Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable rods

Options
  • 09-01-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good, high quality set of rods. The set i have at the moment aren't great and I've broken two of the rods over the last few jobs so I'm going to invest in something decent. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I had an expensive set one time and ended up breaking them as the cheaper sets do, hafele is a good brand liked by alot of contractors i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

i have this set
    http://www.super-rod.ie/Product.asp?BigClassName=Cable%20Rod%20Kits&Smallclassname=Mega%20Set there are the best buy far but the dearest

but the last time they were in aldi or lidl for 4.99 i bought five sets

the draper orange ones a complete rubbish

I've lost all confidence in Draper since one of their angle grinders set fire in my hands. The thing was still running at 6000RPM with flames coming out the rotor vents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

i have this set
    http://www.super-rod.ie/Product.asp?BigClassName=Cable%20Rod%20Kits&Smallclassname=Mega%20Set there are the best buy far but the dearest

but the last time they were in aldi or lidl for 4.99 i bought five sets

the draper orange ones a complete rubbish

How much did you pay for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I have a set of the super rods with all the attachments which I rarely use.
    I use the draper rods all the time. The white fiber glass ones aren't great either, they break too easily and give off a lot of splinters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I've lost all confidence in Draper since one of their angle grinders set fire in my hands. The thing was still running at 6000RPM with flames coming out the rotor vents.

Well they must be good so, if a fire couldnt stop it.

:D
    Second use too. Opened it up to see what I could salvage and the brushes were about 4mm long :rolleyes:.
    You get what you pay for I suppose.

Advertisement