Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Crumpets wrote: »
    My 21 year old housemate sleeps with her bedroom light on and we've those doors with the glass above them so her bedroom light lights up the whole feckin' house at night :(

That would annoy me too. Try the sleep masks that you get for air travel, I've done that sometimes if staying somewhere where there is a light on in a landing / hallway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Because it does ! As far as I remember your browser saves your search history (cookies? Im not IT savvy) and your ads will then reflect what you've been Googling and so on. Kind of creepy! (Also, get AdBlock :P)

UH OH< gotta start deleting !!!

I thought it was coincidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The twat on his phone in the Lidl queue yesterday. You know the people who know they are being listened to and hamp everything up?
    "Whats wrong darling? Stop crying darling, whats wrong?...Yes I warned you this was an inevitability of your actions didn't I? You wouldn't listen to me when I told you this would happen if you continued on... Put Mommy on the phone...Stop crying...Pass me to Mommy...Pass me to Mommy...No no, stop crying and pass me to Mommy.....(passed to Mommy)...what's SHE blabbering on about?" (all of the above in a tone one would only reserve for a boardroom meeting)

What a charming way to speak to/about your upset child. I'll pass you to Mommy alright, I'll pass you to my Mommy and she'll sort you out... Kn*bhead of the highest order. His kids will probably (hopefully) grow up and beat the cr*p out of him.

major bill wrote: »
    Kids running around

in Pubs

I understand Parents need a drink to unwind and I don't mind kids in the pubs
    but is it a big ask that they are watched and kept seated
    ?

:)

major bill wrote: »
    Kids

running around in Pubs

I understand Parents need a drink to unwind and I don't mind kids in the pubs
    but is it a big ask that they are watched and kept seated
    ?

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Cleaning the bathroom today, I bought bleach and opted for the citrus one as I like the smell of Lemon. There aint no smell of citrus from it! Just smells like fuppin bleach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

People.Who.Put.An.Empty.Milk.Carton.Back.In.The.Fridge. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Buying sunglasses. Why is it so hard to find the perfect pair of sunglasses? I love the totally black lenses that hide your eyes, but after wading through 25 pages worth on Amazon there isn't a single pair that I like. All of them are more of a smokey colour than black:(

When someone fcuks up my order. I just received our cat food from Zooplus and instead of the dry food that I order every month they've sent me the canine version. Now I'm going to have to haul it to the post office tomorrow and wait another week for the right one to arrive. This dry food stops the cats fighting, so it's not really that trivial:mad::(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The twat on his phone in the Lidl queue yesterday. You know the people who know they are being listened to and hamp everything up?
    "Whats wrong darling? Stop crying darling, whats wrong?...Yes I warned you this was an inevitability of your actions didn't I? You wouldn't listen to me when I told you this would happen if you continued on... Put Mommy on the phone...Stop crying...Pass me to Mommy...Pass me to Mommy...No no, stop crying and pass me to Mommy.....(passed to Mommy)...what's SHE blabbering on about?" (all of the above in a tone one would only reserve for a boardroom meeting)

What a charming way to speak to/about your upset child. I'll pass you to Mommy alright, I'll pass you to my Mommy and she'll sort you out... Kn*bhead of the highest order. His kids will probably (hopefully) grow up and beat the cr*p out of him.

I hate that anyway, someone yelling into a mobile, and because you are in a queue, or on a bus/ train, you have no choice but to hear their conversation.
    I was on a bus one evening and forced to endure a yelling person on a mobile, about a 'rot' (I think she meant a rat), that her boyfriend said was in the shed.
    Some time later, on the same route, I heard the same voice starting again. Thankfully, I was getting off the bus shortly afterwards. I was slightly tempted though to ask her, how did the 'rot' saga end...

And then there's the 'leaky headphones' type, oh dear God. How come it's always the worst kinda crap they have shrieking from the headphones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

probably a rotten end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Snowstorms. Will winter EVER end???? :mad:

(15 to 20 centimeters forecast for me today. Feck.)

Snowstorms. Will winter EVER end???? :mad:

(15 to 20 centimeters forecast for me today. Feck.)
    Enjoy it, it's humid here in Clare. The flies are back now, so as soon as the cats have finished eating I have to take the food bowls up and wash them or the flies crawl all over it.

Jeez, I'm on a roll today. I made an appointment for a haircut on Thursday morning and forgot I'm supposed to be having some blood tests done that morning. Feck it, I need a haircut more than the blood tests. Note to self, stop making appointments before having first cup of coffee in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Enjoy it, it's humid here in Clare. The flies are back now, so as soon as the cats have finished eating I have to take the food bowls up and wash them or the flies crawl all over it.

I would prefer humid. It was humid here yesterday too. We had a high of 17 or 18 yesterday and sunny and now it is minus 7 C and snowing.

