Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second brew any tips?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hey lads, so after finaly bottling my first batch, a Coopers real ale, i am going to leave that for another 2 or 3 weeks before i open one.

The missus came home from work today with a nice suprise for me, a Woodforde's Nelson Revenge 3KG kit. Now before i do anything with this one i am just wondering if anybody has any experience with this kit?

Im kind of thinking to just go with the norm, but i am also maybe wanting to try and dry hop it in secondary if there is even a point in that,,"i dont mind my beers cloudy" would it be ok to dry hop in primary? and for how long?

thanks
    New Hombrewer,, excited and curious

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You can dry hop in primary no problem. There's no agreement on the amount of time, some professionals dry hop for 3-4 days, some do it for 2 weeks. The general consensus is that the longer you leave the hops there the "grassier" the beer will get. I tend to give it about a week personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Thanks irish_goat, i think i'l leave it primary for 2 weeks and dry hop for the 3rd week. Just want to get used to trying new stuff and i guess dry hopping is probably the easiest thing to do for now.. would you suggest any particular hops?

Advertisement