Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A b it like on some threads, someone will have a gripe or whatever, and then the replies come..."Oh god love you", "My heart goes out to you, I am the same" or "that's terrible"....................all pointless waffle, not like the v ery important stuff we have here on TTTAUP2:D

lol :pac::pac:

Also, when someone describes a dead person as "brave". Fair enough if they were brave then you can call them that, but one does not become an honourary brave by passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    lol :pac::pac:

FCUK!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

hate it when you wake up one morning look in the mirror and realise that you're highlights have grown out big style,
    you don't get paid for two weeks and you haven't anticipated needing your hair done again so soon...

F'kin pain in the gicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Customers that think its OK to have a go at staff in shops/restaurants over prices.... Its NEVER OK!!
    Its not my fault you have chosen the best quality, most expensive item and you want to pay the same price as the cheaper alternative....

Sadderday wrote: »
    F'kin pain in the gicker

I thought you got that bleached, not highlit/highlighted (which is correct?):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I thought you got that bleached, not highlit/highlighted (which is correct?):D

I thought it was Sadderday's slang name for a vagina! :D

Need to brush up on my urban dictionary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

When you're trying to open a new carton of milk and that plastic pull out yoke sticking out tears off! Had to get a knife out and "operate" on the bloody thing! :mad:
    Did a good job though, didn't stab myself or anyone around and not a drop was spilled, might as well become a surgeon :D

Firstly, I read it as grababone.:D

Are these "medical devices" or are they really for something else, if you get my drift?. I notice a company called ebuzzworld are involved. I remember there used to be ads in newspapers for ladies "massagers".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Jaysus, there's some 99 year old aul biddy on yakking away about sh*te. One of the why say in a sentence what you could take 10 minutes to ramble on. I've had to zap the volume. ya'd think that at her age you'd know you were living on borrowed time and just hurry the feck up. These old codgers do ramble on. Listening to her was making me lose the will to live:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

People who walk two abreast on the street at that pace that is neither too slow or two fast

you can either try overtake by speeding up and looking like a special needs power walker (and mumble a few curses as you pass)

or stay behind slowly getting more in-raged

its at these times I wish I had a plutonium tipped umbrella

shroom007 wrote: »
    People who walk two abreast on the street at that pace that is neither too slow or two fast

you can either try overtake by speeding up and looking like a special needs power walker (and mumble a few curses as you pass)

or stay behind slowly getting more in-raged

its at these times I wish I had a plutonium tipped umbrella
    Especially when you get 2 people with prams walking side by side and they're ignorant enough to think you should get out of their way. One of these days I'm just going to stop dead in front of them and let them go around me in the hope that they'll get arsey about it and I can then vent my spleen at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Especially when you get 2 people with prams walking side by side and they're ignorant enough to think you should get out of their way. One of these days I'm just going to stop dead in front of them and let them go around me in the hope that they'll get arsey about it and I can then vent my spleen at them.

Those people with babies are so annoying.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I have them, word of warning...DO NOT SNEEZE!!!!!!

They will shoot out and be awkwardly hanging around your crotch area, no amount of trying to suck them back up works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

or they stop for a chat and a fag just outside the shop your going to

then you see the kids in the pram and there about 7yrs old eating a mars bar and drinking a coke, wheres me umbrella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

The first thing that popped into my mind was "why do they come in different colours!?":eek: sure it doesn't matter as they are stuck in.. well you know where :D

czechlin wrote: »
    The first thing that popped into my mind was "why do they come in different colours!?":eek: sure it doesn't matter as they are stuck in.. well you know where :D

well, oh no, I wont go there.............:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

2 things that i can't believe i've never mentioned before and both of which have occurred this evening.

1) getting to the gym only to realise i've left my headphones at home FUCK!

2) Bringing the car for a wash and then coming out to find a lovely big bird **** on the roof and windscreen after parking under a tree like a thick... CUNT!

I was just walking home there and saw what I thought were a couple of lads gathered round two lads fighting on the ground. I stood to assess the situation for a minute before I said to myself"ahh here, he's getting killed", told the young lad call the Gardaí as I ran up to break it up. Next thing I saw the boom microphone and the two lads got up off the ground...