The joys of living in southern Ontario. :rolleyes:

And the guy living next door to me is singing sea shanties. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Buying sunglasses. Why is it so hard to find the perfect pair of sunglasses? I love the totally black lenses that hide your eyes, but after wading through 25 pages worth on Amazon there isn't a single pair that I like. All of them are more of a smokey colour than black:(

Try welding googles:D
    When someone fcuks up my order. I just received our cat food from Zooplus and instead of the dry food that I order every month they've sent me the canine version. Now I'm going to have to haul it to the post office tomorrow and wait another week for the right one to arrive. This dry food stops the cats fighting, so it's not really that trivial:mad::(

Try Petbliss, based in Wicklow, but will deliver....I find them very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Merkin wrote: »
    People.Who.Put.An.Empty.Milk.Carton.Back.In.The.Fridge. :mad:

If I'll ever commit a homicide this^ might be the reason :mad:

noisy eaters.

It's soup. Swallow it.

You dont need to slurp, scrape the cardboardy tub its in with the plastic spoon

smack your lips together or blow for 20 mins

Sadderday wrote: »
    noisy eaters.

It's soup. Swallow it.

You dont need to slurp, scrape the cardboardy tub its in with the plastic spoon

smack your lips together or blow for 20 mins

I'm going to go out on limb here and guess you don't work in an old person's home, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

My 21 year old housemate sleeps with her bedroom light on and we've those doors with the glass above them so her bedroom light lights up the whole feckin' house at night :(

That would drive me nuts, used to have those doors in the house I grew up in, I don't understand them, pain in the hole.

Use tinfoil dear.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110322065041AAnHw8I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

er...replace the glass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Doors banging back and forth within their frames.

When there's a manhole not properly fitted and you hear it banging every time a car drives over it. Enough to drive one demented if you have to listen for more than 2 minutes. As with everything, more annoying when you are waiting for a bus....

when its a gorgeous day and the sun is shining and you get home to cook dinner......

and your kitchen is bleeding freezing because it couldnt be any more shaded.

Jipped,

when its a gorgeous day and the sun is shining and you get home to cook dinner......

and your kitchen is bleeding freezing because it couldnt be any more shaded.

Jipped,
    We have the reverse of that. It's like a furnace in the kitchen when I'm cooking. Our bedroom is on that side of the house too and it makes the room very humid at night.

Doors banging back and forth within their frames.

People next door to me, I used to think their car had sixteen doors on it. Having a lazy Sunday morning....then open/close, open/close, open/close bang, bang, bang fcukin bang. Its simple, open the door/s, take all your sh1t out, and THEN close the door, once, ONCE!!

When you have a tough day at work and lectures after and you eventually get home at 9pm. You're tired and hungry and your feet are sore and you just want to relax and eat, and your OH has a meal ready for you, a bottle of wine in the fridge, the dog walked, the bathroom cleaned and the bed made.*

* trivial annoyance: realising this has never happened. Not even once.

We have the reverse of that. It's like a furnace in the kitchen when I'm cooking. Our bedroom is on that side of the house too and it makes the room very humid at night.

AHHHH ours is the complete opposite, sun in the front... trying to watch tv when its sunny is impossible ! all the blinds and curtains we bought to try see it better... its mounted to the wall so can't move it !

are we ever happy ? :)

When you have a tough day at work and lectures after and you eventually get home at 9pm. You're tired and hungry and your feet are sore and you just want to relax and eat, and your OH has a meal ready for you, a bottle of wine in the fridge, the dog walked, the bathroom cleaned and the bed made.*

Ah, this happened to me once but....

he burnt the chops and the potatoes turned to mush, he got the wrong wine, he walked the dog but didnt scoop the sh*t and the neighbour complained, found my toothbrush on the floor because he put it there when he was cleaning the sink, bed still had yesterday's cummy sheets

Ya gotta love it :)

• Advertisement

Kids playing football on the road, right beside a perfectly good green. Play on the green for God's sake! It's safer.

Ah, this happened to me once but....

he burnt the chops and the potatoes turned to mush, he got the wrong wine, he walked the dog but didnt scoop the sh*t and the neighbour complained, found my toothbrush on the floor because he put it there when he was cleaning the sink, bed still had yesterday's cummy sheets

Ya gotta love it :)

hmmmm...that fits with my theory that they do it wrong on purpose so they wont be asked to do it again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

hmmmm...that fits with my theory that they do it wrong on purpose so they wont be asked to do it again...

It's called Strategic Incompetence. ;)

Emmm, my OH does all above for me, more often than I deserve.....

I am off to call Hallmark, I just got an idea:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Kids playing football on the road, right beside a perfectly good green. Play on the green for God's sake! It's safer.

