Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Part time work and claiming Social Welfare

• 09-01-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how does this work. I heard the max you can work is 15 hours but I also heard that you can only work 3 days a week max. How much would you be getting on to of work pay?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

There is no max hours specified,however it seems to be 30 or so hours equates to full time.Max days that can be worked is 3.
    The money earned from work will be means tested if you are on JSA,no means test if you are on JSB.

Means test for JSA,work 3 days :total earned minus 60 (20 per day worked) get 60% of the remainder this is your means, subtract means from JSA payment any remainder you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

DarraghR wrote: »
    Just wondering how does this work. I heard the max you can work is 15 hours but I also heard that you can only work 3 days a week max. How much would you be getting on to of work pay?
    No the max you can work is 3 days in a week. Hours are irrelevant.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you work 3 x 12 hour shifts you will receive nothing from sw as this is deemed full time. Means are also reduced down to a daily rate so for every day you work xx amount will be deducted from your personal rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

I'm doing x's and o's at the moment thing is I only work 8 hours every Friday and I'm stopped 40 euro on my benefit.is this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 serenity13

beano345 wrote: »
    I'm doing x's and o's at the moment thing is I only work 8 hours every Friday and I'm stopped 40 euro on my benefit.is this right?
    Hi, if you are on the maximum rate for a single person of 188 and benefit, 37.60 is deducted per day worked.
    If you are on jobseekers allowance your means from what you earn must equate to a 40 euro per day deduction.
    So it does sound about normal but if you are on allowance and your pay has been reduced then maybe ask for a new means test.

• Advertisement
Advertisement