Damned actors, turned out they were only filming a fight scene! :mad:

*shuffled awkwardly away*, red faces all round, young lad breaking his hole laughing :o

• Advertisement

Those people with babies are so annoying.;)
    Power walking 2 abreast with prams and expecting other people to move out of the way is just ignorant;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I was just walking home there and saw what I thought were a couple of lads gathered round two lads fighting on the ground. I stood to assess the situation for a minute before I said to myself"ahh here, he's getting killed", told the young lad call the Gardaí as I ran up to break it up. Next thing I saw the boom microphone and the two lads got up off the ground...

Damned actors, turned out they were only filming a fight scene! :mad:

*shuffled awkwardly away*, red faces all round, young lad breaking his hole laughing :o

Kinda of done that many years ago, I had a Spanish friend who used to busk in Galway regularly, he plays the uilleann pipes. Anyway, one day he was busking away in Shop Street and I was in front of him making silly faces and the like and my other mate motioned me to move, when I turned around there was a full RTE crew that had been filming him across the street, he was part of a documentary about people from other countries learning Irish music. When I spotted the crew I skidaddled out of there mightily quickly. :o

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

AH Mods locking threads just as I am about to hit submit on a whity comment.

czechlin wrote: »
    She'd be a dead woman, this is just gross :mad:

I do it to the OH, 'ruined your yawn!!'

He just looks at me in disgust :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

People that double park their cars:(

Even worse when there is plenty of spaces left:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Charlie19 wrote: »
    People that double park their cars:(

Even worse when there is plenty of spaces left:mad:

There's a word for those type of people... ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Tzardine wrote: »
    Parents who say their kids is 24 months old.

Its feckin 2 FFS.

I'm gonna have to disagree with this one.

Saying "my kid is 2" could mean anything from 24 months to 35 months (and 30 days,) and there's a big bleedin difference at that stage of their development. That's why they specify in months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

whirlpool wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to disagree with this one.

Saying "my kid is 2" could mean anything from 24 months to 35 months (and 30 days,) and there's a big bleedin difference at that stage of their development. That's why they specify in months.

Ah yes, but no one except the parents could give a flying fcuk about that. So just say it in years FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There's a word for those type of people... cnuting ****!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Cupid looking stunts who wear their hoods up when driving!

I mean what's the story lads? Have ye got a leak? Is it plssin rain inside?

Is yer sunroof leakin?

I saw a bloke today with a black hoodie over his head driving a black estate.

Thought it was The Grim Reaper driving a Hearse!!! :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Closure of the 'Best Excuses made in the prison forum'. :mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::P. Ah Well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When I get up to go to the shop in the morning to get some stuff for brekkie and the shop is closed 45 minutes after the stated opening time.
    When I go back to the shop when it opens and there are a group of people blocking the door who are clearly high as they have the appearance of The Walking Dead extras without all the eating people.
    When you eventually get into the shop and the crossaints are still the crusty stale ones from yesterday.
    When you go to queue and you are behind the aforementioned group who are pulling together pennies , buttons and items to barter with to buy tin foil, smokes and a packet of sausages.

But it's all made worthwhile when a larger lady of the herd (who is not wearing shoes) grunts the word 'have to work' and sprints away at speeds Usain Bolt would be proud of while her friends start to roar that she is in no condition to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

On the subject of brekkie stuff ...crossaints , the most impossible useless tastless pieces of crap you could be offered for breakfast , I'm always starving for breakfast ...hump off with your ' continental breakfast ' frenchies .

Oops69 wrote: »
    On the subject of brekkie stuff ...crossaints , the most impossible useless tastless pieces of crap you could be offered for breakfast , I'm always starving for breakfast ...hump off with your ' continental breakfast ' frenchies .

Breakfast should always be bacon, eggs, sausages, buttered toast (with REAL butter), unlimited quantities of tea (with cream) and fruit. I'll even add beans if the idea of having beans for brekkie tempts me.

A couple I came across on youtube. They live in Cork, the woman seems lovely, the bloke is a complete bellend. He talks like Jedward.

They just had a son and named him Eduardo. All fine and good, until you say it in a Cork accent.

Christ.

• Advertisement

Breakfast should always be bacon, eggs, sausages, buttered toast (with REAL butter), unlimited quantities of tea (with cream) and fruit. I'll even add beans if the idea of having beans for brekkie tempts me.

Tea, with CREAM?? WTF :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Wrong. Breakfast should be raisin/apple/custard danish. Coffee Cappucino or Latte. Plain/fruitscone, if more appetite.
    Bar of Chocolate as a vice (like morning cigarette for smokers)

mauzo! wrote: »
    A couple I came across on youtube. They live in Cork, the woman seems lovely, the bloke is a complete bellend. He talks like Jedward.

They just had a son and named him Eduardo. All fine and good, until you say it in a Cork accent.

Christ.

I heard a woman call her kid the other day....Juanita no less, the kid had flaming red hair and freckles
    gugleguy wrote: »
    Wrong. Breakfast should be raisin/apple/custard danish. Coffee Cappucino or Latte. Plain/fruitscone, if more appetite.

Ah, morning coffee and the first smoke, AKA The **** Trigger:D

Tea, with CREAM?? WTF :D

I like my tea with a bit of half and half once in a while. Most times I drink it black .... no milk, no sugar.

Half and Half is sold in a 1 litre container (10% dairy fat) and is half milk and half cream). I'm not 100% positive but I think it only exists in Canada.

Poor Un Croissant, gets a woeful hard time around here :p

You put cream in your tea? That IS something I've never heard of before! Cream in my coffee alright sometimes, but tea? *scratches head* :pac:

Trivial thing that annoys me? Every time my wife is making tea for herself she'll ask me "tea or coffee?"...

Coffee, it's always going to be coffee, it always has been coffee, for the last 17 years it's been coffee, and yet still she insists on "tea or coffee?". Frustration! :(

• Advertisement

That much sugar would put me to sleep a half hour after I ate it.:eek:

You put cream in your tea? That IS something I've never heard of before! Cream in my coffee alright sometimes, but tea? *scratches head*

Read my post right above yours. :) I explained it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Do they still have ' homo' milk in Canada , nearly collapsed when I first saw this in Toronto way back in 1990 ?

Actually while you're here, one question I always wanted to ask a Canadian, but never think of it when I meet them -

Do they sell 'Canada Dry' over in Canada? Because it was sold here in Ireland for a while, well, a long time ago now actually, and I could only get it one Summer, a really hot and sweaty Summer, and there was nothing like sitting up on top of a galvanize roof, roasting the back off yourself, and cracking open a can of Canada Dry... :D

Somebody better not pip up 'Sure you can still get that in SPAR here". I've searched, in vain :pac:

I like my tea with a bit of half and half once in a while. Most times I drink it black .... no milk, no sugar.

Half and Half is sold in a 1 litre container (10% dairy fat) and is half milk and half cream). I'm not 100% positive but I think it only exists in Canada.

I think they use in the other place next door to you, I cant remember the name the country, the place with all the guns, United something of whatever:D

Do they still have ' homo' milk in Canada , nearly collapsed when I first saw this in Toronto way back in 1990 ?

You mean this?

http://media.tumblr.com/94825ebebcbb73adfb5518d66df39e13/tumblr_inline_mp37owsmh01qz4rgp.jpg

Yup. :)

Only gays are allowed to drink it though. Canadian law.

There we were this morning, sound asleep enjoying a lazy Saturday morning in bed. Next thing 2 bints wanting to acquaint us with their lord God and personal saviour started banging on the front door. One of these days I'm going to acquaint one of their asses with my foot. 2nd time this week someones tried to talk to me about God:mad:

Actually while you're here, one question I always wanted to ask a Canadian, but never think of it when I meet them -

Do they sell 'Canada Dry' over in Canada? Because it was sold here in Ireland for a while, well, a long time ago now actually, and I could only get it one Summer, a really hot and sweaty Summer, and there was nothing like sitting up on top of a galvanize roof, roasting the back off yourself, and cracking open a can of Canada Dry... :D

Somebody better not pip up 'Sure you can still get that in SPAR here". I've searched, in vain :pac:

I drink Canada Dry gingerale all the time. It's widely sold here. They even have their own Facebook page.

Somebody better not pip up 'Sure you can still get that in SPAR here". I've searched, in vain :pac:[/QUOTE

You know the old story about Brendan Behan, upon arrival at Toronto, sees a sign that says "Drink Canada Dry", and wit that he was, says "Ah sure, we will give it a try"

Oh God don't. I'm a veggie and whenever we stay in a hotel that has one of those buffet style breakfasts I'm a nightmare. It's not fair to those of us with zero willpower to put so many pastries out. I wanna eat them all:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement