Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee beans in Grand Canal Dock area?

• 10-01-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I'm working near Grand Canal Dock. There's 3FE where I can buy their stuff, but I'm wondering if there's any place in this area to buy decent coffee.

I'm using an Aeropress at the moment. Otherwise it's French press time again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Cloud Picker in the Science Gallery. You could also check out the Coffee Map on the 3FE website, which lists some good coffee locations, including some not supplied by 3FE (if that's not your thing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Cloud Picker is good alright. I guess it's not that far away. A shame they don't sell up this way. That's indeed a useful map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

I got some Cloud Picker Sam blend. Nice. But I got it pre-ground, which is more French press style, but I'm using an Aeropress. Any tips/recipes for brewing this particular coffee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

sarkozy wrote: »
    I got some Cloud Picker Sam blend. Nice. But I got it pre-ground, which is more French press style, but I'm using an Aeropress. Any tips/recipes for brewing this particular coffee?
    Just finished a bag of these, but ground them myself. I generally went with 12g of beans, water a minute off the boil, brewed using the upside down method (steep for around 80 seconds), using an Able Brewing fine metal filter. Worked for me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

If the grind is more french press then I'd suggest steeping it for a bit longer - maybe add another 30 - 60 seconds of steep time.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I don't like coffee from a french press, but sometimes I do the full 4 minute immersion as per a french press in an inverted aeropress and then plunge, it works pretty well and you don't get the sludge in your cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Try the art of coffee too just across the water from the old bolands mill

http://www.theartofcoffee.info/

Think they stock coffee angel or badger and dodo beans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

PPC wrote: »
    I don't like coffee from a french press, but sometimes I do the full 4 minute immersion as per a french press in an inverted aeropress and then plunge, it works pretty well and you don't get the sludge in your cup.

You should get a Chemex, I got one for Christmas and have used it daily since. No oils, sediment and it's an easy clean. You can pick one up in 3FE or associated coffee shops

Advertisement