Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitzgibbon Cup 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Well we will never know the answer to that. It shouldn't stop the wishing and the guessing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Connorzee wrote: »
    I think the crux of the point is that the UCC team of last year, may not beat last years clare u21 team, but they sure as hell would've gotten to the final and given them a better run than any of the other 21 teams. That clare team was closer to Senior than every other u21 team with the talent they had, freakishly so.. so the argument that Fitz is closer to senior than U21 still stands.
    Dunno about that now..

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

I like the match up of Champions v Champions but I think this is the problem. The U-21 competition lends itself to one or two narratives thru the year. I think that Clare team last year was a good team in a bad Championship I mean the games got progressively easier as they went along. Whether they would wipe the floor with that UCC team I'm not as sure but ye they could well win. Does that conclusively prove the 2013 U-21 championship was better than the fitzgibbon I don't think so.
    Clare 2012 were exceptional and we all know where they went, as with Tipp 2010 but if you what to pick out one off teams that did well in U-21 over the last few years, the following is a team that just got knocked out of the Fitzgibbon Cup just last week:

UL:
    Shane Hassett (Tipperary); Paul Flanagan (Clare), Jack Sheehan (Cork), Jack Browne (Clare); Thomas Ryan (Limerick), Daniel Morrissey (Limerick), Conor Ryan (Clare); Padraic Walsh (Kilkenny), Bill Maher (Tipperary); Cathal Malone (Clare), Podge Collins (Clare), Brian Stapleton (Tipperary); Jason Forde (Tipperary), Johnny Glynn (Galway), Tommy Heffernan (Tipperary). Subs: Seadna Morey (Clare) for Bill Maher (27mins), Thomas O’Brien (Limerick) for Brian Stapleton (43mins), Mar Carmody (Limerick) for Jack Sheehan (50mins).

Mentioned in Deise post were a couple of Waterford players, Paudie Mahony and Daragh Fives. Just think of their Fitzgibbon careers against what they managed at U-21. I personnally learn more from this competition than U21 inter county. Look, I'd rather see the U-21 competition brought to life on an all Ireland basis but thats for another day

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

My own experience, trained on a fitzgibbon panel but never actually played. From my perspective, college hurling (winter hurling) and intercounty (summer hurling) are completely different. Because of the conditions, physically stronger players dominated winter hurling. But when the ground hardens up in the summer these players cant compete for pace. I really do believe this, winter hurling is a slog full of rucks. Moments of brilliance too lets not forget that. This may explain why you have lads excelling in fitzgibbon but are not anywhere near county teams. Just my 2 cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

My own experience, trained on a fitzgibbon panel but never actually played. From my perspective, college hurling (winter hurling) and intercounty (summer hurling) are completely different. Because of the conditions, physically stronger players dominated winter hurling. But when the ground hardens up in the summer these players cant compete for pace. I really do believe this, winter hurling is a slog full of rucks. Moments of brilliance too lets not forget that. This may explain why you have lads excelling in fitzgibbon but are not anywhere near county teams. Just my 2 cents

I actually agree to an extent, although the best hurlers (see Tony Kelly vs UL) will excel no matter what the conditions.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I actually agree to an extent, although the best hurlers (see Tony Kelly vs UL) will excel no matter what the conditions.

Of course. That guy is hurler of the year after all. I heard there was a lad playing wing forward for LIT too, big strong lad never on any underage teams got 1-3 for them Ivors was his name Im told..

Excellent post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Youre wrong regarding ivors,played minor and u21 for tippeary.As far as im aware played intermediate level also.

Youre wrong regarding ivors,played minor and u21 for tippeary.As far as im aware played intermediate level also.

Fair enough. How old is he do you know?

• Advertisement

Done a bit of research myself there and he was a sub on the U21 Tipp team in 2008. Must be mid to late 20s so? My source must have assumed he was 20/21 having not heard of him on any recent underage teams. Still backs up my point though, he hasnt managed to make the leap to Senior Intercounty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Also the two teams would have a few players in common, almost to a mortal certainty.

There are precedents for resolving that. Otherwise pick runners-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    When would they play? Fitzgibbon championship is finished in March. U21 championship finishes in September
    Late September/early October or just after uni summer exams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

From my perspective, college hurling (winter hurling) and intercounty (summer hurling) are completely different.

