Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Trail Series 2014

Options
  • 09-01-2014 7:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭

The 2014 Urban Trail Series dates and venues are:

Marlay Park , Rathfarnham - Sunday 9th Feb
    St Anne's Park, Raheny - Sunday 9th March
    Tymon Park, Tempelogue - Sunday 13th April

Shorter races (1 lap of 4 - 5 km) are aimed at novice runners whilst the 2 lap version is what club / regular runners generally aim for.

We use off road trails which tend to take the PB factor out of the equation and put the enjoyment of running back in :)

We are giving a discount if you do 2 or 3 race plus a further discount for those that sign up in a group with running buddies or clubmates.

Full details at www.urbantrailsireland.com

Now just need to "Go For It" :D

2013 Thread Here
    2012 Thread Here
    2011 Thread Here
    2010 / 2011 / 2012 Thread Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

No overlap with the RasUCD this year thankfully! Best of luck with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JayCee001

Really enjoyed these last year so will be back again this year. Not PB territory but definitely lots of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Cardex

Hi OP, thanks for the heads up. Just wondering if there's a closing date for entries or can I register on the day? I may not be back from injury in time and would like to hold off signing up til I'm sure I can start (and ideally finish!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

Cardex wrote: »
    Hi OP, thanks for the heads up. Just wondering if there's a closing date for entries or can I register on the day? I may not be back from injury in time and would like to hold off signing up til I'm sure I can start (and ideally finish!).

We plan to close online entries on the Thursday night before each of the races.

We should have entries available on the day but will cost a few quid more as from an organisers point of view it is far easier to organise an event if we know how many are coming, allocate numbers in advance, etc

Best to sign up on the Thursday if you are in shape to run at that stage I would think.

See you there hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Excuseless wrote: »
    The 2014 Urban Trail Series dates and venues are:

Marlay Park , Rathfarnham - Sunday 9th Feb
    St Anne's Park, Raheny - Sunday 9th March
    Tymon Park, Tempelogue - Sunday 13th April

Shorter races (1 lap of 4 - 5 km) are aimed at novice runners whilst the 2 lap version is what club / regular runners generally aim for.

We use off road trails which tend to take the PB factor out of the equation and put the enjoyment of running back in :)

We are giving a discount if you do 2 or 3 race plus a further discount for those that sign up in a group with running buddies or clubmates.

Full details at www.urbantrailsireland.com

Now just need to "Go For It" :D

Could you confirm the distance for Sunday @ Marlay? I received an email from Outfront events that states the race is either 4.25k(short) or 9.5k (long). Does this mean it isn't two laps of the same course like previous years? Also the website link is still stating a lap of 4.4km like it was in 2013. Thanks.

• Advertisement

donnacha wrote: »
    Could you confirm the distance for Sunday @ Marlay? I received an email from Outfront events that states the race is either 4.25k(short) or 9.5k (long). Does this mean it isn't two laps of the same course like previous years? Also the website link is still stating a lap of 4.4km like it was in 2013. Thanks.

Was a typo in the mail ( 9.5 instead of 8.5 ) I sent out last week as it will be 2 laps of the same course.

After running the course on Sunday I spoke to the park supervisor on Monday.
    We agreed to modify the route slightly to avoid running across a boggy section and to instead go round the edge of one of the fields.

The website was then changed to what is the planned route
    i.e. 4.4km laps so 8.8km for 2 laps

Online entries close on Thursday night.
    You can enter on the day but it costs extra so entry on line better for all concerned.

Hopefully the weather will be good like it was last Sunday :)

Provisional Results Marlay Park 2014 Now Available HERE

NEXT RACE at St Anne's Park - Sun 9th March 2014 - Enter Here

Also - Tymon Park - Sun 13th April 2014 - Enter Here

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Did this event yesterday for the first time and I have to say I really enjoyed it. From start to finish it was a good race, would have been quicker only for the stream crossings but that added to the fun. Race time of 44 minutes so happy with that. Well organised and would recommend. Looking forward to Tymon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I'll throw this up here on the very off chance that anyone is interested. Lux city, Sunday March 30th. Lots of steps, lots. On the 27k version that I did last year there is a nice bit in the woods too. The short one is mostly just urban or semi. As for the 57k........ I cramped on the mid distance, I fear to think what would've happened on the long one. That said, there is a team of 3 option for the 57k.

http://www.urbantrail.lu/

St Anne's Park Urban Trail race on Sunday 9th March 2014

Provisional Results for St Annes 2014 HERE

any timing queries to uts@redtagtiming.com

Checkout Outfront's Facebook page for the Race Photos

NEXT RACE at Tymon Park - Sun 13th April 2014 - Enter Here

• Advertisement
Advertisement