Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Visa Question

• 09-01-2014 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hey,

Has anyone here applied for a Chinese visa whilst travelling? As in not in their country of residence. My girlfriend and I plan on going to China in late May and she is travelling in South East Asia until then and can only apply for a visa in one of the embassies out there. I have read that it can be difficult. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

H

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Hey,

Has anyone here applied for a Chinese visa whilst travelling? As in not in their country of residence. My girlfriend and I plan on going to China in late May and she is travelling in South East Asia until then and can only apply for a visa in one of the embassies out there. I have read that it can be difficult. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

H

I did it twice in Bangkok, in 2010 and 2011. Since then they've seriously tightened the rules. It's difficult to get 100% solid information but a travel agent I use regularly in Bangkok advised me to sort it out here last year. She said I'd need to prove residency in the country I was applying from if I didn't apply in Ireland. That seems to be what it says on the Chinese embassy website here too.

As far as I know it's still easy to get one in Hong Kong so that might be an option?

For the best up to date info post a question on the Thorntree travel forums.

Advertisement