Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

LynnGrace wrote: »
    :D

People being grateful on this thread, just kidding gramar

We can't be giving out all of the time now can we? Maybe we can. I'm annoyed I've heard of that song because
    now I want to hear it so I can experience first hand how annoying it is and then that will annoy me. Damn you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I have a mouth ulcer on the roof of my mouth, holy sh*t its so bloody annoying.

Feels huge too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's very annoying that if I don't get a chance to drop by during the day...there's dozens of posts on this thread to catch up on...

P.S Keep up the good work ;)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

maguic24 wrote: »
    The absolutely stupid moderation of the Independent.ie. I was just looking back through my comments and noticed half of them have been deleted.

One of the them was deleted because I used partner and marriage in the same sentence...the fudge?

My comment 'Anything to be said for another mass?' was also deleted.

At first, I thought okay fair enough but I was reading through a few articles today and some really abusive stuff is allowed to stay up. It's fudging ridiculous!!! They're like the God police or something.
    Reminds me of moderation somewhere else where the moderation depends on the moderators personal opinion and that of his small sad clique on a forum, Rather than any objective reasoning , not this forum of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

IT departments in companies. The place could be burning down but as long as something looks like its working to them then there's no issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

IT departments in companies. The place could be burning down but as long as something looks like its working to them then there's no issue.

people who ring IT department and insist that their computer is not unplugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Those lame Virgin ads with Usain Bolt dressing up and making a show of himself.

"More power?"

"More power?"

"Mo Farah?"

Fudge off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

viper006 wrote: »
    People that drive with their fog lights on at night when there is no fog. Do people really thinks it makes their car look cooler?
    F*ckheads who have their fog lights on all the f*cking time
    Thirded! I figured other people might have picked this one. :D

I was driving tonight and the amount of f*ckheads with their f*cking fogs on (front and back). It's not foggy out, F*ckhead! TURN THEM OFF! And have some consideration for other drivers who don't want their eyes cut out of them. I actually think that rear fog light is the worst. It's so damn bright and right in your line of sight - awful if you can't overtake.

It's amazing the rage that descends when I get dazzled by fogs. I start dreaming up all sorts of brilliant contraptions to summarily dispatch the pig-ignorant fog light junkie. My particular favourite is a machine gun that would extend out of my wing mirrors. The gun could take the lights out from a distance. Then a rocket launcher would extend up out of the boot and would blow the pig ignorant f*cker's car to smithereens. As I drive gleefully by the carnage, a robot hoover is jettisoned and it cleans up the mess (it's got a little dustpan and everything). It then tootles off to the local recycling centre (courtesy of its built-in GPS) and it happily plays the Wombles theme tune as it goes about its business. I don't want to cause an environmental hazard and people can get very upset about the environment these days, just ask Duncan Stewart. However, it would seem that I'm okay with the total and utter annihilation of another human being. In this one instance, you understand.*

* This is not a legally binding agreement. Terms & conditions apply. Said human annihilation may also apply in the following instances; People who ignore the "ten items or fewer" rule in the express supermarket queue, people who steal the car parking space that you've been waiting and indicating for and gob****e middle lane drivers. This list is not to be taken as final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

bronn wrote: »
    Thirded! I figured other people might have picked this one. :D...

Fourthed, and can I just add that the only thing worse than some loodramawn with fogs on when there is no fog, is an utter rectum who has fogs on and nothing else, while the sun is shining! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I have a headcold. It's not really bad, but seems worse this morning because I didn't get enough sleep and it's pissing me right off. Bring on the long weekend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I have a headcold. It's not really bad, but seems worse this morning because I didn't get enough sleep and it's pissing me right off. Bring on the long weekend...

wack a load of solphos, have a ride, shower and hit up a mickey d's ... right as rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

mauzo! wrote: »
    I have a mouth ulcer on the roof of my mouth, holy sh*t its so bloody annoying.

Feels huge too!

*schoolboy sniggers* :D

Sorry mauzo, in that kind of silly mood this morning... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Sadderday wrote: »
    wack a load of solphos, have a ride, shower and hit up a mickey d's ... right as rain

Mickey D's for brekkie? Bleurgh......yock!

maguic24 wrote: »
    Mickey D's for brekkie? Bleurgh......yock!

only when your ropey....

I was there on saturday morning at 10.32 exactly... was actually there earlier but in the queue for a few mins. they said breakfast stops at 10.30.

I could see the hash browns but they wouldnt give me one.

