Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Stand mixer

Options
  • 09-01-2014 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

So I got a cooks professional stand mixer on groupon just before Xmas and it's either crap or I'm doing something wrong.
    I bought it to make making bread easier. I've tried a few times to use it to mix and knead bread but it doesn't work. Just ends up in crumbly bitty mess. I have to keep stopping and scrapping mixture from the sides of bowl. I thInk that is normal enough but please help what am I doing wrong?
    Tips and pointers welcome.
    Also how long should it take to knead the mixture?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

What's the recipe and whats the capacity of the bowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Sorry if these are really obvious questions

Is this a recipe that you are used to making by hand, so you know the amount of liquid is correct ?
    What shape is the dough hook ?

In my kenwood, it takes about 6 minutes to fully knead the dough, but if the amount of liquid is correct, it forms into a ball on the dough hook within a minute or two.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

huskerdu wrote: »
    Sorry if these are really obvious questions

Is this a recipe that you are used to making by hand, so you know the amount of liquid is correct ?
    What shape is the dough hook ?

In my kenwood, it takes about 6 minutes to fully knead the dough, but if the amount of liquid is correct, it forms into a ball on the dough hook within a minute or two.

When it forms a ball, what do you do? Do you just leave it as a ball on the hook, or do you stop and start to get it off the hook?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Faith wrote: »
    When it forms a ball, what do you do? Do you just leave it as a ball on the hook, or do you stop and start to get it off the hook?

I leave it. The hook as it moves, kneads the ball of dough around the sides of the bowl.

If the mixture is too wet, it sticks to the bowl and doesn't get kneaded and if it is too dry, it doesn't form a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Sorry taken me so long to get back here. I've used the recipe before and it's grand. The bowl is 4lt this is the mixer http://www.james-russell.co.uk/buy.cfm/kitchen-gadgets/food-mixer-with-blender/76/yes/70771?getimage=2

• Advertisement
Advertisement