Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my deeds returned

Options
  • 09-01-2014 5:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hello
    I had a mortgage with Bank of Ireland which I paid off in full about ten years ago. At the time, I asked about getting my deeds returned to me but was told they were better off wherever they were in 'safe keeping'.
    I have now closed all my accounts with Bank of Ireland and would like to get my deeds back.

I have contacted my old Branch but keep getting fobbed off with 'Mr/Ms X will ring you' and they never do.

Is there a central place I can contact directly about getting my deeds returned to me?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi spurious[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you are awaiting contact from your branch relating to the collection of your mortgage deeds.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It is necessary to liaise with the branch to retrieve these documents.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If I may suggest, to make contact again with the branch and request to speak with the Customer Services Manager. They will follow this up for you with the staff member in branch looking after your request.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Contact details for your branch can be found here[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further queries or concerns, please do feel free to contact us here.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thank you Alison.
    It turned out my deeds were in the branch all along, so I got them back today. Thank you for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi spurious[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]That's great news. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for letting us know. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need assistance with any further banking queries please do come back to us.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Hello BOI:)

I was looking for a place to store my deeds. Te are with the bank now and seems like a good place to leave them so. Is that OK by bank policy ?

Many thanks

Gar32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi gar32,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can I ask, are your mortgage deeds currently in safekeeping with a BOI branch or are they held as security against a mortgage? If they are currently in safekeeping with us you can opt to keep this facility in place. If your deeds are held as security, they would generally be returned to you when the mortgage is completed. 

Although there are existing safekeeping services in operation, we no longer accept or set up new facilities.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Hi Tara,
    Thanks for the answer. The mortgage is paid in full and I was looking into the best place to keep the deeds. If there is no cost and the are safe seems like the best place to be. Thanks again Gary
    Hi gar32,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can I ask, are your mortgage deeds currently in safekeeping with a BOI branch or are they held as security against a mortgage? If they are currently in safekeeping with us you can opt to keep this facility in place. If your deeds are held as security, they would generally be returned to you when the mortgage is completed. 

Although there are existing safekeeping services in operation, we no longer accept or set up new facilities.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement