!! She would do it for free.

Lucky her. What does she do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Oh, you don't look like either of your parents. WTF do you say to that? It's always tempting to answer with 'are you calling my mother a whore? What a stupid and utterly pointless thing to say to someone. It's usually some friend of my parents who makes that kind of remark too.

Reminded me of something I posted in the previous "Trivial things..." thread -

This reminds me of something my mother said last night at a family barbecue-

"You were the only one in the family with that olive skin that tans like that", I took a look round at my ferociously freckled, ginger haired brothers that looked like a pack of topless lobsters and had a bit of a "WTF? She's right!" moment, then just thought to myself...

"What are you trying to say mam?" :pac:

Being unable to quote directly from a locked thread, that's annoying! :(

People who keep nitpicking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

People who dismiss others as loonies and crusties because they are opposed to war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

People that just launch dishes into the dishwasher - there is a system. Always results in it having to be rearranged before you can fit everything in.

:mad::mad: Every time!!:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Poor manners!!!

People that don't say thanks when a door has been opened for them or when you let them out in traffic.

saying hi or hello to someone in a corridor and been ignored

No need for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

old hippy wrote: »
    People who dismiss others as loonies and crusties because they are opposed to war.

"Shannon Whoreport" though hippy?

Because that's not designed to get a prickly reaction at all at all... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People that say hello to you one day and ignore the rest of the time.I dont care im not gonna bother anymore saying hello on the off chance you say it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Engaged couples going on with stuff like this " my Fiancé Said this and my Fiancé did that" with a big emphasis on getting in the word 'Fiancé ' at every available opportunity , like I care you sad sanctimonious saps !

Oops69 wrote: »
    Engaged couples going on with stuff like this " my Fiancé Said this and my Fiancé did that" with a big emphasis on getting in the word 'Fiancé ' at every available opportunity , like I care you sad sanctimonious saps !
    And constantly raving on about there wedding in 2019 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

people not able to walk in a straight line.

You're not drunk so what the fukk is wrong with you!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement