Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

denlaw wrote: »
    Just saw the ryanair ad..the new all best mates with the punters one....just sicked a bit..:o

He is more than just a trivial annoyance :)
    ya its awful to have to listen to him.
    Isn't he doing all that to get in to America or something? or is it Europe told him his c.s was stopping him from gettin in?
    or did I make that up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

SamAK wrote: »
    I've got a gammy hip, and still manage to walk in a straight line, and faster than most of the plebs that I'm unfortunate enough to share the pavement with. While river-dancing my way around the dog sh1t, vomit and broken glass.

Oh well....that's Limerick Citaay.

That's probably me in front of you... ;):D

The amount of dog ****e though really IS ridiculous, and worse when it's smeared all over the damn pavement! It's not just unsightly, it's a slipping hazard :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Politician speak. Rambling on and on about nothing and never answering the question they're asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Promising myself I would only eat the head off a Lindt golden chocolate reindeer and keep the rest for the next couples of days .......... You can guess the rest ..... Yum !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    bang & the dirt is gone

A drag queen in a well know purple gay pub used to do a send up of this called "clit bang" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Harvey Norman... Daft Dave. Texas Tom. I could go on all day

It's only a matter of time before "Mattress Mick" is on TV shouting at us;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Anyone notice Daft Dave sounds a lot like No Nonsense Insurance deranged voiceover guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

SamAK wrote: »
    ...YOLO

This.
    Harvey Norman... Daft Dave. Texas Tom. I could go on all day

I would genuinely stab Harvey Norman in the throat if I ever encountered him.
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before "Mattress Mick" is on TV shouting at us;)

Haha. I got a photo taken with him last year. He thought it was because he was famous, but it was really cos he's a tool and I was taking the piss out of both his hair and his mint green double breasted 1985 suit jacket :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Candie wrote: »
    Crumbs in the butter, and big gouges carved into it by people with not enough patience to scrape daintily from the top, and people wiping their butter knife on the side of the butter dish, leaving butter contaminated with whatever was also on the knife all around the edge of the dish.

Butter abuse, it's unforgivable.:(

Scraping daintily from the top drives me bonkers! Thinly slicing the butter from the side of the block, cop on people! :cool:

Butter abuse, it's unforgivable indeed.

This.

Haha. I got a photo taken with him last year. He thought it was because he was famous, but it was really cos he's a tool and I was taking the piss out of both his hair and his mint green double breasted 1985 suit jacket :pac:

When I saw the sign first, I thought Mattress Mick was some sort of sexually transmitted disease:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

When I saw the sign first, I thought Mattress Mick was some sort of sexually transmitted disease:D

That's Mattress Micky you're thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Not being able to thank this post twice - now that's annoying! :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Lying on the internet. Why would people do that? Ok, fair enough if you don't want to reveal personal info but why tell porkies?

old hippy wrote: »
    Lying on the internet. Why would people do that? Ok, fair enough if you don't want to reveal personal info but why tell porkies?

Do elaborate.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

People who accuse you of being a fibber just because your life experiences are different to theirs.

You're not really an old hippy, are you? :D

Do elaborate.....

Just in general. I understand criminals lying to get info or bank details etc but just curious why some people lie in general on discussion sites like this. Because they can?

Czarcasm wrote: »

Yes and no. A mate called me that many years ago when I had long hair and wore purple flares. It kind of stuck in my mind. :D

Yes and no. A mate called me that many years ago when I had long hair and wore purple flares. It kind of stuck in my mind. :D

Ah, but did he? really?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Czarcasm wrote: »

Wouldn't think so. I picture him as more of a Middle-Aged Beatnik. Rock on, daddy-o. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Just in general. I understand criminals lying to get info or bank details etc but just curious why some people lie in general on discussion sites like this. Because they can?

Because in reality every single one of us is a boring, middle aged (in mind, if not in body), untravelled, poorly educated, broke and lonesome person with no money, no love and less to live for. But to the very depths of hell if we wont pour everything into pretending otherwise!!!! Eh..... right?

Mabye not...
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Liars hate liars. Have you ever been in a social situation that included two liars? And they both vie for attention? The frisson in the air as one competes against the other? Often interjecting that they hate liars. Occasionally very interesting but often rigidly boring.
    And, after repeating the lie a few times, they, themselves, then believe it and would pass a polygraph.

People who confuse reality with tv. We've all heard stories of actors being attacked in the street, usually by silly women, for cheating on spouses etc in their storyline! Well reading through the comments on Sky News under their story on the poor little lad missing in Edinburgh and some bint actually wrote, "where's Sherlock when you need him?" - the fuuck?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is that not a joke?

maximoose wrote: »
    Is that not a joke?

It didn't have any of the hallmarks of being a joke. You know, like...being funny :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you've had a big argument with your other half and he/she is more than willing to make up and forget about it but your mood doesn't change that quickly and so you simmer all day.
    I'm so guilty of this.

Had a major argument with other half this morning. He stormed off, but came back and apologised and said "Let's forget it" and even though I wanted to, I really did, I just couldn't switch my mood like that.

It's so irritating!

• Advertisement

People who say "Oh hi" when you answer the phone to them. Why? Are they surprised that you answered? "Oh..hiiiii-iiiiiiy". Usually in a fake, drawn out D4 accent too. Feck off would ye.

