Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car/van loan on social welfare

Options
  • 09-01-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

Is the above possible. Need to upgrade soon or I'll have no wheels at all. I'll have about 2k but need another 1-1.5k. Will I get loan based on only social welfare payments? I never missed payment on substantial loans I had few years ago of that helps. I'm banking with Aib. Cheers for reading all...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To be honest: very unlikely though if you have an *extremely* good long term relationship with them. Some credit unions are a little less stringent, but for the majority they still might not bite.

Could you not source a cheaper/older/smaller car with the funds you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

BuffyBot wrote: »
    To be honest: very unlikely though if you have an *extremely* good long term relationship with them. Some credit unions are a little less stringent, but for the majority they still might not bite.

Could you not source a cheaper/older/smaller car with the funds you have?

Thanks for that Buffybot, I'll try make do with what I have for now as I'm hoping to be back working again soon. Just thought I'd try get smth whilst work is quiet.

Advertisement