Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Excel 2010 best place to download

Options
  • 09-01-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi

I need to get a free download of Excel 2010 can anyone recommend a good place to download it from.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Nice try, Garda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Have you tried buying it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You're not going to beable to legally download Excel for free, and we're not going to discuss where to pirate software.

If you're ok using something like Excel that isn't Excel, look at LibreOffice Calc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jumpyone

OK sorry didn't realise. Thanks for making me wiser.

It was for part of my college course only need it until exam - thought i might be able to get free trial or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

You can get a free one month trial of Office 365. That might suit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Did you try the Microsoft website, there's usually a free trial available.

Thanks Graham I did they don't do the 2010 version anymore. Thanks for replies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Open Office is a good alternative to use. Free opensource software if you need it. I found it to be as good as Microsoft Office. The spreadsheet is good. Just checked - I use NeoOffice for mac osx - find it great and its free.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Excel is not free software, LibreOffice has a spreadsheet application which will likely be suitable. You can't get Office 2010 anymore as 2013 has superseded it, there isn't much difference between both editions

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

microsoft's skydrive will also have online versions (albeit these are somewhat cut down versions). Will read and write excel files though. Not recommended if you are preparing for an exam which you will be faced with a microsoft excel problem (ie. a practical of some sort). And, skydrive is free too with your hotmail account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭RoadWars2013

You could use a spreadsheet on google drive. FREE

Advertisement