Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitzgibbon Cup 2014

• 09-01-2014 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭

Kicking off a thread on this. Not far away now.

UCC are going for 3 in a row and undoubtedly will have every chance of doing it with the likes of Darragh Fives, Dan McCormack, Brian Hartnett, Conor Lehane and Paudie Prendergast available for selection coupled with additons from the freshers team including Cork u21 Rob O Shea and Jamie Barron.

Favoured to contest them are UL, CIT and UCD. Not sure who'll be involved with these teams so would appreciate any input.

Then you have two of last years semi finalists, Mary I and WIT who aren't as favoured. Mary I surprised everyone reaching their first Fitzgibbon cup final and WIT weren't far off with a strong team.

My knowledge of all the teams is poor enough but just thought it would be interesting to start this, especially with the Waterford Crystal Cup around the corner. I'll be going to UL and Waterford on Sunday myself.

Here's the draw:

2014 Fitzgibbon Cup

Group A: UCC, WIT, IT Carlow, St Pats
    Group B: UL, UCD, Mary I
    Group C: CIT, LIT, GMIT
    Group D: NUIG, DCU, DIT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Any link to the fixtures, venues etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

http://www.he.gaa.ie/fixtures-results/senior-hurling-leagues-2011-12

This will give you all the fixtures, first round is 30th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

UCC have Harnedy,Lehane and Shane O Donnell up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

UL would have Limericks's Mark Carmody, Tom O Brien and John FitzGibbon, Clare's Seadna Morey, Paul Flanagan, Conor Ryan, Podge Collins and a few more U-21's, Jason Forde from Tipp, Stephen Daniels from Waterford, Galway's Johnny Glynn and Padraig Walsh from Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

I think Mary I v UL is on at Mary I on Thursday 6th Feb

One not to be missed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

I fancy CIT for this years Fitzgibbon cup...

Just have a feeling...

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

The_Banker wrote: »
    I fancy CIT for this years Fitzgibbon cup...

Just have a feeling...

CIT have promised a lot in recent years but never seem to deliver when it boils down to it

Great competition, brilliant hurling in any of the games I've seen most years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Ucc ,are the ones to beat,i cant see past them ,they have as much talent on the line in management as they do on the field,with Peter Cody(youghal)cathal casey,eddie. Enright good coaches,and they have some talent ,over 50 lads .

Mccarthy is in goal,captain,if they wanted to,could play him as a forward ,in that he plays there and was on the cork club team of the year ,2nd year in a row ,for ballymartle ,he is that good and tommy wallis midelton senior keeper is sub.

Lester,cork u21is a fine back,and with paudie prendergast,colm spillane,cormac murphy,killan burke ,can play 2,,7, or 9 have a good defence.Thomas butler is a good hurler.
    O shea ,at midfield is a fine hurler.murray is fine at college level.They have some depth up front,Seamus harnedy,dan mccormack,lehane,alan cadogan,mark sugrue ,willie griffin,jake aherne ,shane o donnell,bud hartnett ,they have a huge pick.

With such a panel bound to be in contention,and if they get to a final,with such expierence be hard to beat them..

Ul will rattle it,and could be there strongest challengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Mccarthy is in goal,captain.

James Barry is captain.

And yeah as you've said, UL wouldnt want to be under estimated.

Indie. wrote: »
    James Barry is captain.

And yeah as you've said, UL wouldnt want to be under estimated.

Sound I thought as he was captain last year he would be again.

Have you seen much of jack sheehan at ul full back by any chance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Tomorrow's games:
    CIT v LIT
    DIT v NUIG
    UCC v WIT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Junior D wrote: »
    Tomorrow's games:
    CIT v LIT
    DIT v NUIG
    UCC v WIT
    UCC are at home?

Yup

Tomorrow's games:
    CIT v LIT
    DIT v NUIG
    UCC v WIT

Cit game should be a cracker,duggan the clare lad wont play ,though,unlikely.

Davy will have them well up for it .

Ul game v ucd should be a cracker.Ptich is in super shape ,the grass one ,and I saw it today ,looks tip top shape.

