Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know what's going on.

Options
  • 10-01-2014 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

So like the title says, there is something wrong..
    My ping has been going nuts for past week or so worse than ever even to UK and even in the day..
    I've been complaining about it here http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/88291517 but no response..

So today I noticed the slow loading of videos and webpages when I tested my internet at 23:50 when everything is supposed to be good i get this 3220443048.png

Please don't tell me to remove all devices and that crap, I'm done with it, I'm the only one on the internet at this time of night, connected trough Ethernet CAT5e cable you provided with your modem, synced at 14MB on router settings, wireless turned off, nothing on my computer that consumes bandwith running at the time of the test....

I'm tired of this, I literally can't take it any more and if it's not fixed I'm going to have to launch an official complaint, but as I've read on this forum nobody on <Eircom> even cares about official reports of congestion or loss of bandwidth of any kind..

Can't game, can't stream netflix, can't skype.. It's useless..

Get back to me ASAP,
    thret

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

thret wrote: »
    So like the title says, there is something wrong..
    My ping has been going nuts for past week or so worse than ever even to UK and even in the day..
    I've been complaining about it here http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/88291517 but no response..

So today I noticed the slow loading of videos and webpages when I tested my internet at 23:50 when everything is supposed to be good i get this 3220443048.png

Please don't tell me to remove all devices and that crap, I'm done with it, I'm the only one on the internet at this time of night, connected trough Ethernet CAT5e cable you provided with your modem, synced at 14MB on router settings, wireless turned off, nothing on my computer that consumes bandwith running at the time of the test....

I'm tired of this, I literally can't take it any more and if it's not fixed I'm going to have to launch an official complaint, but as I've read on this forum nobody on <Eircom> even cares about official reports of congestion or loss of bandwidth of any kind..

Can't game, can't stream netflix, can't skype.. It's useless..

Get back to me ASAP,
    thret
    Hi thret
    I can see that we did in fact respond on that thread. Unfortunately we here could not do any more on this issue. I will have to advise that you call tech support on 1890 260 260 and have them troubleshoot this with you when you are connected and when you are able to carry out any required actions on your part to help the technicians get to the bottom of this. If you really do want this investigated you may well be asked to connect to main socket, with one device only. If you are not willing to do this it makes accurate troubleshooting difficult.
    As advised on earlier post, we have no time frame for any work to be carried out on your exchange.
    Again my apologies we cannot resolve this here, it really does need your engagement with the technical team. Once you have spoken with them, and have a case open, please PM us the case ref and we can at least keep you updated to any actions carried out on this issue.
    Tony

Advertisement