Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

jimgoose wrote: »
    So I wander into the office kitchen to fix an oul' heart-starter. While the espresso machine is ruminating and growling, I get a bottle of milk out of the fridge and place it on the worktop beside me. As I'm waiting, someone else comes in with a bowl of cereal, eyes the milk, and says "May I?". "Certainly", says I, and they take the bottle and put some on their cereal. Then, they put the bottle back in the fridge. YOU BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU!!!

I have a similar thing with my dad whenever I'm living at home. I'll go to the fridge and get milk/OJ and put it on the table. Then I go across the room to grab some cereal and in the few seconds that takes me he's walked into the room and put it back in the fridge.

Also, people leaving manky dishes in a sink full of water. Scrape the worst parts into the bin for feck sake, I don't want to stick my hand into this lukewarm goop to pull the plug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Is your igloo anywhere near Stompin' Tom Connors' one? He da man! :cool:

I don't know if you heard but he passed away recently.
    Sad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I don't know if you heard but he passed away recently.
    Sad day.

Didn't know. RIP Stompin' Tom. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

People in other countries who ask me if I live in an Igloo. :mad:

Well I guess that answers my second question I always wanted to ask a Canadian but never thought to ask when I meet them! :D

Meanwhile, taking time out for a sit-down, and the pain of lumping around one permanently dead leg is one thing, but when you're getting up and you realise the other leg has gone dead, that's just taking the piss quite frankly! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

People in other countries who ask me if I live in an Igloo. :mad:

Don't get it.....are you actually an eskimo?

or is that some view people have of canadians? It's not something that I would associate with Canada generally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When manufacturers put 2 different products in identical packaging. I ordered a bag of dry food for cats, not realising that the dog version is in identical packaging, except for the silhouette of a dog on it:rolleyes:. I blamed the retailer for sending me the wrong product but have since realised that it was my mistake:o

Still, it bugs the Hell out of me that I've emailed the retailer yesterday and today for the Return number that I need to put on the form when I return it to exchange it, and they haven't replied yet:mad:

What really takes the biscuit is that the retailer charges 4 something to ship in Ireland but almost 8 euro to ship from Uk to Ireland but the return address is in the UK. They only cover the cost of returns up to the 4 something I paid with DHL, but it's going to cost us more to send it back via An Post:mad::mad:

When manufacturers put 2 different products in identical packaging. I ordered a bag of dry food for cats, not realising that the dog version is in identical packaging, except for the silhouette of a dog on it:rolleyes:. I blamed the retailer for sending me the wrong product but have since realised that it was my mistake:o

Still, it bugs the Hell out of me that I've emailed the retailer yesterday and today for the Return number that I need to put on the form when I return it to exchange it, and they haven't replied yet:mad:

What really takes the biscuit is that the retailer charges 4 something to ship in Ireland but almost 8 euro to ship from Uk to Ireland but the return address is in the UK. They only cover the cost of returns up to the 4 something I paid with DHL, but it's going to cost us more to send it back via An Post:mad::mad:

Pumpkin, I gots to ask, do you order everything on line??

DO you ever just go to the shops ? :D;)

Jake1 wrote: »
    Pumpkin, I gots to ask, do you order everything on line??

DO you ever just go to the shops ? :D;)
    I spend too much time in shops. We've only ever seen the cat food we use online so there's no alternative but to buy it online. Amazon do some of it but it's extortionately overpriced. For example we get a 6 pack of the tinned food for 6.99. On Amazon 1 can costs over 2 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Having to ASK your doctor for a receipt after you have paid her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Naps. I just can't do them. I got home absolutely exhausted, decided to take a nap (30-45 mins) and woke up 4 hours later!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I think Google uses the google wallet support as a means of putting the people not smart enough to walk to work on their own out of the way. They required a government issued ID and either a bank statement, credit card statement or utility bill to prove my address. I sent them a bank statement and drivers licence and twice they thought I was sending them a credit card statement despite having selected bank statement. I told them its visa debit so now they want to see the bank statement showing the last 4 digits of my debit card, which doesnt have my card number. They have the option of web chat but only once my account is verified. I seriously cant work out whats wrong with them and it takes hours to get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

czechlin wrote: »
    Naps. I just can't do them. I got home absolutely exhausted, decided to take a nap (30-45 mins) and woke up 4 hours later!:mad:

I love naps, the problem i have with them is having a 40/50 min nap and waking up feeling horrific, i kind of feel a combination of overly lethargic (similar to that point when you have had so much to drink you are fighting to keep your eyes open) and also slightly jittery where all i want to do is melt back into sleep.

