Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neck piercing lump?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all, I got my neck re pierced over a month ago. Last time I had it for a year without problems but a solid round lump has formed around the bar this time and is sore to touch. No puss is coming out and I cleaned it well and still do.
    Any ideas what it could be and what to do on it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Ask your piercer.

But other than that, I would do a long soak (30 minutes) in a bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Was it pierced in the same holes it originally was??
    I had same problem. Basically a scar that ended up re opened but not exactly the same pattern as it originally was done. It'll be sore for a while mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Probably a keloid, have you got a picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ad1234

Karlitto wrote: »
    Probably a keloid, have you got a picture?

Hi I cant really get s pic. Its not showing on photos. Its like a pea under the skin. It was placed away from yhe original holes too. Il Google keloid see if it matches that
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

ad1234 wrote: »
    Hi I cant really get s pic. Its not showing on photos. Its like a pea under the skin. It was placed away from yhe original holes too. Il Google keloid see if it matches that
    Thanks!

Regardless if it looks the same or not, I would still recommend you go to your piercer and just ask. (If it is, asprin paste can help get rid of it)

• Advertisement
Advertisement