Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New post office in Cabra?

Options
  • 10-01-2014 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭

I'm not that familiar with Dublin 7 but I noticed a fairly spruce An Post facility on Bannow Road the other day.
    Is it new? And if so, is its new home the old Fas office?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

i remember seeing a flyer come in the door about the sorting office in Phibsborough now only covering Phibs exclusively, and all Cabra parcels were now to be collected in Bannow.

Not sure of the site, i havent been up that way in a while to see where exactly it is, but id imagine FAS / Batchelors etc somewhere in that block.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I'm not that familiar with Dublin 7 but I noticed a fairly spruce An Post facility on Bannow Road the other day.
    Is it new? And if so, is its new home the old Fas office?

It's the new sorting office OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

jossnjuice wrote: »
    i remember seeing a flyer come in the door about the sorting office in Phibsborough now only covering Phibs exclusively, and all Cabra parcels were now to be collected in Bannow.

Not sure of the site, i havent been up that way in a while to see where exactly it is, but id imagine FAS / Batchelors etc somewhere in that block.

Yup, Batchelors' plant is still there, so I think it's the old Fas site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paulbyrne

does anyone have a phone number for this sorting office?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Calumkennedy

Its made for a much more lengthy journey from smithfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its made for a much more lengthy journey from smithfield

I'll tell you about a lengthy journey An Post sent me for over a year in Finglas. They moved their parcel collection depot into the Jamestown Industrial Park in Finglas a few years back. In doing so they sent out a map outlining how to get there. The only thing was the directions they showed neglected to mention that the industrial estate has two entrances and that the other one they didn't mention would be far more convenient for a few thousand people living in my area. With the result for the best part of a year I was collecting parcels by driving more than a mile than I had to in order to get to the entrance their directions showed. Since I've found out about the other entrance I can now walk to it in 10 minutes. I've often wondered are there still a few thousand people in the area going the long way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Indra dombrovska

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'll tell you about a lengthy journey An Post sent me for over a year in Finglas. They moved their parcel collection depot into the Jamestown Industrial Park in Finglas a few years back. In doing so they sent out a map outlining how to get there. The only thing was the directions they showed neglected to mention that the industrial estate has two entrances and that the other one they didn't mention would be far more convenient for a few thousand people living in my area. With the result for the best part of a year I was collecting parcels by driving more than a mile than I had to in order to get to the entrance their directions showed. Since I've found out about the other entrance I can now walk to it in 10 minutes. I've often wondered are there still a few thousand people in the area going the long way around.
    My the same...hawe problem to find out ....which buss going from city centre....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My the same...hawe problem to find out ....which buss going from city centre....

122_to cabra

Advertisement