Ah its what kids do, the opposite of what they are supposed to do.

Wearing jackets in summer, shorts in winter...etc

youngbutdumb :pac:

AHHHH ours is the complete opposite, sun in the front... trying to watch tv when its sunny is impossible ! all the blinds and curtains we bought to try see it better... its mounted to the wall so can't move it !

are we ever happy ? :)
    Nope. We've got heavy curtains in the living room so that takes care of the sun on the front of the house. Blackout blinds and blackout curtains in our bedroom as my husband works a 2 cycle shift so he's on nights 2 weeks out of every 4. I took down the curtains and poles in the kitchen to repaint and decorate.

Hated the ones that were here originally and now I don't know when we're going to get around to getting the kitchen painted and new poles and curtains up:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

The absolutely stupid moderation of the Independent.ie. I was just looking back through my comments and noticed half of them have been deleted.

One of the them was deleted because I used partner and marriage in the same sentence...the fudge?

My comment 'Anything to be said for another mass?' was also deleted.

At first, I thought okay fair enough but I was reading through a few articles today and some really abusive stuff is allowed to stay up. It's fudging ridiculous!!! They're like the God police or something.

Nope. We've got heavy curtains in the living room so that takes care of the sun on the front of the house. Blackout blinds and blackout curtains in our bedroom as my husband works a 2 cycle shift so he's on nights 2 weeks out of every 4. I took down the curtains and poles in the kitchen to repaint and decorate.

Hated the ones that were here originally and now I don't know when we're going to get around to getting the kitchen painted and new poles and curtains up:(

My OH is on nights 2 weeks out of every 4 too.....

maybe we are sharing ?

does yours have a mole on his ar'se? :)

when they go to work is when you actually get stuff done !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

when they go to work is when you actually get stuff done ! I am having an affair with your OH, does he do you as much as he does me, cause I seem to be unable to get any house work done when he's here.

FYP :pac:

My OH is on nights 2 weeks out of every 4 too.....

maybe we are sharing ?

does yours have a mole on his ar'se? :)

when they go to work is when you actually get stuff done !
    Ah, now you've hit a nerve. When he finishes nights he gets all helpful around the house doing chores that I didn't get a chance to do, it annoys me as it feels like a bit of a passive aggressive criticism, which I know it's not. Nope, he doesn't have a mole on his bum:D

Elmo wrote: »
    FYP :pac:

Don't kill me Pumpkin !

• Advertisement

Also, what is with all the fecking radio stations all playing Pharrell Williams - Happy. I used to like that song because I love Despicable Me but now I fecking hate it!!!! Every single radio station plays it over and over and over!!!

It's doing my head in! I was switching from station to station like I usually do and it was being played on 3 radio stations at the same time! It should be banned from being played for next 6 months. I am so fecking sick of it!!! >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

maguic24 wrote: »
    Also, what is with all the fecking radio stations all playing Pharrell Williams - Happy. I used to like that song because I love Despicable Me but now I fecking hate it!!!! Every single radio station plays it over and over and over!!!

It's doing my head in! I was switching from station to station like I usually do and it was being played on 3 radio stations at the same time! It should be banned from being played for next 6 months. I am so fecking sick of it!!! >.<

Ah be thankful its a good song and not Effiel 65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I know subjective yadayada but Happy is a bad song and also it reminds you when you hear it often that you are often not in fact happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I know subjective yadayada but Happy is a bad song and also it reminds you when you hear it often that you are often not in fact happy.

The daughter loves it and I despise it, when I turn it off she always asks am I not happy and that's why I don't like it!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah be thankful its a good song and not Effiel 65

I'd be thankful if they stopped playing it. Everytime I hear it, I want to punch someone.

Radio has ruined the song for me!

maguic24 wrote: »
    I'd be thankful if they stopped playing it. Everytime I hear it, I want to punch someone.

Radio has ruined the song for me!

I hate when that happens. There are a few songs now that I used to like, but have to turn off the radio when I hear them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I hate when that happens. There are a few songs now that I used to like, but have to turn off the radio when I hear them now.

I've never heard that song and god willing I never will! Trivial things to be grateful for!

And while I'm on a roll - trying to get rid of door to door salespeople nicely, but firmly. A guy called earlier, something about a car service offer, he was so nice, and so pleasant, I struggled to get rid of him.

:D
    gramar wrote: »
    I've never heard that song and god willing I never will! Trivial things to be grateful for!

People being grateful on this thread, just kidding gramar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

And while I'm on a roll - trying to get rid of door to door salespeople nicely, but firmly. A guy called earlier, something about a car service offer, he was so nice, and so pleasant, I struggled to get rid of him.

Hmm sounds interesting! I bet it was more than the car he wanted to service!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement