Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭chrisb1

Butter that is to hard and rips the bread :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Trying to buy a new phone. Google decided theres something wrong with my payment method and needs me to send ID and a bill to confirm who I am. Thought I would just buy from amazon then but theyve jacked up the price by 70 pounds. Used another google account so will see how that goes.

EDIT: New annoying thing now. Seems like Im going to have to try to gather all the forms for them. Tempted to just buy another phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Requiem is excellent.

Packing for holidays annoys the cr*p out of me. Packing for myself is bad enough, but when you have to pack for 2 kids as well, Jaysis Mavis.

I LOVE packing. I love it so much, that we're moving in 6 weeks and I've been packed for about 4 already :o

I already have my suitcase packed for my honeymoon, in 7 weeks :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

mauzo! wrote: »
    I LOVE packing. I love it so much, that we're moving in 6 weeks and I've been packed for about 4 already :o

Remind me to have you here when I need to pack for moving, in about a year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

So a packet of rubber johnnys then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

You're moving house 1 week before the wedding?? :eek:

Remouad wrote: »
    You're moving house 1 week before the wedding?? :eek:

Getting married in 5 weeks, moving house in 6 weeks, honeymoon in 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Jaysus, if the two of you survive that, I reckon you will go the full distance;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Booking flights - grand. Destination research, itinerary, what's on etc. - great. Accommodation search - head wrecker :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

That there's not enough butter in those little sachets you get in hotels.
    That cheap watery ketchup they have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You must be a masochist woman:D The 2 most stressful things in the world, moving house and getting married and you do them within a week of each other. It better be a bloomin great honeymoon:)

Amazons sneaky exchange rate. I almost forgot to place my order in pounds this morning. Amazon have a scandalous sterling to euro exchange rate. I bought my husband a new mobile he wanted as an anniversary present. No idea what it is or what features it has, I just got him to add it to my wish list on my Amazon account.

Also I had to agree to him getting me an Easter egg, even though I really don't want one, as he feels guilty about not getting me one since he found the one I got him. :mad:, I don't want an Easter egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Consider two scenarios:

You buy a kebab. It's amazing but it's leaking sauce everywhere.

or

You buy some fried chicken and it's also amazing but it's finger food so your fingers are sticky and its kind of messy......

Wait a second ... what the heck ..... For one of the messiest types of food ever created since the dawn of time they only gave you like 3 mini sheets of napkin paper, each an atom thick to wipe your mess....even picking it up in a desperate attempt to wipe sauce off your chin results in maximum soakage just from the natural oil of your finger prints.... thats actually not a trivial issue at all. It's really annoying in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Consider two scenarios:

You buy a kebab. It's amazing but it's leaking sauce everywhere.

or

You buy some fried chicken and it's also amazing but it's finger food so your fingers are sticky and its kind of messy......

Wait a second ... what the heck ..... For one of the messiest types of food ever created since the dawn of time they only gave you like 3 mini sheets of napkin paper, each an atom thick to wipe your mess....even picking it up in a desperate attempt to wipe sauce off your chin results in maximum soakage just from the natural oil of your finger prints.... thats actually not a trivial issue at all. It's really annoying in fact.

Solution:

Lick all your fingers clean, with the palm of your hand wipe your chin, lick the palm of your hand clean. Lick your lips and hold your arms out as if nothing should ever touch them again, think for a few moments and then realise your only option is to continue sucking and licking on your fingers, finally wipe your face with your sliva soaked hands and re-lick your fingers.

Pros:

You get every finger licking drop

Cons:

Not the most sophisticated thing to do! but fun all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

When someone uses the phrase "inbox me" referring to sending an Email! Not sure why it bothers me but i hate it!

Amazons sneaky exchange rate. I almost forgot to place my order in pounds this morning. Amazon have a scandalous sterling to euro exchange rate. I bought my husband a new mobile he wanted as an anniversary present. No idea what it is or what features it has, I just got him to add it to my wish list on my Amazon account.

Also I had to agree to him getting me an Easter egg, even though I really don't want one, as he feels guilty about not getting me one since he found the one I got him. :mad:, I don't want an Easter egg.

