Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolv Kick 2 vs Sigelei Kick ground pin

Options
  • 09-01-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

I'm using a roller with a sigelei kick clone. The ground pin makes poor contact causing me to get misfires or no firing.

I see that the ground pin on the side of the Evolv Kick 2 looks better and would possibly make better contact. Does anyone know if it does, would save me paying for something that might not work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

The Evolve version does look better...that said, I have a Dingo and use a Sigelei kick without isssue (I did have an Evolve mk1 but it expired).
    Is the kick loose in the tube at all? If so a small peice of tape on the opposite side of the ground pin so it pushes it against the tube might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Tried a bit of tape but not much luck. Put in an order for a kick 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I have an original kick, and used it in a roller. It didn't fire half the time. I came across a post on another forum a few months back that suggested removing the black delrin and the spring from the bottom battery cap. This allows the battery to make a solid contact with the base of the roller. Worked like a charm for me, no more misfires etc...

Regarding safety, reasoning was that the kick has all the protection you need built in, so this shouldn't comprise safety.

Only downside I see is that it blocks the vent hole at the bottom...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I gave that a bash after talking to atmizoo but no luck. My kick 2 arrived today and it has 2 solid spring pins that are much longer than the one on the clone.
    It's firing great now :)

Advertisement