Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Thundering_Sky

When people walk into a room and decide to stand right in front of the tv and then say 'oh am I in your way'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

deise08 wrote: »
    Went in to get myself measured once, she measured me and told me the size I thought I was. Went out and picked up a few different 36dd's and do you think any of them fitted me??? Had to try all different sixes in all of them in the end.

There's the two sizes - under and over, great you got that figured out. You know now how tight/loose the bra should be so lets get to the shopping business. Oh wait, but then there are the different cup styles and padding, well dammit! And when you finally think you got a hang of it you realise that almost each brand is a bit different. Bra shopping you say? It's a whole science! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

czechlin wrote: »
    There's the two sizes - under and over, great you got that figured out. You know now how tight/loose the bra should be so lets get to the shopping business. Oh wait, but then there are the different cup styles and padding, well dammit! And when you finally think you got a hang of it you realise that almost each brand is a bit different. Bra shopping you say? It's a whole science! :pac:

Nothing scientific about it. ... It's an art!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Bus B@stards ... the ones that see nothing wrong with keeping their bags on the seat beside them, when the bus is becoming increasingly busy:mad: They only do it so nobody will sit beside them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Bus B@stards ... the ones that see nothing wrong with keeping their bags on the seat beside them, when the bus is becoming increasingly busy:mad: They only do it so nobody will sit beside them!

I deliberately sit next to them fockers even on an empty bus.....:-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Mariasofia wrote: »
    I deliberately sit next to them fockers even on an empty bus.....:-D

If I wasn't already sitting behind the person I would of!, There were loads of elderly people getting on and I'm sure they would of preferred to not of walked down the aisle of an already packed bus to get a seat:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Nothing scientific about it. ... It's an art!

Art. Science. They can be pretty entwined :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

czechlin wrote: »
    Art. Science. They can be pretty entwined :)

Fellas have it so easy :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I gotta be honest deise I always figured you for a fella until I read your chesticles post earlier! :D

Fellas have it harder actually...

Think about it :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Try ramming your nuts in to a pair of jocks a couple of sizes too small:eek:, you spend the rest of the day rearranging the furniture:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Try ramming your nuts in to a pair of jocks a couple of sizes too small:eek:, you spend the rest of the day rearranging the furniture:D

Try one a couple of sizes too big. It's just like freeballing, only without the guilt. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Battered tackies

The line "I know you better than you know yourself" always gets me grinding my teeth, I don't like when people assume to know what you're thinking or going to do.

The line "I know you better than you know yourself" always gets me grinding my teeth, I don't like when people assume to know what you're thinking or going to do.

Allow me to translate: "I am a presumptuous, self-absorbed oik who assumes that my own peculiar set of hangups, prejudices and fears are present in normal people." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Paying 23% VAT on items coming into Ireland from outside EU. The final cost after An Post wack on another €6 for the laugh is €47.79. You try to hand the Post man a €50 note and he tells you he doesn't have any change so you'll have to collect the package down at the post office (once he's back from delivering post of course) later on in the day.

Forgot how annoying it is getting stung for VAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

The line "I know you better than you know yourself"
    The essence of the "debate" on Prime Time between the opposition and the coalition political parties whether it be on health / justice etc. When it comes to governing they're still all the same. SHOYTE:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That programme What Women Want was on in the background last night. I don't usually watch stuff like that, but it was just background noise while we were chatting. It really was absolute hokum and Pi**ed me right off.

They had Mike Murphy's daughter on having a Vampire facial, without the anaesthetic. It's a proceedure where they draw blood from your arm, treat it and then inject it in various parts of your face:eek::confused: Anyone remember Red Sonja from the Conan films?, well that's who she looks like and tbh she seemed to be getting off on the proceedure.

Since the plastic surgeon doing the proceedure stated that he thinks women need to start having proceedures done from the age of 21, I will state that I wouldn't take beauty advice from a fat frumpy man who looks like a pin up boy of middle aged men who have really let themselves go.

Then there was more crap between the presenter, who had her hair tied in a pony tail and some other woman who had long hair that looked like crap, about how women traditionally cut their hair short after getting married as it's our way of saying we don't need long hair to tempt men, now that we're off the market:confused::confused: I turned it off after that, absolute Sh*te:mad:

Maybe you just look really, really intelligent. Not everyone has the brains for medical school. :)
    Ahh, that's so nice:o I wanted to be a Barrister, but I have Epilepsy and it effects my memory, so that was a no no:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I finally have one to add. Baxtards that can't be arsed bringing a trolley back but leave it in a parking space instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

People who put words in your mouth, I've gotten better lately at calmly saying, no that wasn't what I meant...and then going on to make my point.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    People who put words in your mouth, I've gotten better lately at calmly saying, no that wasn't what I meant...and then going on to make my point.

They probably know you better than you know yourself. Just hoof them one in the Delicates and move on. :pac:

• Advertisement

I finally have one to add. Baxtards that can't be arsed bringing a trolley back but leave it in a parking space instead.

With the money still in it? very posh:D

With the money still in it? very posh:D

Mmm. Must be what's left of the old Airport Banger crowd from the celtic toiger, roysh?!? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Black refuse sacks - does anyone actually use the bit of 'string' that comes with them or does it end up blowing around your house/yard like me ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

I was in a cafe recently, settled at a table, ordered, then walked up to the counter to take a newspaper from their stand. As I did so, a woman seated at another table said something to me. I didn't catch it the first time, and she repeated 'salt', gruffly, indicating the salt cellar on the table she was sitting next to.
    She was much nearer to it than I was. I've no idea why she was ordering me to get it. I just took the paper and sat back down.
    I'd be the first to help anyone, but really thought her manners were a bit lacking.
    She had to get up and get it herself, and was well able to do so. Weird!

I was in a cafe recently, settled at a table, ordered, then walked up to the counter to take a newspaper from their stand. As I did so, a woman seated at another table said something to me. I didn't catch it the first time, and she repeated 'salt', gruffly, indicating the salt cellar on the table she was sitting next to.
    She was much nearer to it than I was. I've no idea why she was ordering me to get it. I just took the paper and sat back down.
    I'd be the first to help anyone, but really thought her manners were a bit lacking.

In situations like that, I usually pretend I think it is some sort of game, and respond with something random like "fruitbowl, now, your turn"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

That programme What Women Want was on in the background last night. I don't usually watch stuff like that, but it was just background noise while we were chatting. It really was absolute hokum and Pi**ed me right off.

They had Mike Murphy's daughter on having a Vampire facial, without the anaesthetic. It's a proceedure where they draw blood from your arm, treat it and then inject it in various parts of your face:eek::confused: Anyone remember Red Sonja from the Conan films?, well that's who she looks like and tbh she seemed to be getting off on the proceedure.

Since the plastic surgeon doing the proceedure stated that he thinks women need to start having proceedures done from the age of 21, I will state that I wouldn't take beauty advice from a fat frumpy man who looks like a pin up boy of middle aged men who have really let themselves go.

Then there was more crap between the presenter, who had her hair tied in a pony tail and some other woman who had long hair that looked like crap, about how women traditionally cut their hair short after getting married as it's our way of saying we don't need long hair to tempt men, now that we're off the market:confused::confused: I turned it off after that, absolute Sh*te:mad:

That show sounds totally stupid and why would *anyone* inject things into their face? What is wrong with some people???

In situations like that, I usually pretend I think it is some sort of game, and respond with something random like "fruitbowl, now, your turn"

I would have said ...... pepper. :)

I must remember that :D. I'd be the first to help anyone, pass things around, offer a chair that wasn't being used at my table to another group, whatever. Honestly!
    All I could think of, after I sat back down was 'what did your last slave die of'... We used to say that as kids :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I must remember that :D. I'd be the first to help anyone, pass things around, offer a chair that wasn't being used at my table to another group, whatever. Honestly!
    All I could think of, after I sat back down was 'what did your last slave die of'... We used to say that as kids :D.

Usually responded by "Not doing what I asked"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

My sister used to say 'are your legs just for decoration?'

• Advertisement

I thought I was going to get away without having to go to the supermarket today. But I've just realised that I forgot streaky bacon for the turkey crown I'm cooking later. But I've started getting a cellulitis infection so I'm going to have to go to my gp this afternoon and I might as well get a new strap for my husbands work watch while I'm waiting for the prescription to be filled. Sigh, I'm shattered today:(

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Usually responded by "Not doing what I asked"

I used to say "Overwork, which is why I need a new one." :)

It's worse if you waitress. I really used to hate the customers who would snap their fingers at me when they wanted something. It is just ignorant. I'd be running around like a blue assed fly on really busy nights and having someone treat me as if I were there personal servant was the last thing any busy waiter/waitress needs.

It was so tempting to say hang on let me stick a brush up my arse and I can sweep the floor while I'm at it:mad:

I thought I was going to get away without having to go to the supermarket today. But I've just realised that I forgot streaky bacon for the turkey crown I'm cooking later. But I've started getting a cellulitis infection so I'm going to have to go to my gp this afternoon and I might as well get a new strap for my husbands work watch while I'm waiting for the prescription to be filled. Sigh, I'm shattered today:(

Your supermarkets are open on Good Friday? They are all closed here.

Everything used to shut here from lunch time on Good Friday, it's just a normal working day for most people now though.

Yes, supermarkets open, but booze section is barricaded, and armed security are on patrol.:D

Yes, supermarkets open, but booze section is barricaded, and armed security are on patrol.:D

Wow. Pretty much everything is closed here. Banks, malls, grocery stores, pharmacies, beer stores, liquor stores, etc. It's like a wasteland out there.

It's worse if you waitress. I really used to hate the customers who would snap their fingers at me when they wanted something. It is just ignorant. I'd be running around like a blue assed fly on really busy nights and having someone treat me as if I were there personal servant was the last thing any busy waiter/waitress needs.

It was so tempting to say hang on let me stick a brush up my arse and I can sweep the floor while I'm at it:mad:

Interestingly, she was polite towards the staff, I noticed.

Everything used to shut here from lunch time on Good Friday, it's just a normal working day for most people now though.

Some of us still remember when it was quite possible to starve to death in a provincial Irish town on a Sunday afternoon, if all you had was a car and a wallet full of money! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Rip instead of RIP!

E.g. Rip John - does my head in!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Looking for your size finding it and then realising its on the wrong size hanger.Really wrecks my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

dubstarr wrote: »
    Looking for your size finding it and then realising its on the wrong size hanger.Really wrecks my head.

The only way you can really sort it is to make a version In Dub.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Doc McStuffins. I hate her, along with Peppa Pig. Don't know who's worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When kids run around restaurants/cafe's and the parents do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Buying clothes in shops, it seems as if
    jumpers,,coats, in xl,xxl, sizes vary from shop to shop.
    xl in 1 shop is the same as xxl in shop two.
    People who use phones in church,
    for god sake if you are going to a funeral ,switch off your phone, use airplane mode.
    you can do without texting for 20 minutes.

people who spend 1000,s on confirmation ,
    limos, etc
    And these are the same people who only go to church for weddings ,funerals .

Perhaps in 10 years time your children ,
    will need help going to college ,or maybe help getting a deposit on a house.
    Put that money in a savings account for that purpose,

Did the celtic tiger kill the concept of saving money for future needs .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

After making up a nice big lovely salad sandwich. Tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, ham, coleslaw, cheese, spring onion!
    Bight into it and..................bleuugh! Get a big horrible taste of mould!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

What part of the country are you in? Haven't noticed anything here.

Annoying thing: when people at the gym put weights back on the racks all over the place. They're clearly labelled with which weight to stick onto it and people still treat it like an arts and crafts project.

I'm in Ontario.

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Rip instead of RIP!

E.g. Rip John - does my head in!! :(

I read that as Rip Elton John.

People who spit chewing gum onto the ground, they should be made to lick it back up. Just looking at the sole of my shoe here, and now face the lovely task of removing it. Ugh :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement