Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric dog...!

• 09-01-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else get electric shocks from their dog? Only one of our dogs, the sensitive, moody one (the drama queen as our vet calls her) and only in the front room, thinking it might be the wool rug, only problem is now when I put my hand out to her she kind of flinches a bit, some of the shocks really hurt me and my husband so presume they hurt her as well, feel terrible for her is there anything I can do to avoid/counteract?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

The dog shouldnt be carrying static, she would be more grounded to the floor with her paws and body than ye are.

.Before you touch the dog try touching something with your hand like glass or any hard surface, this will displace the build up of static on your body Or just walk around in your bare feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Don't pet the dog on rug/carpet, take your shoes off, is your heating on all the time? A humidifier would help the air must be really dry, you could also try rubbing dryer sheets over her too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Don't pet the dog on rug/carpet, take your shoes off, is your heating on all the time? A humidifier would help the air must be really dry, you could also try rubbing dryer sheets over her too

She's never on the rug, only ever on the sofa but she does walk across the rug, I mean I'm just assuming it's the rug, heating is hardly ever on we just have the fire down but I couldn't take my slippers off my feet are always cold!

I will try those dryer sheets though and also touching a hard surface first, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Happens my Lab all the time since I bought her a new bed. You can even hear the static when she stands up to stretch.

Advertisement