Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

returnNull wrote: »
    people not able to walk in a straight line.

You're not drunk so what the fukk is wrong with you!!!

Gammy hip... :o

Go around, go around! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

People who can't close a door, turn off a light, wash up, cook, tidy up after themselves, show a bit of initiative. You're not 12, go make your own dinner you buffoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Gammy hip... :o

Go around, go around! :pac:

surely there cant be that many people needing a hip replacement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Disappearing threads in After Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

People who aren't capable of returning food /drink to the fridge after they take them out to use. The likes of milk butter cheese ham soft drinks it wrecks my head no one wants a warm drink. That and leaving the lid off milk/drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Bpmull wrote: »
    People who aren't capable of returning food /drink to the fridge after they take them out to use. The likes of milk butter cheese ham soft drinks it wrecks my head no one wants a warm drink. That and leaving the lid off milk/drinks.

Feckers who drink straight from the milk container

Feckers who won't leave their cup back at the sink after I make tea or coffee for them

Boot cut jeans:mad:... come on, WTF is that all about?

Getting a receipt for soap.... in case it..... breaks or doesn't work?

Being asked in Argos if I want to take out insurance cover on an alarm clock that cost €8, apologies if I posted this before, but everytime I think about it, it just annoys me even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Facebook status that annoy me;

People who post/ motivational, weight loss tips, daily quotes, lifestyle pictures.

The type of ones that say 'enjoy today, you never know when your last is'. Or 'be proud of yourself today, every new day is a puzzle you have to piece together'.

Feck off, I don't wanna know that you think you're a great, motivational person. It's ridic.

I log into Facebook to see someone say how many calories are in a Starbucks Frappacchino. I enjoy these; it's not my problem you cannot have them as you're on a diet. Let the people who can have them, enjoy them.

Basically, fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sinead88

Facebook status that annoy me;

People who post/ motivational, weight loss tips, daily quotes, lifestyle pictures.

The type of ones that say 'enjoy today, you never know when your last is'. Or 'be proud of yourself today, every new day is a puzzle you have to piece together'.

Feck off, I don't wanna know that you think you're a great, motivational person. It's ridic.

I log into Facebook to see someone say how many calories are in a Starbucks Frappacchino. I enjoy these; it's not my problem you cannot have them as you're on a diet. Let the people who can have them, enjoy them.

Basically, fcuk off.
    The "motivational" posts drive me insane! A girl I used to work with is constantly posting random selfies from nights out headlined with quotes such as:
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    “Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you.”
    "When you start using senses you've neglected, your reward is to see the world with completely fresh eyes."
    These are in no way related to the photos, like there isn't even a tenuous link. I'm pretty sure she genuinely thinks she's some sort of lifestyle guru. Similarly, anyone who posts stock pictures of seaside views or the like accompanied by "inspirational" messages is insanely annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Bad drivers.
    Cyclists.
    Runners and walkers on narrow bendy back roads. You'll cause an accident.
    Dog shyte on footpaths.
    Wans working at check outs nattering away to each other.
    People bragging about how much they drank the night before.
    Guinness farts.
    Bad time keepers.
    People who can't leave their phone in their pocket for more than a minute.
    Poor spelling.
    Fake laughs.
    Cricket.
    Gay Byrne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Psst! Incognito mode (Ctrl+Shift+N) may come in handy next time.
    Godammit Chrome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

biko wrote: »
    Godammit Chrome!

Handy for when you're shopping for presents and you don't want the OH to find out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I bought a Yorkie yesterday for the first time in ages. Only 5 chunks? Wtf!
    I could have sworn they used to have 6 when I was a lad.

gramar wrote: »
    I bought a Yorkie yesterday for the first time in ages. Only 5 chunks? Wtf!
    I could have sworn they used to have 6 when I was a lad.

They did! But the winner of the "taking the piss" award must go to Caramel bars, they whoop whoop about their "new shape" bar, but all they've done is changed the chocolate moulds so there's no excess edges on the squares, they're now more shaped like half capsules.

The chocolate isn't as thick either. It'll be the same for this years collection of Easter eggs - the bare skim of chocolate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Going into the toilet in work to find one of the other cubicles occupied. The person inside stays completely silent the whole time you are there. You finish up and they are still in there being silent. I've been known to faff around outside for ages after in an attempt to 'flush them out' but they stay inside silenty stuck to the bowel doing whatever the hell it is they are doing! This happens to me at least once a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

Vel wrote: »
    Going into the toilet in work to find one of the other cubicles occupied. The person inside stays completely silent the whole time you are there. You finish up and they are still in there being silent. I've been known to faff around outside for ages after in an attempt to 'flush them out' but they stay inside silenty stuck to the bowel doing whatever the hell it is they are doing! This happens to me at least once a week!

they're probably playing Angry Birds :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Then they come out of the cubicle and you sit on the warm seat?

Sitting on a warm toilet seat after seeing the person is the most disgusting thing in the world.

In some parts of the world there are honour killings over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

they're probably playing Angry Birds :D

Or Angry Turds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Maddening. I usually wait it out. It becomes a battle of wills that I simply cannot lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

I use boards on my mobile.
    When I scroll down and tap on the topic I want to go in to (usually trivial things) my phone doesn't keep up wit me reloads back to the top of the page and I've ended up tapping on some random thing about parts for boilers or something.
    Now that's very annoying.
    and it doesn't just happen the once either

If their bowels are stuck together, that could explain a lot :p

They could be busy reading Boards too :o

And having just got a call from a work colleague looking to know where I am, that's one way to flush them out! Geez, can't even get five minutes to myself! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

We have loads of these silent squatters in work. One day I'm going to call over the partition "Would you please shag off and stop monopolising the place, I need to fart".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

We have loads of these silent squatters in work. One day I'm going to call over the partition "Would you please shag off and stop monopolising the place, I need to fart".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

You should stage a sit in protest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

major bill wrote: »
    Poor manners!!!

People that don't say thanks when a door has been opened for them

This!

Seriously, I always hold a door open if there's anyone within ten feet of it, and if they don't say thank you I always give them a hate filled very loud "Oh, you're welcome...."

Ignorant c*nts.

Ok I'll probably be shot for this but something that annoys me immensely and for no apparent reason is when ugly people pro-create. I know looks are not important, its whats inside that counts blah de blah but it really annoys me when I see (usually women) bumbling along, 3 progenies and all looking like Fiona from Shrek. Wtf? Why? If I looked like Fiona from Shrek I wouldn't inflict my genes on anyone :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Ok I'll probably be shot for this but something that annoys me immensely and for no apparent reason is when ugly people pro-create. I know looks are not important, its whats inside that counts blah de blah but it really annoys me when I see (usually women) bumbling along, 3 progenies and all looking like Fiona from Shrek. Wtf? Why? If I looked like Fiona from Shrek I wouldn't inflict my genes on anyone :(

Worse than ugly procreators is stupid procreators. Unfortunately, they're too stupid to realise this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

People who have great figures but dress badly. You don't deserve it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

being bombarded with 'Celeb news'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Toilet paper that's placed the wrong way round on the holder :mad:

http://tinyurl.com/opx68ab

YES! It does my head in! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Banging into people in the shop and apologising only to realise they're manicans. Made worse by a mirror being right in front of it so I could see how much of a knob I looked like instead of just feeling like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Lucky her. What does she do?

A very valuable and rewarding job..............seriously. I know I can hear vomiting somewhere;)

Czarcasm wrote: »
    They did! But the winner of the "taking the piss" award must go to Caramel bars, they whoop whoop about their "new shape" bar, but all they've done is changed the chocolate moulds so there's no excess edges on the squares, they're now more shaped like half capsules.

The chocolate isn't as thick either. It'll be the same for this years collection of Easter eggs - the bare skim of chocolate :(

Phew, I though he was talking about a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Walking behind smokers on the street. Bang off that is mouldy.

People who feel the need to comment on anything at all.....

My personal least favourite is when some asshole walks past me and tells me that smoking is bad/will kill me.... Really? I was not aware of that. Thanks for educating me. D*ckhead.

• Advertisement

I thought she was alright, not Jessica Rabbit alright, but, well... yeahhh :o

Ahh I know what you mean - The Osbornes, just, no! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Khannie wrote: »
    Walking behind smokers on the street. Bang off that is mouldy.

How come cig smoke smells rank and pipe smoke smells nice???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

How come cig smoke smells rank and pipe smoke smells nice???

More of the pipe smoke comes from the pipe or perhaps from the pipe smoker's mouth. The few pipe smokers I know, do a Bill Clinton and don't inhale like a cigarette smoker.

Most cig smoke you smell has already been down in a smoker's lungs.
    Going by the smell, a smoker's lungs would be somewhere beyond circle 9 in Dante's view of things.

People who assume that someone who cannot spell correctly ( or just cannot be arsed) suffers from dyslexia. Not a trivial issue by any stretch.

Thanks to dyslexia FFS

• Advertisement

Him and whoever created this ad, I just want them to suffer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzwUGJ-kRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

People who look at you and say.....
    'SMILE'

GRRRRRR.

I know I've a big miserable head on me.
    Or I could be just after gettin some bad news or could be in pain.
    what so them sayin smile makes it all better?
    fcuk off

Never feel the need to justify yourself to an asshole....

deise08 wrote: »
    People who look at you and say.....
    'SMILE'

GRRRRRR.

I know I've a big miserable head on me.
    Or I could be just after gettin some bad news or could be in pain.
    what so them sayin smile makes it all better?
    fcuk off

Oh I absolutely HATE this! As I was told I am mostly known as this always happy-nice-smiley person... And people - my boss especially - have this urge from time to time to "attack" me with "oh common give us a smile" or "what's wrong, you're not smiling?" speech... I am not a fcuking smiling machine, leave me alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

That said, I have seen many couples who would be considered conventionally attractive with some right ugly looking off spring!

czechlin wrote: »
    Oh I absolutely HATE this! As I was told I am mostly known as this always happy-nice-smiley person... And people - my boss especially - have this urge from time to time to "attack" me with "oh common give us a smile" or "what's wrong, you're not smiling?" speech... I am not a fcuking smiling machine, leave me alone!

Raaaaar :mad: It's up there with "cheer up, it could be worse" or "is it that bad is it?". Usually perpetrated by those who have very little to be so happy about anyway. I'm like listen mate just because you are happy with your scabby lot and delighted with your negative equity 3 bed semi and and mobile home in Cairn beach and 2.5 thoroughly average under achieving offspring and mangey bint of a wife doesnt mean we all have to sleep with fuucking hangers in our mouths right?! Right?!:eek::eek:

and breathe..................

^^ Cheer up, it might never happen...

F*UUUUUUUUUCK OOOOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement