Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Jug in Dublin

• 09-01-2014 5:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone know where I can pick up a milg jug from froathing in Dublin?

Don't want to spend a huge amount on one.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

coffee angel on south anne street would sort you out I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Coffee Angel definitely has them. Also Kitchen Complements across the road. Brown Thomas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

+1 for Coffee Angel

Sweeny O'Rourke on Pearse St also sell cheap ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Endurance_man

Thanks for all your help. Coffee Angel was closes after work.

I tried the kitchen place across the way and they had ones for 19 euro.

Throught is was a bit steep so I held off. Was I correct or are they that price?

Will try the place on Pearse Street.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

don't forget a thermometer so you don't scald the milk. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Got sorted in Sweeny O'Rourke with a perfect size and also got a thermometer too. thanks for all the help

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Don't become too reliant on the thermometer. It's fine when you are learning but learn the feel of how hot the milk should be and then you shouldnt need it anymore.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Don't become too reliant on the thermometer. It's fine when you are learning but learn the feel of how hot the milk should be and then you shouldnt need it anymore.

I was thinking the same. I am just going to use it until I know what I am doing.

Its a good way to learn for now,

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

adrian522 wrote: »

No harm to keep using it, doesn't affect anything.

No harm, but it's easy enough to judge yourself after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

The goal of steaming milk is to release its natural sugars, but not to burn it, which makes it unpleasant.

If you can keep the palm of your hand on the jug while steaming, it's not hot enough. The second it gets too hot to keep your palm there, it's hot enough. Any second more and it's too hot.

That's the trick I was taught.

Some home machines won't get the milk that hot at all, which is fine because the milk will never burn.

I've never found thermometers necessary. You just get the hang of it. And it does take time to find your technique to get the froth you want before the milk gets too hot.

Stick with it.

Advertisement