Egan is with ucd?is noel mcgrath still there

Egan is definitely with UCD now, and as far as I know Noel is in his final year in UCD although could be wrong about that

Half-time:
    UCC 0-07 WIT 0-06
    DIT 0-08 NUIG 0-05

Full-time:
    UCC 0-14 WIT 0-09
    DIT 1-15 NUIG 0-17

CIT home to LIT tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

does anyone have the team and scorers from the UCC and WIT game today?

Cork thread

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Pauric Gahan put in great performance

Report ex Irish Examiner -

By Denis Hurley
    On a heavy pitch, the reigning holders assured themselves of two Group A points as four unanswered points at the outset of the second half opened up an 0-11 to 0-6 lead. Though WIT, with Waterford’s Jake Dillon impressing and Kilkenny goalkeeper Eoin Murphy reliable from frees, managed to get back to within a goal late on, UCC’s stout defending ensured that they wouldn’t be denied.

Cormac Murphy and Paudie Prendergast hurled well in the half-back line while Jamie Barron, withdrawn from corner-forward, provided a good outlet. In addition, Brian Murray got on a lot of ball at midfield and manager Eddie Enright was pleased at the outcome, even if the game was not the best.

“The pitch was poor and the game was poor,” he said, “there was only a point in it at half-time and we started well in the second half.

“It was a bit disjointed after that and maybe we lost our way a little bit, so we’ll have to work on that now, to be honest.

“We were getting caught in the first half, their half-forward line was getting a bit too much time on the ball but we counteracted that well for the most part.”

Four frees in the first 10 minutes from Conor Lehane — who was dealt with well by Pauric Gahan for the most part — had UCC off to a good start but Dillon inspired a WIT revival. His second point, after a nice catch from Joe O’Dywer’s pass, levelled the game at 0-6 each but the visitors could not forge ahead.

Brian Murray’s point just before half-time ensured they led at the interval, and though some wasted chances could have put them further ahead, they assembled a sizeable lead in the nascent stages of the second period.

Despite Thomas Hamill showing up well in the WIT defence, UCC’s smarter play, with Rob O’Shea showing nice touches, was yielding a better reward.

Cormac Murphy and Willie Griffin were also on target and in contrast WIT were failing to find the posts.

A couple of Eoin Murphy frees had them back in it, but UCC sub Alan Cadogan’s late point opened up a four-point gap.

Murphy went for a goal from a 20m free in injury time but his effort was deflected out for a 65 and then Lehane wrapped things up with the final puck to ensure UCC would prevail.

They take on IT Carlow next Thursday while WIT meet St Patrick’s/Mater Dei, needing a win to remain in contention for qualification for the quarter-finals.

Scorers for UCC: C Lehane 0-7 (six frees), B Murray 0-2, C Murphy, R O’Shea, W Griffin, J Barry (1s), A Cadogan 0-1 each.

Scorers for WIT: E Murphy 0-5 (frees), J Dillon 0-3, G O’Brien 0-1.

UCC (Cork unless stated): D McCarthy; S Maher (Tipperary), D Glynn (Kilkenny), P O’Sullivan; J Barry (Tipperary), P Prendergast (Waterford), C Murphy; B Murray, D Roche; B Lawton, D McCormack (Tipperary), R O’Shea; W Griffin (Limerick), C Lehane, J Barron (Waterford).

Subs: A Cadogan for Lawton (42), C Spillane for Griffin (53), T Butler (Tipperary) for McCormack (59).

WIT: S O’Keeffe (Waterford); G Teehan (Kilkenny), P Gahan (Kilkenny), J Maher (Tipperary); T Hamill (Tipperary), J O’Dwyer (Tipperary), S Murphy (Wexford); C Kenny (Kilkenny), S Roche (Waterford); P Mahony (Waterford), H Kehoe (Wexford), E Murphy (Kilkenny); L McGrath (Tipperary), J Dillon (Waterford), G O’Brien (Waterford).

Subs: J Langton (Kilkenny) for Kenny (39), J Hayes (Kilkenny) for Roche (42), M Power (Kilkenny) for S Murphy (55).

Referee: A Kelly (Galway).
    © Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved

Grats wrote: »
    Pauric Gahan put in great performance

Report ex Irish Examiner -

By Denis Hurley
    On a heavy pitch, the reigning holders assured themselves of two Group A points as four unanswered points at the outset of the second half opened up an 0-11 to 0-6 lead. Though WIT, with Waterford’s Jake Dillon impressing and Kilkenny goalkeeper Eoin Murphy reliable from frees, managed to get back to within a goal late on, UCC’s stout defending ensured that they wouldn’t be denied.

Cormac Murphy and Paudie Prendergast hurled well in the half-back line while Jamie Barron, withdrawn from corner-forward, provided a good outlet. In addition, Brian Murray got on a lot of ball at midfield and manager Eddie Enright was pleased at the outcome, even if the game was not the best.

“The pitch was poor and the game was poor,” he said, “there was only a point in it at half-time and we started well in the second half.

“It was a bit disjointed after that and maybe we lost our way a little bit, so we’ll have to work on that now, to be honest.

“We were getting caught in the first half, their half-forward line was getting a bit too much time on the ball but we counteracted that well for the most part.”

Four frees in the first 10 minutes from Conor Lehane — who was dealt with well by Pauric Gahan for the most part — had UCC off to a good start but Dillon inspired a WIT revival. His second point, after a nice catch from Joe O’Dywer’s pass, levelled the game at 0-6 each but the visitors could not forge ahead.

Brian Murray’s point just before half-time ensured they led at the interval, and though some wasted chances could have put them further ahead, they assembled a sizeable lead in the nascent stages of the second period.

Despite Thomas Hamill showing up well in the WIT defence, UCC’s smarter play, with Rob O’Shea showing nice touches, was yielding a better reward.

Cormac Murphy and Willie Griffin were also on target and in contrast WIT were failing to find the posts.

A couple of Eoin Murphy frees had them back in it, but UCC sub Alan Cadogan’s late point opened up a four-point gap.

Murphy went for a goal from a 20m free in injury time but his effort was deflected out for a 65 and then Lehane wrapped things up with the final puck to ensure UCC would prevail.

They take on IT Carlow next Thursday while WIT meet St Patrick’s/Mater Dei, needing a win to remain in contention for qualification for the quarter-finals.

Scorers for UCC: C Lehane 0-7 (six frees), B Murray 0-2, C Murphy, R O’Shea, W Griffin, J Barry (1s), A Cadogan 0-1 each.

Scorers for WIT: E Murphy 0-5 (frees), J Dillon 0-3, G O’Brien 0-1.

UCC (Cork unless stated): D McCarthy; S Maher (Tipperary), D Glynn (Kilkenny), P O’Sullivan; J Barry (Tipperary), P Prendergast (Waterford), C Murphy; B Murray, D Roche; B Lawton, D McCormack (Tipperary), R O’Shea; W Griffin (Limerick), C Lehane, J Barron (Waterford).

Subs: A Cadogan for Lawton (42), C Spillane for Griffin (53), T Butler (Tipperary) for McCormack (59).

WIT: S O’Keeffe (Waterford); G Teehan (Kilkenny), P Gahan (Kilkenny), J Maher (Tipperary); T Hamill (Tipperary), J O’Dwyer (Tipperary), S Murphy (Wexford); C Kenny (Kilkenny), S Roche (Waterford); P Mahony (Waterford), H Kehoe (Wexford), E Murphy (Kilkenny); L McGrath (Tipperary), J Dillon (Waterford), G O’Brien (Waterford).

Subs: J Langton (Kilkenny) for Kenny (39), J Hayes (Kilkenny) for Roche (42), M Power (Kilkenny) for S Murphy (55).

Referee: A Kelly (Galway).
    © Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved

Would not be getting carried away with gahans performance in that I was at that game and I said after it and many times the year lehane was or never even with hes great talent is a full forward.
    Its a bit like when you put a greyhound in a dog kennel for life and all hes used to is walks.It looses its idenity.

Lehane is the same,he was poor yesterday in thats its too confined,needs to stretch the legs.Before you judge a player you must take in to account hes opponent.
    Lehane doesnt even play club at full forward he roams in so I would take gahans performance,it was okay,wasnt anything special with a grain of salt.

Now if does the same with shane o donnell ,then I would say great game.