Even June hurling can be quite different from September hurling, think Cork v Clare :pac:

Your post doesnt add up at all regards the weather.Most of the lads as i named in the post play u21 and fitzgibbon.Regards a drop standard ,is incorrect and those players have the same skill ,and not all weather and ptiches are wet and every.

Your painting a pticher which isnt taking it at merits.

I have been at many u21 games in awful weather and heavy ptiches ,cork u21 v tipp down the pairc.

Yet i was at ucd v ul and ul v lit ,in ptich 1 ,and desite heavy rain ptich wasnt as heavy you would expect and drainage is excellent ,and the grounds staff had it top notch ,up at 6 in the morn ,getting it ready .
    Pace wasnt effected at ally.

No matter how bad the conditions are,if you top hurlers they tend to surive once they have the right attuide .AND as a poster said you can have awful windy weather in june,great weather in october,not a puff of wind.

And while people go on regards pace,pace of hurling isnt affected.In fact with such u21 stars ,in collegde teams the speed of hand,hurling,striking,and hooking is the same.Also at college level playing with kelly,collins ,lehane etc improves hes team mates ,as mixture lot intercounty u21 stars in one team,yet an intercounty team has just its own county to pick from and like i said most college teams have better management than some counties.

Take the heat in thurles ,super yet due to one team being prepared better,blew cork out the gap.Corks pace of hurling was awful.

The point re ivors doesnt prove your point he didnt play intercounty.Dont forget many u21 dont play senior .The point is U21 that is being made is better than fitzgibbon and its not corrcet.Its on par at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

feargale wrote: »
    Late September/early October or just after uni summer exams.

Never going to happen for a number of reasons.

• Advertisement

Under 21 v Fizgibbon - which is superior is a matter of opinion. Your opinion can be clouded by what county you're from and how successful, or otherwise, that county is at any given time.

Take Clare for example. Underage hurling structures were implemented there some tears ago. Progress was steadily made which eventually resulted in minor titles. Under 21 titles followed and then a senior title.

Watching your county players progress and mature is a wonderful thing. As they move from minor to Under 21 you may also get the opportunity to see their development with Fitz teams. Nothing however beats watching your players perform as a county team and bringing success to your county.

It is no coincidence that Clare have reached the pinnacle. The County Board put in the structures and it has been rewarded.

Winning is not always the most critical thing, obviously it is important. Being competitive is what matters - reaching finals at minor, Under 21, senior, schools, club etc. Success will come if you have the proper structures and consequently are being competitive.

I mention Clare as an example. I would think that the enjoyment and satisfaction derived from the success achieved by Clare over the last 5/6 years far outweighs anything achieved by individual Clare players at Fitz level.

The same applies to all counties at all levels be it minor, Under 21, senior, schools, club etc. In my opinion Fitzgibbon success would come way down the list in terms of satisfaction.

Whether Under 21 or Fitz is superior, we will never know. What we do know is that a title won by your county team is the best feeling of all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Grats wrote: »
    Under 21 v Fizgibbon - which is superior is a matter of opinion. Your opinion can be clouded by what county you're from and how successful, or otherwise, that county is at any given time.

Its only a valid opinion if you agree with thinkstoomuch though, did you not get the memo??

Your post doesnt add up at all regards the weather.Most of the lads as i named in the post play u21 and fitzgibbon.Regards a drop standard ,is incorrect and those players have the same skill ,and not all weather and ptiches are wet and every.

Your painting a pticher which isnt taking it at merits.

I have been at many u21 games in awful weather and heavy ptiches ,cork u21 v tipp down the pairc.

Yet i was at ucd v ul and ul v lit ,in ptich 1 ,and desite heavy rain ptich wasnt as heavy you would expect and drainage is excellent ,and the grounds staff had it top notch ,up at 6 in the morn ,getting it ready .
    Pace wasnt effected at ally.

No matter how bad the conditions are,if you top hurlers they tend to surive once they have the right attuide .AND as a poster said you can have awful windy weather in june,great weather in october,not a puff of wind.

And while people go on regards pace,pace of hurling isnt affected.In fact with such u21 stars ,in collegde teams the speed of hand,hurling,striking,and hooking is the same.Also at college level playing with kelly,collins ,lehane etc improves hes team mates ,as mixture lot intercounty u21 stars in one team,yet an intercounty team has just its own county to pick from and like i said most college teams have better management than some counties.

Take the heat in thurles ,super yet due to one team being prepared better,blew cork out the gap.Corks pace of hurling was awful.

The point re ivors doesnt prove your point he didnt play intercounty.Dont forget many u21 dont play senior .The point is U21 that is being made is better than fitzgibbon and its not corrcet.Its on par at least.

Theres a difference between intensity and pace. No doubt Fitzgibbon is as intense as intercounty, youve got lads hell bent on proving that they should be on there respective county teams. Their work rate is up there with the best of them.

You cant just say I'm wrong because I dont agree with you. I was lucky enough to get the chance to train with a fitzgibbon team and that was my experience.

Lastly Im not saying which is better U21 or Fitz, I'm saying there is a massive jump between Senior intercounty and Fitz.

The point being debated isnt whether fitzgbbon is near senior leaving,that is going in a different tangent,the whole point of this debate is its not two seconds slower or near where near u21 intercouty.
    A Lot of fitzgibbon cup players dont make senior,so too with u21 lads.

Everything must take at there own merits.Take last week fresher game, posted a report and photos ,3 pages back,that game ul v ucc was an excellent game,both teams well coached,ger cunnigham of cork intercounty manger with them,ul had Kirby,but he was assisted in the second of half by ger cunnigham laois.

The scoring,the level of scores and sheer intensity,a thriller and if you look at both teams,a lot a of lads have or will play u21 ,it was as good as any u21 game i saw this year.Look at the photos.North campus ul,ptich astro turf,no problem with weather there.
    College in hurling in that game at freshers was as good as any u21 game.

Go up a level and fitzgibbon is higher than freshers.Most lads as i said play fitzgibbon ,played u21.

The ground was poor for kilkenny v tipp.The game was still close to champinoship.Bad weather you can still have a very good standard of hurling.I know lads playing and that have played both and said fitzibbon is up there with intercounty u21.

Thanks Grats the Clare success is great and ongoing. My point is that no one else got a look in, Clare have taken ownership of the U-21 and may continue to do so this year. There are more games of a standard approaching inter county on a February Wednesday than there are in a lot of U21 summers (or Autumns!).
    Each county could take a different view of it. Cork or Waterford more than Clare. I see Tipp have players in every team, and they are the better for it, will there be celebrations in Thurles because of that no.
    Thinkstoomuch point on Freshers hurling is good. There will be a lot of stars of the U21 this year playing there now. You may find out about a players form in U21 in six months time, but you can see them now in Fitzgibbon, eligiblity permitting of course. Is there Clare or Tipp players playing this weekend that could make a statement or do we have to wait for the quicker ball.
    When 3rd level teams entered the Waterford Crystal Cup they just made up the numbers now its not a big deal if they beat county teams.
    None of it is exact and it is a cloudy subject but thats the way I see. Now I hope to God the hurling is good this weekend.

• Advertisement

Depending on what you want to believe, everybody is correct! But give me a minor, U21, schools, club, senior title any day. In the absence of any of those, a Fitzgibbon title will do!

Grats wrote: »
    Depending on what you want to believe, everybody is correct! But give me a minor, U21, schools, club, senior title any day. In the absence of any of those, a Fitzgibbon title will do!

The GAA is about the locality, the community. Thats what makes winning with your club mates, school mates and county mates all the more sweeter. I'd still take the fitzgibbon though

Is the Fitz on this weekend?

Is the Fitz on this weekend?

LIT v WIT and UCC v CIT tomorrow

The final is live on tg4 4pm Sat

What ye think? I'm being biased but I think we will have a UCC - WIT final

O'Brien will be a loss for LIT

What ye think? I'm being biased but I think we will have a UCC - WIT final

O'Brien will be a loss for LIT

Same as that. Obviously Tony Kelly is liable to do anything for LIT, I hope the WIT defence can hold em. Davy is bound to have some tactic to upset WIT.

UCC are strong favourites against CIT with LIT favoured above WIT after beating UL.

Would like to see a UCC-WIT final with the potential of 8/9 Waterford senior panelists on view plus Jerome Maher who Davy put in on Lar Corbett in the 11 Munster Final and is showing good form

3ships wrote: »
    Same as that. Obviously Tony Kelly is liable to do anything for LIT, I hope the WIT defence can hold em. Davy is bound to have some tactic to upset WIT.

UCC are strong favourites against CIT with LIT favoured above WIT after beating UL.

Would like to see a UCC-WIT final with the potential of 8/9 Waterford senior panelists on view plus Jerome Maher who Davy put in on Lar Corbett in the 11 Munster Final and is showing good form
    It would be easier for Jerome Maher to get into the Kilkenny backline now before the Waterford Backline ha! Look at the team from last sunday and then you have Barry Coughlan, Steven Daniels, Liam Lawlor, Darragh Fives to return.

Does anyone know if Darragh Fives is on the UCC panel or if he's still injured actually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Of course. That guy is hurler of the year after all. I heard there was a lad playing wing forward for LIT too, big strong lad never on any underage teams got 1-3 for them Ivors was his name Im told..

Ivors eh? He from Ballingarry I wonder...good few of them out that way. Pretty sure I heard a story once that 3 lads got sent off in a Ballingarry v Mullinahone game once, and they were all named Ivors :p

On a more related note, don't think it's fair to compare u21 to Fitzgibbon based on last year. Has produced some tremendous games in the past, last year was just a bad year where Munster had two very poor teams, Tipp seemed to lack something in the final, and really Waterford were the only side to touch of Clare all year (might have one bar the sending off) but bearing in mind Tony Kelly went off within 10 minutes.

It would be easier for Jerome Maher to get into the Kilkenny backline now before the Waterford Backline ha! Look at the team from last sunday and then you have Barry Coughlan, Steven Daniels, Liam Lawlor, Darragh Fives to return.

Does anyone know if Darragh Fives is on the UCC panel or if he's still injured actually?

Dunno about Daragh Fives, didn't think he'd be out this long but sure we'll find out soon enough. Paudie Prendergast is another to add to that list. For Jerome Maher it might be a case of 'we're not hiring at the moment' but still would love to see him do well at Davy's expense

Ivors eh? He from Ballingarry I wonder...good few of them out that way. Pretty sure I heard a story once that 3 lads got sent off in a Ballingarry v Mullinahone game once, and they were all named Ivors :p

Yeah he's from Ballingarry alright, I think I know the game you are talking about, pretty sure a certain Liam Cahill got the marching orders the same day though!

• Advertisement

UCC v CIT should be a good game,unique in that its the 1st time both teams travel so far to play each other.A lot of Cork players In both teams.Ucc are well coached with Cody,and Enright and you have Pat Mulchay and the brother Donal doing good work with them.
    Of Course John graniger of UCC,and Kith Ricken CIT give great support to both teams in the colleges.

It should be close ,a derby game,a lot of Cork senior lads ,Lehane,O Shea ,Harnedy,Cadogan etc v Ellis,Keane,Coughlan,Michael O'Sullivan so that is bound to get the fires burning,but if UCC pick there strongest team they should win and provided they adapt to the system CIT play which we do not know they will play yet.

Remember at College level,every team wants to win,and a there are some lads here that will never play senior,are gone from u21,and there chance of success af after college is limited to Clubs ,so both teams will take it seriously
    UCC have around 8 of last year ,so the expierence is there.CIT have 4 from 2012.

IF Cit play 15 v 15:

CIThave Stephen Murphy ,Cork u 21,superb for Blackrock at centre forward in the Cork County u21 final v Midelton.A great man in the air,he has fast hands.
    Wont give much away to Wille Griffin or Cadogan two lethal forwards in top form.

The rest of that line is weakish though, and where the problems surface Dennehy and Lawernce of Brian Dillions are fine hurlers in there own right but Shane O Donnell or Griffin is a step up in class if they get fast ball.They only have one Stephen Murphy,so if he goes to Cadogan,Griffin is free,or if is goes to Griffin,Cadogan is just too hot to handle for Lawerence.
    O Donnell,on Dennehy is a huge mismatch.They dont have options.UCC have Aherene of Limerick that could do a job as a forward sub if required.

Half back line of Ellis and Keane is strong physically but Lehane if he doesnt play 14 has too much pace,and hurling for Ellis and ,harnedy is as strong,as brave as keane,but more mobile and athletic and they should win ball there.
    IF harnedy is at 11 with lehane ,Barron compiments that line or Mccormack could do a job once its with lehane and ,harnedy, and Barron against Tippereary man butler.

CIT have an edge in 15 v 15 with Michael O Sulliivn,whos grit,strength ,snarling abilty for loose ball ,and tackling and direct running is too much for Roche or ,Murray.If fives is fit,Cormac Murphy could start thern or Rob O'shea must start there in the midfield aera.

CIT are strong at half forward in,Hammersly is a Tipp u21,good hurler,John Cronin a great man to win ball in the air ,and was cork u21 and intermedite,football also,great worker and with Bubbles,who is strong,forceful,good in the air,and fast then they will be a serious test for Paudie Prengerast and James Barry.If CIT have any sense they move Coughlan out from full forward,he hates been in the full forward line as hes running and scoring at distance would be a huge asset to CIT.Drake ,and Cooper in the inside line and O Dywer won'tdo much with 15 v .15.
    Cooper isnt a full forward.

From my take on the game as above with the match ups that UCC have an overall advantage i said,If CIT GO 15 v 15 UCC will win,and win it handy,as there half forward line is too good for CIT half backs,midfield they will at least break even and there is huge weakness inside CIt full back line and UCC have a potent full forward line to cause real damage.

CIt half forwards to break even with UCC is fine but the problem is UCC half forwards will dominate with any ball and score more against CIT half back line ,if its Lehane,and Harnedy.

Ucc full back line of Stephen Maher and Glynn have u21 exprerence with Tipp and kilkenny but if they had Colm Spillane as a 3 and move Gynn over to replace O Sullivan they would be much stronger.

CIT cant go against UCC the way i outlined.

The only way for CIT to beat UCC is a Davy Fitz sweeper system ,close down space,crowd,and then with the ball use there strong men to run and play a possesion game and they could win.Pat mulchay is a shrewd hurling man,and with Donal are well adversed to the possesion game with Newtown,they had good teachers ,in Bertie O Connor,Liam Ryan,Ger Cunningham Ul.At Newtown they beat Club teams teams in Cork,Munster and Ireland ,as yes they had 3 intercounty men,but they played a system to utilse the talent avaible.
    Mulchay brothers,i have a feeling won't mind playing against the traditonal game.

Withdraw Cooper to centre forward,beside hammesly and John Cronin ,put Coughlan in a Tony Kelly role,,play deep around he's half back line up to midfeld with Russell-get loose ball and run ,use the pace and either score or create for Bubbles inside or David Drake, in a 2 man full forward line ,who one v one is a lethal forward,and has fast hands.Played in the final v UCC against CIT a few years ago.Some man to take a side line cut.Ellis shouldnt be taking them with Drake there,a Cork minor,u21 and Intermediate player.

Michael O Sullivan could play the sweeper ,for CIT,droping back from midfield,With coughlan filling hes gap.

He has the reading to do it,vastly underated,ideal to get stuck in,and has great tackling and physical presence.With him and Ellis,Keane,Butler,the space is croweded and you make Ellis and Keane look top half backs .
    As you have a forteess ,rather than individuals.O Sullivan is ideal to run with the ball ,break the tackle out of defence and create the off load to runners in space.

If they get a foothold here and keep it tight,and limit UCC Getting ball there and overcrowd them in that Vital middle third,they could very well win ,or push UCC.The mystery is what they system they play.It would be foolish and naive to take UCC on man for man.
    If they do,there is only one winner.If they dont they have a chance.

However my basis is that Lehane,and Harnedy start in the half forward line.If they dont and it is Barron ,Mccormack ,and O Shea ,that half forward line is no where near as potent and quite average as a unit and CIT wouldnt need such a system.

In college hurling,its like minor and u21,there is no fore gone conclusion,but the LITshock win against UL,wasnt just a flukey win,they set themselves up to win,it was won on the sideline.It was a masterclass in management the way Farrell and Browne managed different sections of the ptich all during the game,and never left there spot.

UCC beat Maynooth with 13 men,a huge shock,then jordstown ,a big shock again,due To Morgan shrewdness and tactial abilty on the line in the Sigerson Cup.
    At every level,even in schools level in the harty cup final i was at ,tactics have a huge part in the game.

For that reason i expect LIt with the all star cast,Davy ,Fraggie captain in 2007,Cyril farell and jimmy Browne to out wit and outfox Bonnar.To key to beating lIT,is stop Tony Kelly,as with the sweeper system he is there main man ,attacking,scoring or creating.
    Clare are very hard to beat ,as they have lads that can play a plan A and plan B.

LIT dont have that luxury.Davys teams are great when they have an agenda ,a bee in there bonnet,to drive that intensity ,focus and hunger for every minute during a game.WIT beat them last year ,so they have the revenge factor to motivate them.

It sounds easy but its no suprise how some managements in different teams at all grades often over complicate things ,and fail to be logical.I havent seen enough of Bonnar in Managemement to convince me ,they have enough where witthal to beat LIT,who with Flaherty,O Connell,Ivers,Boyce they have players that play well in that system.
    Seanie O Brien is a huge loss but i fancy LIT ,if they have a replacement for him.
    It is a mark of Davy and Farells influence that a limited team,without there man of the match from last week,against a team that beat them last year(yes WITare missing a few)are expected to win by so many.

I hope it is LIT ,as Cork teams need expierence of beating Davys system,its here to stay,and the more players play it and against it,the more you can adapt to it and learn from it.

1-12 lit Mclireny goal wit 0-6 h time

Even against the wind hard to see lit with davy style loose now,hes teams are nearly impossible to haul in with a lead.

Not at it,keeping up to date thanks to the truly superb,live gaelic,live scores,a link thats a Must for anyone wanting on the spot updates.

Nothing beats being there,but if its not on tv or radio deEnding who the commenators on radio are,this site is the next best thing by a country mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Currently 1-14 to 1-10 to LIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

1-15 to 1-13 to LIT with ten minutes left

Local_Chap wrote: »
    1-15 to 1-13 to LIT with ten minutes left

Level Now! 3 mins to go.

Going to extra time. This could have a big bearing on the result tomorrow as whoever progresses will surely struggle. Panel really comes into force now.

Some match it sounds like.
    Some comeback.Lit goaled,then wit straight after.Not many times does davy teams let a lead slip and loose.

Yeah the panel will have a huge bearing.Iit will be out on there feet if they win it.
    Ucc team to start,there subs are nearly better in some aeras.Ucc have sum panel.

The likes of lester,burke spillane.,fives if ready ,cormac walsh ,donnell,harnedy,hartnett(okay at this level)some bench.

LIT up two with 6 gone in extra time. Pat Begley with a goal.

Edit: Level again

Source: https://twitter.com/LITSports

If its level at the end of extra time what happens?a

• Advertisement

WIT through to the final. Serious comeback in normal time.

Sounds an epic of game,credit wit,hard to claw even with a win davys team

Davy hasnt lost any value,if anything he gained to bring such a limited team,down a huge player ,to take them to extra time and beaten by just a point.

I would love to know if wit played a sweeper

CIT leading 12 -07 approaching half time, Bubbles on fire apparently with 9 points, no idea how many from play though!

Was anyone at the WIT game?

1-12 to 0-07 now, real upset on the cards here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Same gap as was between LIT and WIT at HT in the first game...

• Advertisement

1-13 to 0-12 ten minutes into second half, the comeback well and truely on!

1-13 to 0-15 with 9 mins left, UCC have scored the last 8 points, the wind is obviously very very strong.

1-13 to 0-15 with 9 mins left, UCC have scored the last 8 points, the wind is obviously very very strong.

Level Now. Wind a factor alright i say seeing as Pat O' Sullivan, the corner back scored the last point.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/lit-wit-fitzgibbon-cup-1338277-Feb2014/

WIT-LIT Sounds Epic enough with 2 goals in the last min before the Hooter!!

Cit 1-16 UCC 0-18 with two minutes to go, UCC scored 10 ini a row but CIT have responded with a couple of points now, sounds like another classic

• Advertisement
Advertisement