Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bike Split

Options
  • 09-01-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Anybody else had a look at this?

It gives you a power plan for any race your going to do based on multiple criteria and you download this to your Garmin as a workout.

Also, you can setup a power plan based on a course and transfer this to Trainer Road so that you can "virtually" ride any course you like, just without the graphics of the more expensive virtual trainers.

Obviously it's all theoretical and I'm sure someone will pick lots of faults in it but it's something else to alleviate the boredom associated with the turbo trainer.

You will setup a rider profile with data like weight, height, FTP, MaxHR, bike type, wheel type and components to name a few. Then select an existing course or create a new course to ride and later share.

With your data we calculate CdA(drag coefficient), rolling resistance and mechanical loss. Mix in your course's distance, altitude changes, wind direction, several 1000 more variables and we're ready.

Using a math and physics optimization engine we will output the best possible power/heart rate plan to allow you to have the fastest bike split possible given the course conditions and any power limitations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

That looks good, I set up a profile and imported Kilkee HOTW into it to see what it looks like, then exported into Trainer Road and published (after adding a stepped warmup). Definitely a good way to get a training session done when the weather is bad. Not so sure about the output though might need to be tweaked to lower the planned FTP slightly to make it just a training session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

That looks good, I set up a profile and imported Kilkee HOTW into it to see what it looks like, then exported into Trainer Road and published (after adding a stepped warmup). Definitely a good way to get a training session done when the weather is bad. Not so sure about the output though might need to be tweaked to lower the planned FTP slightly to make it just a training session.

When you set up the "race" in BBS it automatically sets the IF at 1, you just need to change this to .8 or .9 or whatever else you like.

I haven't actually done the session yet but looking forward to trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Is this course public on trainerroad or anyway to share it? Thanks

redved wrote: »

You could import it into TR yourself? It's here on BBS --> bestbikesplit.com/public-race?r=1663

or join ActivMultisport 'team' on TR and it's on there (I'll approve you).

You could import it into TR yourself? It's here on BBS --> bestbikesplit.com/public-race?r=1663

or join ActivMultisport 'team' on TR and it's on there (I'll approve you).

managed to import it into trainerroad, thanks very much for the link

• Advertisement

managed to import it into trainerroad, thanks very much for the link

There is a small bit missing from the start and along the promenade - but fairly flat stuff that a warm-up would easily replicate.

If you go to My Courses / Add An Existing Course it gives you a search function and there are loads of course there including Kona, Challenge Roth, Alpe d'Huez and lots more to play with.

I downloaded Alpe d'Huez to have a play with sometime. Looks brutal.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Anybody else had a look at this?
    I seem to be missing the whole point here. What are you talking about?

Oryx wrote: »

www.bestbikesplit.com

My apologies, should have included a web link in the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I felt stupid cos everyone else seemed to know what it was!

I felt stupid cos everyone else seemed to know what it was!

Well I feel stupid for not explaining what I was talking about. We all know what assume did :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I thought this was bull tbh. I however entered in bike details and power file for Challenge Barca and it came scarily close (3mins out) to the time i actually posted. It could be pot luck or else there modelling is pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Great site cheers , 1 lap of roth sunday morning so !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

how do you upload the link to trainerroad ?

Found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-J3Ax5kD4

download the erg file from best bike split.

you can then drop this directly into custom workout creator in trainerroad.

Theres a youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-J3Ax5kD4

Advertisement