Like Mickey Douglas in Falling down. SNAPPED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

When you're in a foul humour but still try to remain as a decent considerate human being so you tactfully inform the people in your near radius to leave you in peace and what do they do!? They just won't shut up! Please do me and yourself the favour and wrap up your nagging and a chit-chat and move on before I turn from a grumpy hedgehog into a very angry porcupine that actually can throw its quills :mad:

• Advertisement

czechlin wrote: »
    ...I turn from a grumpy hedgehog into a very angry porcupine that actually can throw its quills :mad:

That'd be pretty furkan Ninja. :cool::cool::cool:

jimgoose wrote: »
    That'd be pretty furkan Ninja. :cool::cool::cool:

You've no idea who you're dealing with jim...:rolleyes:

You've no idea who you're dealing with jim...:rolleyes:

Oh, I think I'm getting the idea! :pac::pac::pac:

So I wander into the office kitchen to fix an oul' heart-starter. While the espresso machine is ruminating and growling, I get a bottle of milk out of the fridge and place it on the worktop beside me. As I'm waiting, someone else comes in with a bowl of cereal, eyes the milk, and says "May I?". "Certainly", says I, and they take the bottle and put some on their cereal. Then, they put the bottle back in the fridge. YOU BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

So I wander into the office kitchen to fix an oul' heart-starter. While the espresso machine is ruminating and growling, I get a bottle of milk out of the fridge and place it on the worktop beside me. As I'm waiting, someone else comes in with a bowl of cereal, eyes the milk, and says "May I?". "Certainly", says I, and they take the bottle and put some on their cereal. Then, they put the bottle back in the fridge. YOU BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU!!!

Would that make you a cereal killer?

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    Would that make you a cereal killer?

<badum-TISH!!> Oh well-hoofed, chief! :pac:

Bet now you wish you were a ninja!:p

hahahaha, some di'ckhead figured that the coffee jar that I put down for 3 seconds was free for all gucci coffee and offered it around the room.

when he put it back I took it and walked off. big di'ckhead used my cup and all.

Sadderday wrote: »
    hahahaha, some di'ckhead figured that the coffee jar that I put down for 3 seconds was free for all gucci coffee and offered it around the room.

when he put it back I took it and walked off. big di'ckhead used my cup and all.

What a pr1ck!!!:mad:
    Don't get me started on that!!!:mad::pac::pac:

Bet now you wish you were a ninja!:p

One of these days, Alice... one of these days!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Words that are all hideously joined together.

Notwithstanding.

Wherewithall.

Insofaras.

Hitherto.

Aforementioned.

Shutthefuuckup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

One of these days, Alice... one of these days!! :D

A Jackie Gleeson fan, ay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

My day is going from bad to worse. I had to reboot the work PC cos it was running painfully slowly. Well, didn't it take 1 hour to reboot and has now lost a file referenced in the registry. This is after a saga of 2 weeks trying to get it working properly again (thought I had) after it nearly pulled down the whole network after installing updates (it's very old and hadn't been used for a couple of years prior to me starting here so needed a lot of updating before support for XP ended). I nearly vomited. I am never, ever, ever rebooting it again.

I'm sick of IT. In fact, let's get rid of calculators and go back to scale rules. Much easier. At least scale rules can't crash and take all your work with them.

It's damned lucky I'm on my own here, nobody can suffer my bad mood.

growing pains are real

I hate it when people say they are in yer mind.

I still get them

My day is going from bad to worse. I had to reboot the work PC cos it was running painfully slowly. Well, didn't it take 1 hour to reboot and has now lost a file referenced in the registry. This is after a saga of 2 weeks trying to get it working properly again (thought I had) after it nearly pulled down the whole network after installing updates (it's very old and hadn't been used for a couple of years prior to me starting here so needed a lot of updating before support for XP ended). I nearly vomited. I am never, ever, ever rebooting it again.

I'm sick of IT. In fact, let's get rid of calculators and go back to scale rules. Much easier. At least scale rules can't crash and take all your work with them.

It's damned lucky I'm on my own here, nobody can suffer my bad mood.

Most computers are a complete waste of time and resources and have produced an entire generation of addled, cross-eyed carcasses who are so delighted when they briefly do what they're actually supposed to do that they are completely oblivious of the fact that they are mostly useless. It turns out Ken Olsen was right. At any rate, in a sane and just universe, he would have been.

• Advertisement

On the radio now, that young fella from Moonboy, sounds like he really needs to blow his honk....an annoying little git. Actually the whole show is a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Notwithstanding.

Wherewithall.

Insofaras.

Hitherto.

Aforementioned.

Shutthefuuckup.

GETOUTTADATGARDEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Notwithstanding.

Wherewithall.

Insofaras.

Hitherto.

