Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Best/Preferred - Cloud OS/Web OS/Online OS?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I've been messing around with cloud OS's for a while, and until fairly recently, never really 'using' them.
    Can anyone recommend a preferred system?
    Which system offers the best use of cloud services, and which system integrates/can integrate the most cloud services?
    Not including Chromium.

I have been using Joli OS/Jolicloud - and now Jolicloud 2 and ZeroPC.

Recently i have started trying out iSpaces.

At the moment I'm playing with ZeroPC mostly. I love the way it integrates storage services and organises everything, also allowing me to use local apps on whatever device I am on - e.g. I can start word/excel from inside zeropc. - And it's perfect in Android.

But Jolicloud has an app center, and you can add extra services pretty easily. ~ Can work on Android.
    I've not fully taken to iSpaces, but I do like it, I just haven't given it a lot of time yet.

I also haven't figured out how to add (non local) apps/cloud services on zeropc, or don't know if it's possible. But with a basic 90GB+ (Box/Dropbox/Skydrive/Google/4shared/zeropc) free, it's not yet vital. But i would like to add Wuala, Cubby and a few others.

Other Cloud OS/Web OS/Online OS's i haven't tried, but do intend to are (If anyone else wants to check them out):
    Cloudo
    GlideOS - Now Jumptuit - (Taking Pre-Registrations now Jan 2014)
    ThePlaceA
    Eye OS
    ZimDesk
    xOS
    CloudTop
    Symbiose
    PineMango
    SkyDesktop
    - GlideConnect?

Another i see mentioned a lot is windows4all/SilveOS, but it seems to have ended, or has it?
    Any recommendations would be great, as there seems to be tons of them..

Thanks. :)

Advertisement