Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung TV Is Not Picking Up A Playstation 3 HDMI Signal

• 09-01-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭

I'll give the model number of the television first and that is a Samsung UED46D5000 television.When i switch on the PS3 the HDMI connection area of the TV where it is connected to activates.When i press the HDMI button on my remote control it takes me to the HDMI connection area where the PS3 is coming through but im getting a blank no signal screen.I have an XBOX 360 that is connected as well via HDMI and that works fine.All HDMI ports on the TV and all HDMI cables work with everything except the Playstation 3.Now the HDMI port on my playstation 3 could be broken.The TV was recently taken in for repair and im wondering was it given a settings update that is causing it to block the signal from the PS3.It's like its' trying to pick up a signal from the PS3 but something seems to be blocking that signal.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

I'll give the model number of the television first and that is a Samsung UED46D5000 television.When i switch on the PS3 the HDMI connection area of the TV where it is connected to activates.When i press the HDMI button on my remote control it takes me to the HDMI connection area where the PS3 is coming through but im getting a blank no signal screen.I have an XBOX 360 that is connected as well via HDMI and that works fine.All HDMI ports on the TV and all HDMI cables work with everything except the Playstation 3.Now the HDMI port on my playstation 3 could be broken.The TV was recently taken in for repair and im wondering was it given a settings update that is causing it to block the signal from the PS3.It's like its' trying to pick up a signal from the PS3 but something seems to be blocking that signal.

I had problems like this with my PS3 on a Samsung tv too, the PS3 might be set on scart tv connection automatically, you have to go in and change it in the settings, thats what was wrong with mine, worked perfect after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Try this.
    Press and hold the power button on ps3. Keep holding till you hear a few beeps. Usually about 5 to 10 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Try this.
    Press and hold the power button on ps3. Keep holding till you hear a few beeps. Usually about 5 to 10 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

billie1b wrote: »
    I had problems like this with my PS3 on a Samsung tv too, the PS3 might be set on scart tv connection automatically, you have to go in and change it in the settings, thats what was wrong with mine, worked perfect after that

It was working fine on HDMI before the TV broke but i will buy a PS3 scart cable and see what happens.

MRTULES wrote: »
    Try this.

I tried that.In fact i spent the last hour trying it but nothing happened.Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

If it's a case of the TV not being able to pick up a signal from the PS3 would connecting the PS3 to TV through a HDMI switch box solve the issue?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

When i switch on the PS3 the HDMI connection area of the TV where it is connected to activates.

Try switching on the PS3 1st, then the TV.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Try switching on the PS3 1st, then the TV.

I tried that but still no luck.If it's a case of a broken HDMI port then it would probably work out cheaper to buy a new console.

Advertisement