Well since I wasn't at the game I can only go on reports. Your opinion differs from the Examiner report. Credit where it's due though. Any day an "unknown" deals well with a top class county player is not a bad days work. Having said that, Gahan is no Shane O'Neill and we all know that O'Neill couldn't even deal with Shane O'Donnell.

Well since I wasn't at the game I can only go on reports. Your opinion differs from the Examiner report. Credit where it's due though. Any day an "unknown" deals well with a top class county player is not a bad days work. Having said that, Gahan is no Shane O'Neill and we all know that O'Neill couldn't even deal with Shane O'Donnell.
    Well your certaintly not in a best position to judge then,you were not at it.The paper report said he done well,i didnt see the word "great" used at all.

He like I said done okay but lehane is no full forward,u21. 2011 munster final even showed that.Lehane in time will have when he matures the attrubites for it ,but is too much a free spirit the way he plays to be confined it there.

Absoultely,great point ,good man,shane o neill couldnt handle o donnell,its clear as day shane o neill isnt a full back,never was ,if you have a knowledge of cork players you will know michael cussen in a county final had him in a real trouble ,and he was never the answer for cork at full back.Against galway in the league he was exposed.

If you want to claim Gahan as great up there with the truly great noel hickey based on a game you never even saw yourself work away.

Kilkenny have high standards and im sure cody wouldnt call that as great.Yes he done good,id expect that at least against a lad played in hes weakest position.And he deserves credit.To say he was great is out of perspective.

When he holds natural full forwards like joe canning,downes,pat horgan ,then we can say he was Great

Well your certaintly not in a best position to judge then,you were not at it.The paper report said he done well,i didnt see the word "great" used at all.

He like I said done okay but lehane is no full forward,u21. 2011 munster final even showed that.Lehane in time will have when he matures the attrubites for it ,but is too much a free spirit the way he plays to be confined it there.

Absoultely,great point ,good man,shane o neill couldnt handle o donnell,its clear as day shane o neill isnt a full back,never was ,if you have a knowledge of cork players you will know michael cussen in a county final had him in a real trouble ,and he was never the answer for cork at full back.Against galway in the league he was exposed.

If you want to claim Gahan as great up there with the truly great noel hickey based on a game you never even saw yourself work away.

Kilkenny have high standards and im sure cody wouldnt call that as great.Yes he done good,id expect that at least against a lad played in hes weakest position.And he deserves credit.To say he was great is out of perspective.

When he holds natural full forwards like joe canning,downes,pat horgan ,then we can say he was Great

I meant great by his standard i.e. a relative unknown dealing well with an inter county star. That's not his normal position either. I know David Glynn, who by the way normally plays at 6. Since he is not involved with the county set up I could hardly expect Gahan to be! In fairness to the chap I don't expect he'll ever face the likes of Joe Canning. But if Cody saw potential in him you could rest assured he would play him in his BEST position and thus give him every chance. Cody has a few to call on yet before P Gahan gets the nod.

By the way, there is only one Noel Hickey!

Jack sheehan starts at 3 for ul.wet but dry in ul.

1-6ul to ucd 3
    Jason forde got a goal and 3 around.

That UCD team looks serious on paper

• Advertisement

That UCD team looks serious on paper

2-5 ucd to 1-14 there well beaten

Guiney goal 20m free

Keepin an eye on score updates online here, thought they would've been doing better
    Very good UL team as well though

Keepin an eye on score updates online here, thought they would've been doing better
    Very good UL team as well though

Way better coached brislane and lohan doing a fine job with them.

Going through the motions.

Ucc v ul final I say
    1-23 to 2-9

I didn't know Padraic Walsh was captain of the UL team, fair play to him.

I didn't know Padraic Walsh was captain of the UL team, fair play to him.

Yeah, he's improving all the time. He should make the Kilkenny senior team this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Excellent win for UL, could be real contenders this year.

I put money on CIT to win in advance, but if I had seen the starting teams before throw-in, I probably would have backed LIT. LIT had some very talented players, should be doing better than only scoring 0-10.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »

I put money on CIT to win in advance, but if I had seen the starting teams before throw-in, I probably would have backed LIT. LIT had some very talented players, should be doing better than only scoring 0-10.

Agreed, thought they did well against Waterford considering they were missing the likes of Podge Collins, Conor Ryan, the Clare u21s as well. Think UCC on paper look the best team, and they were missing Fives and O'Donnell, but doesn't sound like they convinced in the last game.

Ul ptich 1 was the venue for todays match with ul and ucd in ptich 1 a wet heavy ptich.That ptich ,fair play to the ul staff,they had the ptich lined up perfectly,and in pristine ,mint condition,and were up since dawn to get it ready.

I had ran in the aera surronding it(fine aera ,lot of runners train there)in in the morning and it was heavy going,and cant be underestimated how wet it was.

Ul only went behind once ,and never were in any trouble.
    The majestic,full back line of paul flanagan clare,the superb jack sheehan,Cork and jack browne of limerick held the all star intercounty unit of 2012 kilkenny hero walter walsh,dublin star david tracey,and wexford jack guiney.
    Tom ryan of limerick was superb,reminds me so much of wayne sherlock.

I just said yesterday on the limerick thread how good I rate him,he was majestic,two super points,dominated the air and sweeped a load of loose ball and held wexfords sinnott very well.

.Conor ryan clare was immense at centre back.

Padraig walsh ul got the better of hes kilkenny mate cillian buckley and denis maher of tipp is a serious hurler.

Malone clare u21 last year had hes moments will get better.
    Podge collins got great points from play and he is superb and egan couldnt handle gm at all when he had him.

jason forde was superb ,and the best forward on show and is a fine talent .

,keane as a sub ,Mcdonnell and brennan the kilkenny lad I think were good for ucd.

Lohan is doing a good job with ul,but eoin brislane cant be understimated,hughely invovlved in the sideline with them has a big input.They are ucc bigesset threat and like I said yesterday ucc team that started yesterday wont do,have to play the strongest team.

I mainly went to this to see Jack sheehan of cork.He was immense,held jack guiney to a point from ball,cleaned him out with high ball,can hurl lef and right,brave and is teak tough.

Cathal keane got nothing of him or david treacy either.Him and guiney were ,not holding back ,and he isnt afraid of the rough stuff.Both were at it,both should of got a card,guiney didnt.

They took guiney of him ,but then put him on him again and he constantly niggled him,and nothing was done.Sheehan definetly can protect himself.He had to be subbed in the end and it was a good call by ul,as he was threading on thin ice in the end.

Thats was the only aera he needs to work on is discipilne.It is fine to protect yourself,but controlled aggression.That can be coached.

The rock,noel hickey,lohan,riche mccarthy ,tj ryan were all fearsome full backs,and gave as good as they got but they knew when to control it.

Its good to see he has cutting in him,you certainly dont want an altar boy at 3 at any level.
    Out of that ul back line he one of even two lads that never played intercounty at any grade,yet he was vocal,and constantly shouting at flanganan,conor ryan etc to hold there shape.

He didnt care regards reptuations he had a job to do he done it.I was over near the ul dugout at the end and when they subbed him,brislane,you could cleary see were chuffed with the lad.

Today is not a gurantee he is up to intercounty.But it showed he at a step up from club level,he can survive and compete at this level.
    Bigger test lie ahead but he should be at least on the radar with cork management and watched.This a lad with raw potential,cahalane and cadogan time is wasted on them.
    Sheehan could be a long term project but worth it.Now the question is does he even want to play it himself at that level.But he should be checked out.

One swallow never made a summer but he has held maurice shanahan already and a lot of neutrals were impressed with him.

Id like to see him on fast ground,as today was heavy ,and id like to judge the pace .What was noticeable,Guiney did drag him out ,a good bit from goal,he never got turned,uses he strength well and does what a full back most do,something brian murphy ,o neill and mcdonnell cant do is he stands upright and tall when hes man bears on goal and is good to use the shoulder.

Potential yes withoubt a doubt,loads of hurling ,i will watch him again.

Davyfitzgerald was an interesting spectator today.

Cork v tipp tommorrow in a challenge match ,at 7,is behind closed doors tommorrow I heard.

In championship I dont mind but sweet jesus ,its feburary ,a bit much.
    Apparently it was tipps call.I wouldnt be suprised if mcgeeney had an input.Sounds hes style.

Agreed, thought they did well against Waterford considering they were missing the likes of Podge Collins, Conor Ryan, the Clare u21s as well. Think UCC on paper look the best team, and they were missing Fives and O'Donnell, but doesn't sound like they convinced in the last game.

They have to make changes to yesterdays team if they want to win.
    The full back line will be destroyed by forde and glynn unless spilland and lester come in.

Uls midfield with denis maher and padraig walsh have too much aggression for murray and roche.O shea has to start for roche.

Tom ryan and conor ryan are a fortress at half back .Harnedy,cadogan ,o donnell have to start.
    Some competition it is.

Fireball07 wrote: »

Tom ryan at half back outstanding,two super long range points.limerick lucky to have him.

Yeah, he's improving all the time. He should make the Kilkenny senior team this year.

Had a superb game ,better than buckley today,thats how good he was.
    He would be a good asset to ye.

• Advertisement

Had a superb game ,better than buckley today,thats how good he was.
    He would be a good asset to ye.

He has way more drive in him than Buckley. I think they would compliment each other, perhaps in midfield. But as you say yourself - one swallow......!

He has way more drive in him than Buckley. I think they would compliment each other, perhaps in midfield. But as you say yourself - one swallow......!

Leave out lester ryan?ye have great depth credit to ye at midfield

Leave out lester ryan?ye have great depth credit to ye at midfield

Well we could do with Rice and M Fennelly in the forwards and may need P Walsh in the backs. That would leave Buckley and Lester in midfield.

Thought Kilkenny's midfield was possibly their worst area of the field last year. Michael Fennelly was sorely missed, Richie Foley, Darragh Fives and Kevin Moran all dominated in that position in July.

Not to derail this thread, just felt I had to point that out.

Thought Kilkenny's midfield was possibly their worst area of the field last year. Michael Fennelly was sorely missed, Richie Foley, Darragh Fives and Kevin Moran all dominated in that position in July.

Not to derail this thread, just felt I had to point that out.

Very true. In addition to M Fennelly been injured so too were Buckley and Rice.

He's still a young man, so he has plenty of time to make the senior team, but I do expect him to make some league appearances and maybe a championship appearance.

He's only going to get better and better, every other county better watch out. Tommy may be coming into his twilight years, but Padraic will be around for the next decade! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lash go leor

David Treacy didn't tog out for UCD so I don't know what game you were at. I was standing behind the goal and wasn't impressed with the UL full back your talking about he should have got the line fouled your man Guiney every single time the ball came in. Also heard Guiney was on antibiotics sick all week shouldn't have played weather that was said as a safety net for him or not I don't know. So I think your getting a bit excited about Sheehan. I've seen him a few times and he dosent have the hurling for inter county level

Another case of differing views on a player. Interesting that when one supports a player you refer to him as "tough", "give and take", "not shy" etc while another person might describe it as "dirty"!

Like any reporting, you must allow for bias. Mind you, everybody is entitled to their viewpoint.

Another case of differing views on a player. Interesting that when one supports a player you refer to him as "tough", "give and take", "not shy" etc while another person might describe it as "dirty"!

Like any reporting, you must allow for bias. Mind you, everybody is entitled to their .
    your hardly in a position to judge,when you actually go to a game then we cant enter debate.

Jesus your a great man,wait til you read the newspaper or read someone elses repost.Wow.

David Treacy didn't tog out for UCD so I don't know what game you were at. I was standing behind the goal and wasn't impressed with the UL full back your talking about he should have got the line fouled your man Guiney every single time the ball came in. Also heard Guiney was on antibiotics sick all week shouldn't have played weather that was said as a safety net for him or not I don't know. So I think your getting a bit excited about Sheehan. I've seen him a few times and he dosent have the hurling for inter county level
    I was at the same game ,Sherlock ,that I posted team sheets for and photos of.
    tracey was down to start.

Complete rubbish in regards guiney,sounds more pub talk than actual fact as I was talking to two wexford men and he was finer.Guiney also was constanly at sheehan and you must have clearly missed the balls he cleaned him out for.

Sheehan was excellent yesterday,and I never said he was intercounty yet ,but deserves to be monitored and has held shanahan also.

Its hardly like cork have a lot of full backs .

And your talking rubbish you saw him at full loads of times,plays centre back and 11 for erins own,only started as a 3 with ul constanly recently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement