Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Open NAT settings for Vodafone Fibre

Options
  • 09-01-2014 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what settings to use for VF fibre?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What do you get when you do a connections test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Type 2 and then when playing COD - it says the NAT connection is moderate.

That's what I have, most of the time.
    Play on.

On some occasions I have a strict connection - it's usually fine the next day or so.

Cheers - will leave it so. Just used to be able to get Type 1 a few years ago by entering your ISP username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

HighLine wrote: »
    Cheers - will leave it so. Just used to be able to get Type 1 a few years ago by entering your ISP username and password.

I presume that was the PPoe method with eircom you were getting nat 1?

You can forward ports on your router to get nat type 1 but if your not noticing any problems other than it says moderate you be alright

• Advertisement

NAT2 is the ideal state.

You would only go for NAT1 if you had NAT3 and couldn't get NAT2.

EoinHef wrote: »
    I presume that was the PPoe method with eircom you were getting nat 1?

You can forward ports on your router to get nat type 1 but if your not noticing any problems other than it says moderate you be alright

Yeah it was via the PPoe method. Just found this on youtube so not sure if it works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct_DQ_Vnhg0

Think I will just stick with the Type 2 - not having any issues really with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Agreed but for some reason COD seems to always give nat type of moderate for nat 2,it happend with all the ones ive played going back to COD4

Advertisement