Z list celebs, on some second rate ****ty chat show, with their "I must tell you this amusing story" which is usually along the lines of their character in the crappy soap, has either beaten someone up, had an affair or burnt the pub down etc, and then the actor is out for a walk, minding his own business and gets accosted by some idiot who cannot tell the difference between real life and Coronation Street .....Oh the woman was so irate because she thought I was really having an affair behind Sally's back".......yeah right.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who say "Oh hi" when you answer the phone to them. Why? Are they surprised that you answered? "Oh..hiiiii-iiiiiiy". Usually in a fake, drawn out D4 accent too. Feck off would ye.

Are you my sister?! My mother does this and it does my head in :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I don't think its trivial.

Reality TV shows and Soap Operas. My blood just boils when its shows like X factor or Im a washed up "celebrity" get me out of here, call now on this premium number to vote. ****ing seals!

Galway K9 wrote: »
    I don't think its trivial.

Reality TV shows and Soap Operas. My blood just boils when its shows like X factor or Im a washed up "celebrity" get me out of here, call now on this premium number to vote. ****ing seals!

Oh I think everyone should vote..............but change it a little, whoever gets most votes SHOULD BE LEFT IN THE FUUCKING JUNGLE:D

• Advertisement

Are you my sister?! My mother does this and it does my head in :mad:

If I am then the world as I know it ceases...because there's no way my brother could learn to use the computer by himself! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

people who suddenly wish to be called their proper name after years of having a shortened or nickname eg call me michael not mick or its patrick not paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

fussyonion wrote: »
    When you've had a big argument with your other half and he/she is more than willing to make up and forget about it but your mood doesn't change that quickly and so you simmer all day.
    I'm so guilty of this.

Had a major argument with other half this morning. He stormed off, but came back and apologised and said "Let's forget it" and even though I wanted to, I really did, I just couldn't switch my mood like that.

It's so irritating!

I hate when I swallow my pride and apologise for being a bitch even when it may not actually be my fault and then he keeps being off with me, despite saying he's fine. I know its difficult to be all sweetness and light when there's still a bit of tension there but the passive aggressive "no I'm fine" and one word answers drives me insane! Either get over it or have it out properly with a discussion/ fight and clear the air! But now I feel bad for getting annoyed at him for it since you say you can't help it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Bad drivers. I was on the bus the other day and this girl was talking about penalty points on her licence. Said she got penalty points for speeding and the reason she didn't see the speed trap van was that she was too busy talking on her phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

This kind of half annoys me/half cracks me up. When someone comes on Boards and posts a fairly serious problem they're having, eg 'I'm in debt up to my eyeballs, the bank are threatening to repossess the house and I only have €20 to last me for the next two weeks.'

In between all the well thought-out advice, there's usually at least one person who comes along and says something like 'god OP, thanks for giving me some perspective. I've been complaining because we've had to start buying own brand products' and then goes merrily on their way.

I'm sure it's well-meant and I'm probably guilty of it myself at times, but the sheer insensitivity of it is sometimes unintentionally hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

People who look at your name tag and then say "Ann, IS IT?" Eh, yeah, it says so right there!!!

Customers who enjoy telling you that they are paying for your wages. Just fcuk off.

When you tune in a radio station but it goes fuzzy when you walk away from it. Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

People who look at your name tag and then say "Ann, IS IT?" Eh, yeah, it says so right there!!!

Some people have poor vision. Maybe they just make out a couple of letters and have a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

juniord wrote: »
    people who suddenly wish to be called their proper name after years of having a shortened or nickname eg call me michael not mick or its patrick not paddy

My friend, for as long as I've known her, was called, lets say Mary. Now all of a sudden it has turned to a double barrel name! When booking anything its Mary-Louise! I think she thinks it makes her more sophisticated. Annoys me so much especially when I get through to her voice mail. 'hi, you're through to Mary- Louise...'
    names have been changed to protect identity :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Kids being called after their parent.Do they not deserve their own name.

Customers who enjoy telling you that they are paying for your wages. Just fcuk off.

When you tune in a radio station but it goes fuzzy when you walk away from it. Bah!

Actually, yeah! What causes that!?

• Advertisement

People who aren't American saying "-een" instead of "-ing" or "-in' ".

People who rather than tell you "I'm not doing great today actually", decide to say "I'm okay...", and if you don't realise that that means "Pander after me to find out what's wrong", they get angry at you. WTF you said you were okay, I'm not a mind reader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Doing a project that's due before 12 tonight and some stupid bitch beside me is blaring the fox through her earphones.

I'm actually gonna smack the cúnt

Ham packets with the "peel here" tab that DO ANYTHING BUT F*CKING PEEL! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

News reports that mention when a person was 'fatally injured'.
    It seems like an easier way to say killed / died, it lessons the impact.
    Seems to be used a lot in stats / reports also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

whiskeyman wrote: »

Killed to death would be more clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paulfosters

juniord wrote: »
    know a few like this ffs must be notions !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Them scary movie ads....like "devils due" when Im up alone....... :(

whiskeyman wrote: »

Last week on the news, the report went " The victim, who lived in a detached house, was blah blah", WTF is that about

People who look at your name tag and then say "Ann, IS IT?" Eh, yeah, it says so right there!!!!

"No, I am not Anne, I just borrowed her shirt and badge, my name is Graham":D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

"No, I am not Anne, I just borrowed her shirt and badge, my name is Graham":D
    We used to do this all the tiime where i worked,you wold swop name tags.Or sometimes if you forgot yours they gave you a completely random name tag.Used to be funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement