Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kindle repair

• 09-01-2014 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hi,

does anyone know if its possible to repair the kindle paperwhite?... i dropped mine and it looks like the white paper part has a rip in it... Is it possible to replace this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Contact Amazon support (that's .co.uk change the URL to .com if your kindle is registered there) they will sometimes replace them (for free) even if you have broken it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My battery on my Kindle Fire wouldn't charge properly and it went out of warranty Christmas week.

I went on to their chat support on New Years Eve and they said they'd send out a new one. It arrived today and I just have to send back the defunct one (which happened to fully charge last night :rolleyes:). Their support is very good so definitely get in touch with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

hey guys,

I went on and they are going to send me out a new one. Service is excellent i have to say.
    I rang and they quoted be 79 for replacement but chanced my arm with the online chat and got a new one sent out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I had reason to contact them yesterday myself.

My Kindle 4 has stopped charging.

At first they started trying to get me to do a "fee replacement", but then I mentioned EU Law's 2 year warranty on electronic goods, then they offered me the free replacement.

cheeky so-and-so's.

Advertisement