Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should refund me

Options
  • 09-01-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I bought a voucher for a Christmas hamper off of one of the discount websites. I contacted the shop supplying the hampers and paid them for postage. The hamper was sent in two boxes. The smaller of the two boxes containing one item arrived. The courier admitted two days before Christmas that they had lost the other box. The shop said they would be in contact with me in the new year but I've yet to hear anything from them.

Who actually owes me a refund? The discount website that I initially bought the voucher from, or the shop that I placed the order with? Also am I entitled to a refund for the postage costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Sounds like the voucher company would be liable for the cost of the voucher/hamper and the hamper company for the costs of shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

You bought a voucher and then used that to purchase a hamper from a shop? And then most of it failed to deliver?
    Sounds like the shop's problem.
    The voucher company delivered to you the voucher as advertised so they're fine.
    The courier lost the parcel. It's their fault but their contract is with the shop, not with you. The shop should pursue them for compensation perhaps but that's their problem, not yours.
    Ultimately the shop failed to provide you with what you paid them for (regardless of the fact that you used a voucher to pay them) and you should pursue them for refund or replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Mousewar wrote: »
    You bought a voucher and then used that to purchase a hamper from a shop? And then most of it failed to deliver?
    Sounds like the shop's problem.
    The voucher company delivered to you the voucher as advertised so they're fine.
    The courier lost the parcel. It's their fault but their contract is with the shop, not with you. The shop should pursue them for compensation perhaps but that's their problem, not yours.
    Ultimately the shop failed to provide you with what you paid them for (regardless of the fact that you used a voucher to pay them) and you should pursue them for refund or replacement.

AFAIK your contract is with the company you paid money to.
    The voucher was for a Christmas Hamper not of monetary value.

Advertisement