Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 Years a Slave Waterford?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

No sign of this on current or advanced listings with Odeon despite other Odeons starting tomorrow. Does this mean it won't come to Waterford at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

cinema in Waterford is a joke not much of a choice at all,told me a number of years ago where to go when I asked would they have shame

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

Don't know about the cinema but if you have an android device I recommend you put "showbox" on it..12. Years A Slave is one of the many movies they have on it as well as loads of tv programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Have you tried contacting them to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Not yet but will soon. Just wondered first if there is a history of "big" movies like this being in other Odeons and not Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I watched it from the comfort of my couch the other night. Good film.
    Thank God and Joe for Android boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Happened with "All Is Lost" too.

Just comes down to having a certain number of 'reels' of the film and Odeon Waterford not being deemed important enough by head office to get one.

"12 Years A Slave" is being shown in their Blanchardstown, Coolock, Limerick, Point Village and Stillorgan cinemas.

Cavan, Naas, Newbridge, Portlaoise and Waterford don't seem to be getting it.

There's a chance it could show up next week. Current listings are only going as far as next Thursday. Wouldn't keep my fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Apparently it's on "staggered" release - and may get to Waterford sometime. For the moment if anyone does want to see it (in the cinema) the closest is either Dublin or Cork. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

You'll forgive me I read the thread title and thought you had been locked up in a basement for the last decade :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Don't know about Waterford, no listings for next week :rolleyes: But Dungarvan showing it from next Friday Jan 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Odeon have it down for this Friday in Waterford now

• Advertisement
Advertisement