Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happens to my claim when OH signs off

• 09-01-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Both me and my OH have been on JA, separate claims but cohabiting. She has been offered a job which starts next week. She will be paid monthly (min wage) and might have to work a back month. What happens to my claim when she signs off, will they still pay me based on her projected wages or will we have to wait until she gets a wage slip. Same question for FIS.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Pay slips are generally required for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Though they are needed for both, you have to tell the SW immediately when you start work, they may cut you off and you may have to go to the CWO while they re means test you for JSA.

You apply for FIS separately, you can apply and then forward the payslip once you have it. You wont gt paid until they have the payslips and make a decision but thye may back date it to the date you applied and not the date you sent the pay slips, very important for monthly paid people.

You usually dont have to do a back month, but she may have missed the cut off for Jan as its usually around the middle of the month for a end of month pay day. Worse case, she'll be waiting 6 weeks for payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks all, went into SW today. They are giving us a weeks grace to get a contract/letter from the employer so they can asses my claim separately which is fair enough cant really ask for more than that. Going to apply for FIS as soon as possible too, until we get the FIS we are going to be on less money (about €100 by my calculations) which is a little disappointing but sure at least we are heading in the right direction now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

It is your partner who will have to apply for FIS as they are the one in employment.

Advertisement