This image about sums it up

sGB5Nzs.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I think Google uses the google wallet support as a means of putting the people not smart enough to walk to work on their own out of the way. They required a government issued ID and either a bank statement, credit card statement or utility bill to prove my address. I sent them a bank statement and drivers licence and twice they thought I was sending them a credit card statement despite having selected bank statement. I told them its visa debit so now they want to see the bank statement showing the last 4 digits of my debit card, which doesnt have my card number. They have the option of web chat but only once my account is verified. I seriously cant work out whats wrong with them and it takes hours to get a response.

I didn't need any of that :confused:

They are perfectly useless in google wallet support, though. I had a warning on the top of my gmail that my card could not be verified (had been using it for ages in google wallet so why now suddenly?) and that I should log in and update my details.

Well, looked a lot like fishing to me. Logged in (in a different browser) and everything looked correct, so rang them. Asked why the message was appearing (dunno..), what they were going to do about it (nothing we can do), why they were allowing messages that looked distinctly like fishing to persist (not my area, sorry, I only deal with google wallet queries) and importantly, is it a fishing scam?! (Em I don't really know, I don't know why the message is there. Is there anything else I can help you with?)

CHRIST ON A BIKE.

So the hell what that you're only google wallet support and not google support, there's a message relating to my credit card details on google wallet that looks highly suspect and they didn't give a rats arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I love naps, the problem i have with them is having a 40/50 min nap and waking up feeling horrific, i kind of feel a combination of overly lethargic (similar to that point when you have had so much to drink you are fighting to keep your eyes open) and also slightly jittery where all i want to do is melt back into sleep.

sGB5Nzs.png

20 minutes is the accepted duration of a useful nap. Less isn't beneficial, more is detrimental because of sleep cycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

sGB5Nzs.png

Yep, that's exactly how I feel! That's why I avoid them even though I like my sleep.

I think it's just my body's revenge on me for not being very good to it lately. Have to get back to the healthier routine again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Working with aul ones who have less qualifications and just one year extra experience, who think cause they've lived to see the other side of 45 and have sprang 4 brats from their lady garden, that they're much more knowledgeable and their time much more precious.

Also said aul ones thinking I give a flying **** about their child's schedule, unless its impacting on my day, such as left doing her job cause she had to leave early to collect her spawn.

I'm rattlin all day with temper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I think I know why when I nap it turns into a full nights sleep. People seem to be talking about 40/50 minute naps. It takes me at least that long to even fall asleep. Also I don't want to get up. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

On the way in to work earlier, there is a right wanker in front of me, you know, with bowlie haircut, early twenties, pock marked, manky lookin, ultra bright tracksuit, tucked in to the once white socks, carrying a little bag from the chemist and screaming in the phone " I GOT me fcukin meds, see you, yer oney a fcukin BITCH!!, hello, are you der? HELLO? FCUK!!", turns to me and says "Here, pal, can I borrow yer phone for a minute?"
    ME: "No"
    Skanger: "What? Why?"
    Me: "Because you cant"
    Skanger:" your oney a bollox"
    Me: "Please go away".....well, something like that.

Great start to the day....he was probably going home for a little doze after walking all the way to the chemist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    On the way in to work earlier, there is a right wanker in front of me, you know, with bowlie haircut, early twenties, pock marked, manky lookin, ultra bright tracksuit, tucked in to the once white socks, carrying a little bag from the chemist and screaming in the phone " I GOT me fcukin meds, see you, yer oney a fcukin BITCH!!, hello, are you der? HELLO? FCUK!!", turns to me and says "Here, pal, can I borrow yer phone for a minute?"
    ME: "No"
    Skanger: "What? Why?"
    Me: "Because you cant"
    Skanger:" your oney a bollox"

Great start to the day....he was probably going home for a little doze after walking all the chemist

W*nker, I'd be just in the mood for someone like that today. Should have asked him is it not enough your tax is paying for his methadone and probably his accommodation and mickey money too. Great thing about people like that is you can say whatever you want to them - they are so out of it they couldnt get the reflexes together enough to even throw a punch...

....says the keyboard warrior from the safety of her desk.... :)

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    W*nker, I'd be just in the mood for someone like that today. Should have asked him is it not enough your tax is paying for his methadone and probably his accommodation and mickey money too. Great thing about people like that is you can say whatever you want to them - they are so out of it they couldnt get the reflexes together enough to even throw a punch...