So much annoyance just because of an egg, I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing :D Pumpkinseeds stop being so stubborn and take the egg, hide it and give it back to him next year! :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

When you're eating with a group of people and the etiquette is that you wait til everyone is served before you begin eating but some people tuck in as soon as their plate arrives, you're there watching your food go cold while waiting and the others are enjoying their hot food but its rude to just abandon etiquette at that stage so you just wait it out full of resentment :pac:

Don't use the urinal beside me if there are other urinals free.....................its weird.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Now that Im sitting down to write this I realise its far from trivial but I have a good pot o coffee on the go, kid parked in front of Peppa Pig and I wanna vent!!!!!!!!
    ****ing alternative medicine/Big Pharma conspiracy ass holes!!!!!!! (hmmm I may have already mentioned this in this thread previously now that i think about it:P)
    Why I find it less than trivial today is that my estranged Father in law is literally being slowly killed by his Crusty German partner.
    He has a rare form of liver cancer which he was, of late, doing very very well against. My wife visited him the other day and he has seriously relapsed. He is so ill that he should probably be in hospital but his idiot partner has convinced him that her concoctions of nettles and herbs and such are better for him and that he is better off removed from "Commercial medicine".
    Wife literally pleaded with them to get into the chemist for some invalid/high calorific value food as his weight has plummeted and then to get to The GP NOW (She has a medical background and knows what she is on about).
    One week later and this has not been done, the herbal, honey, cinnamon and nettle crap is still going in and crusty has him on sports drinks. Sports drinks are just about the best way to kill someone with a liver condition!
    Christ i honestly feel like machine gunning every crusty in Leitrim!!!!!

And to bookend this post. Father in law has about 2 weeks left, is going into a hospice and dumb bitch is blaming Big Pharma medicines failings. Not one course of treatment was finished due to her herbal meddlings. **** me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Don't use the urinal beside me if there are other urinals free.....................its weird.

Urinal Etiquette Test

I don't think there's an equivalent test for the ladies, but I suppose you could substitute the urinals for stalls :D

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Urinal Etiquette Test

I don't think there's an equivalent test for the ladies, but I suppose you could substitute the urinals for stalls :D

I dunno, girls tend to have entirely different etiquette when going to the bathroom :pac: you never see guys going in groups or sharing a stall whereas on nights out for girls it would be a regular occurrence

Elmo wrote: »
    Solution:

Lick all your fingers clean, with the palm of your hand wipe your chin, lick the palm of your hand clean. Lick your lips and hold your arms out as if nothing should ever touch them again, think for a few moments and then realise your only option is to continue sucking and licking on your fingers, finally wipe your face with your sliva soaked hands and re-lick your fingers.

Pros:

You get every finger licking drop

Cons:

Not the most sophisticated thing to do! but fun all the same.

I just lost my appetite :(

Tasden wrote: »
    I dunno, girls tend to have entirely different etiquette when going to the bathroom :pac: you never see guys going in groups or sharing a stall whereas on nights out for girls it would be a regular occurrence

And always with the handbags!! Upon return from toilet, puts bag on floor beside feet which have trodden around a wee soaked floor. Comes home and puts handbag on table:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Tasden wrote: »
    you never see guys going in groups or sharing a stall

Only when there's a few cheeky lines to be had ;)

I've also seen on many occasion girls in the guys toilets, they seem to think that they're intitled to use the guys toilets if their ones are full or if the queue's too long.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Urinal Etiquette Test

Ok am I the only girl, who couldn't resist and did the test!? :eek::D

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And always with the handbags!! Upon return from toilet, puts bag on floor beside feet which have trodden around a wee soaked floor. Comes home and puts handbag on table:eek:

Eeww eisenberg!:pac:
    I personally avoid taking the bag to the bathroom but if I do I usually hang it on the little hook (most cubicles have them) or find another solution unless the floor is clean then I leave it there. But +1 for the "puts handbag on table", I absolutely hate that. Women, who put their bags on tables in restaurants/cafes are even worse, [insert desired swearword] :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

czechlin wrote: »

:) nope!
    thankfully I got them all wrong :-)

How did you do ?

LOL I got full marks even for the ''subtle'' trick question :D

So much annoyance just because of an egg, I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing :D Pumpkinseeds stop being so stubborn and take the egg, hide it and give it back to him next year! :eek: :pac:
    I know, I think I just really need a drink:D It's sad, but 6 weeks without a drink or even a packet of crisps is making me cranky as Hell:(

How did you do ?

LOL I got full marks even for the ''subtle'' trick question :D

I barely passed as the thing said - 30 of 60!:eek:
    The 'very tricky indeed section' actually stressed me out! Guess I wouldn't make a good man, which is ok since I'm very happy being a woman :D

• Advertisement

Dramatik wrote: »
    I've also seen on many occasion girls in the guys toilets, they seem to think that they're intitled to use the guys toilets if their ones are full or if the queue's too long.

I'll usually just go for the first door I see, it's usually 50/50 as to whether I'm in the ladies or the gents, but it's either never bothered them, or they were just too polite to say anything.

Can you honestly say the same about a girl using the gents toilets? :D

I do use the gents toilets on nights out occasionally if I get the all clear. Sometimes the guys are really sound and let us know that it's ok to go when they see that the queue in the ladies is mental.

Never came across men who'd be angry or annoyed over it. Although I freaked one guy out a while back. He was quite drunk, washing his hands and as i walked out of the cubicle he shouted "I swear ya were a bloke getting in there!":eek:, "eh I can assure you that never in my life was I a bloke" as the fella in the other cubicle started laughing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

As long as they're quick and they ask nicely, I don't mind ;)

You must be a masochist woman:D The 2 most stressful things in the world, moving house and getting married and you do them within a week of each other. It better be a bloomin great honeymoon:)

He's going on his stag weekend on Friday, to Spain.

2 days after the wedding he's going to a music festival for the weekend.

While I'm moving stuff into the house.

The day after he's back we have the honeymoon.

Busy busy busy :D and I can't wait!!!!

As long as they're quick and they ask nicely, I don't mind ;)

I always ask nicely ;)

deise08 wrote: »
    :) nope!
    thankfully I got them all wrong :-)

Deise I got half of them right, which wasn't an impressive result but still...and I was "accused" of thinking like a man last week, well sh1t, is the universe trying to say something!?:eek: :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When the self-service things in Tesco don't work or are really slow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

when you help a parent with a computer issue, and after you are forever blamed for future issues.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    when you help a parent with a computer issue, and after you are forever blamed for future issues.

Its worse when you help a couple people in the office with minor things on the computer, proper basic stuff like attachments or scanning stuff, so they refer to you as the "technical genius of the office", and you just end up looking pathetic when there's an actual problem with the PC and they expect you to fix it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

elfy4eva wrote: »

No, getting rid of that virus did not slow down the computer. It doesnt matter if you think its going slower. You know what, fine I obviously know nothing about computers, that college course only had computer in the name because they thought it sounded cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

PEOPLE:mad:
    Some people are such idiots it astounds me sometimes.
    Nasty, no patience, rude (oh god I could go on but will just simmer here in silent rage instead :mad:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Windows 7

The start screen is a mess. You can't print photos from its photo editing app, the email app is horrible and it's called windows because you can flick between windows, the start screen just defuncts the name. More like Panels.

Elmo wrote: »
    Windows 7

The start screen is a mess. You can't print photos from its photo editing app, the email app is horrible and it's called windows because you can flick between windows, the start screen just defuncts the name. More like Panels.

You sure that's not Windows 8.1 Elmo? That's a bucket of over-hyped shìte alright (says I typing this on my Windows 8 Phone :pac:), but the desktop version still won't be right until the first service pack at least to iron out some of the bugs (fairly embarrassing yesterday when it BSOD'd on me yesterday in front of a customer, definitely not inspiring faith!).

Oh yeah, about Windows 7 - it's the 1GB updates I've to download each time I do a fresh install, I wish Microsoft would just release Service Pack 2 already! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

My 21 year old housemate sleeps with her bedroom light on and we've those doors with the glass above them so her bedroom light lights up the whole feckin' house at night :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Those 'do not disturb' and breakfast ordering things hanging on the inside of hotel doors , ever tried closing the door on the inside without the fecking things falling off around three times !!! , there's gotta be a better way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Realising I just wasted my 666th post without being really evil and demonic , will never have the chance again .:(........ Well for about five minutes anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Oops69 wrote: »
    Those 'do not disturb' and breakfast ordering things hanging on the inside of hotel doors , ever tried closing the door on the inside without the fecking things falling off around three times !!! , there's gotta be a better way!

There is. Put it on the damn dresser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Kids running around in Pubs

I understand Parents need a drink to unwind and I don't mind kids in the pubs but is it a big ask that they are watched and kept seated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

your browsing the net minding your own business.... and you realise that the ads on certain sites are exactly what you were thinking...

its like google knows ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Sadderday wrote: »
    your browsing the net minding your own business.... and you realise that the ads on certain sites are exactly what you were thinking...

its like google knows ....

Because it does ! As far as I remember your browser saves your search history (cookies? Im not IT savvy) and your ads will then reflect what you've been Googling and so on. Kind of creepy! (Also, get AdBlock :P)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement