Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halogen ovens €39.99 in Aldi

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

MammaZita wrote: »
    Apologies thread title should say €32.99

From next Sunday.

We have a non- Aldi one and as our motorhome doesn't have an oven, find it great for doing pizzas, meat, BBQ type foods on the road.

Think they're normally this price elsewhere but the Aldi one has a 3 year warantee.

Might be useful for some Motorhomers :)

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-12th-january/products-detail-page/ps/p/halogen-oven/

I picked one up when they were reduced to 25.99, thats about the prices of a stodgy supermacs meal for the family so nothing to lose. Takes a bit of geting used to, makes a lovely roast chicken, goujons etc for the kids. Chips were a bit of a squib though, spent ages spreading them out and turned them a few times still ended up with 30% of them half raw. Still experimenting to see what it can do.

You could probably do the chips in one of these :pac:

exhaust_burger_2.jpg

exhaust_burger_1.jpg

I prefer an old school chip pan myself tomatosplat.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

The halogen ovens are good for pizzas, chicken, burgers, steaks, fish, and doing kebabs or other meats and veg on skewers. I've heard of people baking bread and cakes in them but ours just stays in camper so wouldn't be bothered with that.

Sometimes when camping you get tired of just boiling and frying so the halogen oven broadens the menu.

We used ours a lot in France last year when we were too tired to go out and didn't fancy a takeaway again.

Apparently they're very efficient to use, but haven't yet used it off the leisure battery when wild camping in Ireland.

MammaZita wrote: »
    Apparently they're very efficient to use, but haven't yet used it off the leisure battery when wild camping in Ireland.

I really wouldn't recommend using a 1200W - 1400W appliance on a battery bank smaller than 500Ah.
    1300w on an 80% efficient inverter = 1625W / 12v = 135A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

I really wouldn't recommend using a 1200W - 1400W appliance on a battery bank smaller than 500Ah.
    1300w on an 80% efficient inverter = 1625W / 12v = 135A

Thanks for that- wont bother trying so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

At what point in terms of wattage would a device trip the electric on a campsite ?

10Amp mains supply = 10A * 220v = 2200Watts
    16Amp mans supply = 3520W

Advertisement