....says the keyboard warrior from the safety of her desk.... :)

Ah, sure they are his "entitlements" dontchaknow....

If I had blown at him he would have fell over, never mind a punch:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

:D... I'd say they were your exact words ;)

LynnGrace wrote: »
    :D... I'd say they were your exact words ;)

Well, it was actually "Go and fcuk yourself, you little prick":eek:

I just saw the front page of the Irish Times, the above remark could apply to him as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Ah, sure they are his "entitlements" dontchaknow....

If I had blown at him he would have fell over, never mind a punch:D
    Skanger backup would come to the rescue. If you're a good runner that won't not matter though. You might try and video them with your smartphone if you're brave enough.

Why are youngfellas so plug-furkan-useless? I had a seized, stuck old ball-cock valve in my water tank the other week, so I said to a local youngfella - a qualified plumber - that there was a few tenners in it for him if he'd pop up and change it. I had the new replacement, tools, etc. if he was short anything. So up he goes to the attic, and comes back down a few minutes later completely flummoxed. What the actual Cheeses-furk?? Turns out he only ever did "large-scale installations", which I take to mean spending the day soldering the same joint on a hundred different radiators, all identical, in one of these Pyrite-sodden Modern Bijou Urban Living things. So I did it myself, in about twenty minutes, which is what I should have done in the get-go. Cheeses wept...

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Not sure if I'm annoyed or amused by this one, but the usual morning conversation you're expected to have. Not being in the form for such nonsense this morning:

Me: A barely grunted "Morning"
    Colleague: "Good Morning Disco, how are you, fine thanks, and yourself?"
    Me: :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Saying 'lamBAST' instead of lamBASTE' :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

WOMEN who wear pyjama,s to go to the shops.
    how lazy are you?
    its to much trouble to get dressed?
    People who just talk about their children,
    especially baby,s .
    I have no kids, not interested in hearing about your child rearing .

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

riclad wrote: »
    WOMEN who wear pyjama,s to go to the shops.
    how lazy are you?
    its to much trouble to get dressed?

I'm not a woman but I can vouch.

Yes, sometimes it really is that much trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

People complaining about other people's babies. Especially complaining about them posting pics of their kids on Facebook. I like children, I think babies are cute and I'm generally happy for new parents. But there seems to be a rash of people complaining that "No-one is interested in your smelly child!"

Well, I am. The grumpy feckers can just scroll past the pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Lyaiera wrote: »
    People complaining about other people's babies. Especially complaining about them posting pics of their kids on Facebook. I like children, I think babies are cute and I'm generally happy for new parents. But there seems to be a rash of people complaining that "No-one is interested in your smelly child!"

Well, I am. The grumpy feckers can just scroll past the pictures.

Guilty as charged :D (although one or two photos so you can look and say "ah cute, happy for them, must start thinking about doing that before I dry up" is fine - I draw the line at the following: baby yoga, placenta smoothies, baby sign language, militant "dont you dare criticise me for breastfeeding" posts, pictures of bumps and ultrasounds and gushing posts from Grannies who ought to know better given they too have lived the novelty of procreation who shout about the child being "amazing, the best in the world" etc - yeah yours and everybody else's it seems... I'm all for competitiveness but how can one ever truly say their child is the best when nobody is willing to concede that theirs might be thoroughly average?? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Those ultra competitive "professional" runners who show up to charity runs in all their running regalia, treat it like an Olympic qualifier and take the fun out of the Fun Run.

At the weekend my club were staging a cross-country run (6K or 10K) and as I was injured I lend my hand stewarding. I was stationed at a high fence which was about 10 feet high, where I basically had to assist people over it if they weren't able to climb over it themselves. There was a crowd of teenage girls sort of developing at the fence and I was moving them through as quickly as I could. The majority of the girls were helping each other out too and had definitely only entered the race for a bit of fun and to support the club. Next minute, one of these aforementioned runners came charging towards the fence, shouting at a seven year girl who was in his way, and without due care to the other runners, leapt over the fence in one foul swoop, nearly knocking down a couple of the girls in the process. Just so he didn't add a second or two to his world record. Wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I've just heard that every laptop power supply in the company has to be PAT certified every 6 months - it's a joke.

Don't forget, its Good Friday tomorrow, so if you need to the to the butcher and off licence today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Stag weekends. I trust my fiancè, that's not the issue.

The issue is that he gets 4 days in Spain without me!!!!!

mauzo! wrote: »
    Stag weekends. I trust my fiancè, that's not the issue.

The issue is that he gets 4 days in Spain without me!!!!!

Take solace in the fact that he will spend most of that time sellotaped to a lampost naked with a Union Jack stapled to his mickey.

Take solace in the fact that he will spend most of that time sellotaped to a lampost naked with a Union Jack stapled to his mickey.

He's too nice, the worst he'll get is thrown in the pool at 4am!

He's too nice, the worst he'll get is thrown in the pool at 4am!

Amateurs! :pac::pac::pac:

I work in the design industry and the phrase "The Client Is Always Right" is the biggest load of shit EVER!

If today wasn't the last day of the working week for me i would be firing the fucking phone out the window!

CLIENT: I’m not too sure about the blue on the homepage…
    ME: Actually, that’s a shade of green.
    CLIENT: Who’s the paying client* here? (*prick)
    ME: You.
    CLIENT: And what colour is it?
    ME: …eh, blue??
    CLIENT: Right. Now let me see what other shades of blue we can use.

*Facepalm!*

FUCK OFF!!!

I work in the design industry and the phrase "The Client Is Always Right" is the biggest load of shit EVER!

If today wasn't the last day of the working week for me i would be firing the fucking phone out the window!

*Facepalm!*

FUCK OFF!!!

We're going to need to see this blue/green and take a vote!

We're going to need to see this blue/green and take a vote!

well we settled on a "sea green"

https://www.google.ie/search?q=pine+green&qscrl=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=WOJPU4-SBaqS7Ab6g4CYBA&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1746&bih=905#q=sea+green+color&qscrl=1&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

The original colour i had used was an even darker shade of green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Elmo wrote: »
    Instead of ?

The sea is blue :)

Depend where you are
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=green+sea&qscrl=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QONPU6CjEs_Q7AbZuoDICQ&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1746&bih=905

Water is clear.

There is a shade of green called sea green it is irrelevant anyway. The colour on the site was green, i cant match it exactly but this is close:

http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Foam/DecoArt/Patio-Paint-Sprays/Pine-Green/Pine-Green.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

*Facepalm!*

FUCK OFF!!!

Ahh here, you know your stuff Cowboy about monitor calibration and color correction and reproduction, and you still let this guy tell you that you didn't know what you were talking about? There's a better Picard moment for this than the facepalm meme -

Don't forget, its Good Friday tomorrow, so if you need to the to the butcher and off licence today.
    We're fully stocked for booze since yesterday. We haven't had a drink since the weekend before Lent and things are getting a bit tense:D Roll on Friday night, lots of Gin and tonics and a family size bag of crisps:)

We're fully stocked for booze since yesterday. We haven't had a drink since the weekend before Lent and things are getting a bit tense:D Roll on Friday night, lots of Gin and tonics and a family size bag of crisps:)

Gin and some Leonard Cohen, sure to make you as depressed as bejaysus:D

Rude/inconsiderate people. I was in the post office yesterday and there was a girl of about 19 ahead of me on her mobile, she didn't even acknowledge the man who served her, she was so busy talking sh*te on her phone.

I was in Limerick this morning and I lost track of the number of drivers who take the pi** at traffic lights. There were the ones who just drove through red lights and those who just stop right on the pedestrian bit when the light turns red:mad:

That's before I even get started on the mouth breathers who can't seem to tell left from right, who stop right in front of you, so that you almost bump into them. The ones who barge through the crowd so aggressively that you get bumped or elbowed and the ones who'd rather go through you than around you.

God, I really need a very large drink:(

Gin and some Leonard Cohen, sure to make you as depressed as bejaysus:D
    Got tons of stuff downloaded. I'm planning on finishing the current series of American Horror story tomorrow night.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ahh here, you know your stuff Cowboy about monitor calibration and color correction and reproduction, and you still let this guy tell you that you didn't know what you were talking about? There's a better Picard moment for this than the facepalm meme -

Calibration/Browser resolution etc is irrelevant, im designing the site and can see the name of the colour im choosing! it's a dead give away when it says "green" in the title. it would be like me going in to a butchers and saying give me some of that lamb while pointing at steak.

I'm doing a 10 day de cleanse, basically you make different smoothie type stuff and have 3 a day. Clears the system and whatnot.

I want to eat soooo bad!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

People who walk around mindlessly in circles while chatting on their cell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement