Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock iphone 4s

Options
  • 09-01-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how i can unlock a brand new phone i got from three as an upgrade as i wish to sell it? Three wont unlock it unless i pay my 12 month contract upfront.... Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

You could try a Gevey Ultra sim. It worked for me on a 4s on Meteor. The only thing about it is the personal hotspot won't work but other than that it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Theres no way to permanently unlock them unless three do it for you. You'll have to just sell them locked to the Three network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

You can't unlock, you can get it Jail breaked but that's different. That's one of the reasons I haven't used my upgrade from Three for 5S and thinking of moving from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

You can't unlock, you can get it Jail breaked but that's different. That's one of the reasons I haven't used my upgrade from Three for 5S and thinking of moving from them.

No problem at all unlocking iPhones.
    I bought this: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/iPHONE-4-4S-3GS-PERMANENT-UNLOCKING-SERVICE-VODAFONE-IRELAND-FACTORY-UNLOCK-/200739938369?pt=UK_Phones_Software_RL&hash=item2ebd086041

For my Vodafone locked iPhone, they unlock on Apples servers/Databases and you follow instructions and connect phone to Itunes and it gets officially unlocked!!! €30 but well worth it for official unlocking and no messing about!

TriStar6 wrote: »
    No problem at all unlocking iPhones.
    I bought this: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/iPHONE-4-4S-3GS-PERMANENT-UNLOCKING-SERVICE-VODAFONE-IRELAND-FACTORY-UNLOCK-/200739938369?pt=UK_Phones_Software_RL&hash=item2ebd086041

For my Vodafone locked iPhone, they unlock on Apples servers/Databases and you follow instructions and connect phone to Itunes and it gets officially unlocked!!! €30 but well worth it for official unlocking and no messing about!

Is that not just for Iphones locked to Vodafone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

pbarr wrote: »
    Is that not just for Iphones locked to Vodafone?

That is correct, there is no way to get a proper unlock unless it's sanctioned by 3, from my experience.

Those Gevey's are useless, when I had one for my iPhone 4, you couldn't use 3G on my 3 network, the battery ran down more quickly, and when I did an IOS update, it knocked it out completely.

Waste of money. Same goes for all chip-based solutions.

Gadge wrote: »
    That is correct, there is no way to get a proper unlock unless it's sanctioned by 3, from my experience.

Those Gevey's are useless, when I had one for my iPhone 4, you couldn't use 3G on my 3 network, the battery ran down more quickly, and when I did an IOS update, it knocked it out completely.

Waste of money. Same goes for all chip-based solutions.

I had no problems like that at all. My 4s was locked on Meteor and I wanted to change to Tesco Mobile and it worked perfectly.

You could also jailbreak and try this. I haven't tried it but I intend to.

I had no problems like that at all. My 4s was locked on Meteor and I wanted to change to Tesco Mobile and it worked perfectly.

At the time I checked, it worked fine on Meteor and 48, but not on 3, regarding the 3G internet. I brought it up because the OP's iPhone is locked to 3.

You could also jailbreak and try this. I haven't tried it but I intend to.

Unfortunately that was patched up pretty quickly by Apple.

http://www.ijailbreak.com/iphone/sam-iphone-ios-5-unlock-no-longer-works/

• Advertisement
Advertisement