Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken ps4?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has had this problem. My PS4 wont play discs now. When i put in fifa 14 is starts loading up this ps4 starts making these stuck sounds as if trying to load the game but cd isnt spinning inside console. I get an error then saying cannot load application?

I got this 3 weeks ago in argos and wonder is there a sony number to call or just return the console. The problem with returning it is that i got the killzone pack but have sold the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not having the game should not be an issue, the warranty is for the console.

Most likely Sony will send you a new console by courrier and you return the old one to the courrier.
    Failing that its up to argos to sort it for you, your contract of sale is with them.

Id ring Sony first and keep the reciept handy, that way should be quicker than going to argos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Agreed ring Argos or wherever you got it.
    There seems to be more of them available now so you could get replacement !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

give playstation ireland a call one will be sent out asap 0818 365 065
    i rang there about mine as the power save option doesn't work on mine when a game is active its set at 20 min but many hours later it still stays on
    they have sent me one out thats due monday by DPD couriors its just a console swap noting else
    the guy mentioned as well you get a new 12 month warranty from the date you receive the new one something i dont think shops give you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I seem to have an issue with my hdmi connection with my ps4, it works most times but sometimes when i turn the machine one, i get a black display with the sound playing and the ps4 image appears every few seconds then a bit of static then it dissappears black to a black screen, I take out the hdmi cable and reinsert and then back to a perfect display but the next day comes and I usually have to do same again, happened 6 times so far. Ive tried different hdmi cables and same result, should i bring it back?

Gonzo wrote: »
    I seem to have an issue with my hdmi connection with my ps4, it works most times but sometimes when i turn the machine one, i get a black display with the sound playing and the ps4 image appears every few seconds then a bit of static then it dissappears black to a black screen, I take out the hdmi cable and reinsert and then back to a perfect display but the next day comes and I usually have to do same again, happened 6 times so far. Ive tried different hdmi cables and same result, should i bring it back?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057107527

Ive the same problem, I reckon its a firmware issue. Most likely a HDMI handshake issue, or something to do with HDCP.

Im gonna sit tight and wait for the next firmware update, if you read the thread above I posted a link to a thread on the naughty dog forum.

Seems Sony know about it

Also try turning your television on and off a few times with the ps on, that should save you plugging in and out your HDMI cable as the problem is not the cable but rather how tv and ps are communicating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

You should be able to get an exchange with the shop within 28 days.
    Give them back the Killzone out of the new pack or buy a copy.
    You need the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I'd love help on this too. Have a launch ps3 but discs won't play anymore. Everything else is fine. Do I replace the disc drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Check the HDMI port for a piece of plastic !! Early PS4's had this issue.

Ed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I checked the hdmi port and found no issue with plastic or anything else, but still it gives trouble every second time i turn the ps4 on. It was suggested above that if you turn off the tv and back on again without moving the hdmi cable that it works again, this is true but I find it worrying why is it doing this? is it really just a software issue that will be fixed with the next ps4 update or is is a genuine hardware issue that has to be returned and exchanged for a new one?

Gonzo wrote: »
    I checked the hdmi port and found no issue with plastic or anything else, but still it gives trouble every second time i turn the ps4 on. It was suggested above that if you turn off the tv and back on again without moving the hdmi cable that it works again, this is true but I find it worrying why is it doing this? is it really just a software issue that will be fixed with the next ps4 update or is is a genuine hardware issue that has to be returned and exchanged for a new one?

Im in the same boat man, I put a few hours into lookin for a solution and the only two that came up were update your TV's firmware (which I dont think is right as ps3 worked on same telly and also had HDCP) and that its a firmware issue that sony have to sort, which is what I believe.

You have a years warranty so I wouldnt sweat it for the moment, if it is a problem with console can just exchange down the road. At that point id be demanding another years guarntee on the new console

Although I would say if updating your TV's firmware is something you would be comfortable doing you should look into it

• Advertisement

spider_pig wrote: »
    give playstation ireland a call one will be sent out asap 0818 365 065
    i rang there about mine as the power save option doesn't work on mine when a game is active its set at 20 min but many hours later it still stays on
    they have sent me one out thats due monday by DPD couriors its just a console swap noting else
    t

i have the exact same problem with a replacement console i got for the same issue. have you had any further issues?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

spider_pig wrote: »
    i have the exact same problem with a replacement console i got for the same issue. have you had any further issues?

You quoted your own post. :confused:

F1ngers wrote: »
    You quoted your own post. :confused:

Thats what I get for not checking who posted it as I did a google search and landed on this thread

Advertisement