Aforementioned.

Shutthefuuckup.

I've no problem with that whatsoever! :p:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Electioneering:mad: Most of our candidates has knocked on our door so far, normally I'd see that as a good thing, but this year I have some questions to ask them. Now any other time I just wouldn't answer the door to them. I've had tons of junk mail in my letter box from them and now there's a van with a loud speaker going around the area blasting vote for X.

Well no, I'm not voting for them because you're loud speaker shows a total lack of consideration for people. What about the people who work nights and are trying to get a bit of sleep or anybody else who could do without you shouting about your candidate.

If they want votes they can damn well get off their backsides and do the traditional thing of knocking on peoples doors of an evening and explaining why we should vote for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

The Mrs puts used jam and honey jars that are going into recycling in the dishwasher. Everything gets covered in little bits of label but it doesn't stop her, it would be awful if the recycling people tracked us down as the criminals who put the sticky jars in the recycling bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I've no problem with that whatsoever! :p:cool:

...wait.....what? :confused:

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Deise Vu wrote: »
    The Mrs puts used jam and honey jars that are going into recycling in the dishwater. Everything gets covered in little bits of label but it doesn't stop her, it would be awful if the recycling people tracked us down as the criminals who put the sticky jars in the recycling bin.

I can't put sticky jars in the recycling bin but I wash them by hands because bits of label everywhere is another thing I can't stand. And that reminds me of a few more:
    • you open the washing machine to take the clothes out and realise that somehow that one bastard of a tissue got in there and now it's all over everything
    • when someone puts a cup with the teabag into the dishwasher, the said teabag rips open and tea is stuck over every single piece and you have to re-wash everything by hand to get rid of it
    • plates/bowls with bit of food/thick sauce in the dishwasher (spinach and the likes are your enemies here), just rinse before ffs it takes a few seconds
    • teabags in the sink, the bin is not miles away
    • plates/pans from scrambled eggs and plates/bowls from poridge/cereal left sitting on the counter for hours. Just let it soak dammit, you need a chisel to get the stuff off!!
    :mad::mad::mad:

I'm great to live with I swear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

People who say "in anyway" e.g. "In anyway, I was on me home..."

Just say "anyway".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Just say "anyway".

"and, anyway" is what I'd imagine they are saying

• Advertisement

Just say "anyway".

Agree, but what is worse, IMO, is when its pluralised. "Anyways" or "in anyways". Also "I gets the bus", WTF is that all about?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Agree, but what is worse, IMO, is when its pluralised. "Anyways" or "in anyways". Also "I gets the bus", WTF is that all about?

"I gets", "I says" et al is typical of uncultured bumpkins from the arse-end of a mountain such as myself, unfortunately! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I can't put sticky jars in the recycling bin but I wash them by hands because bits of label everywhere is another thing I can't stand. And that reminds me of a few more:
    • you open the washing machine to take the clothes out and realise that somehow that one bastard of a tissue got in there and now it's all over everything
    • teabags in the sink, the bin is not miles away
    :mad::mad::mad:
    I'm with you on these. I leave jars into a basin of water and the label comes off whole. Hate that if a tissue gets all over stuff in the wash, and you are convinced you searched every pocket and sleeve.
    Another thing I hate is litter, and what seems to have become common-stuffing household rubbish into public litter bins. I saw two people yesterday at a bin outside a supermarket, trying to stuff rubbish into an already overflowing bin. It was a total mess already, I feel sorry for whoever has to try and empty it.
    I hate to see people flinging litter around anyway. It makes me sick.

I gets de bus, soze I doze...:D

Ballacks. I've just heard AC/DC are retiring. One more time, with feeling:

Turn it the fack up!!

Ballacks. I've just heard AC/DC are retiring. One more time, with feeling:

Turn it the fack up!!

You need to check out "Hayseed Dixie":D

• Advertisement

You need to check out "Hayseed Dixie":D

Way ahead of you! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

People in other countries who ask me if I live in an Igloo. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

People in other countries who ask me if I live in an Igloo. :mad:

Are you annoyed at the fact that them asking this question reminds you of the fact that you DO live in an igloo, or are you annoyed at the fact that they'd be as ignorant as to even have to ASK whether or not you do? Because you obviously do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Are you annoyed at the fact that them asking this question reminds you of the fact that you DO live in an igloo, or are you annoyed at the fact that they'd be as ignorant as to even have to ASK whether or not you do?

I'm annoyed they are so ignorant as to even ask me.

I'm annoyed they are so ignorant as to even ask me.

Is your igloo anywhere near Stompin' Tom Connors' one? He da man! :cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement