Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something for the weekend?

Options
  • 10-01-2014 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

In a couple of months I'm off to England for a weekend of drunken debauchery with friends.

This got me thinking. It is lads only, so if I check a bag in, I will be accused of wasting drinking time and of being a big girl's blouse.

So, what do I take? Will I end up in Guantanamo if I try taking a mod, three 18650 batteries and a charger on to a plane? Should I stick to egos? I will be out drinking/watching football etc for hours, so I'll need something that will last.

What do my fellow vapers do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Take whatever you like in your carry on bag, and put your juice into your liquids bag. Bring a juiced up carto for vaping on the plane, clearos leak like **** with the cabin pressure :D

They're used to seeing stuff at this stage.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Once your liquids are the allowable liquid size and bagged, you're fine. I brought all of my stuff (granted I'm using an ego set up) on flights to and from Abu Dhabi and the Seychelles, with no issues.

As for the previous poster's suggestion of having a filled carto for use on the plane - I'd advise against it. Most airlines (aer lingus, ryanair, etihad, emirates, air Seychelles are the ones I know off the top of my head) do not allow vaping on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

They can't see you in the toilet!! Or if you stealth vape in your seat with a load of lads around, no one would notice.

Just don't blow out big plumes of vapour....

For such a short flight though, why take the risk?

I was on an 8 hour flight, followed directly by a 6 hour flight and while it nearly killed me, I managed with jusy vaping while I ran to make the second flight.

That said, it's completely to the op. He'll have no issues bringing his stuff in carry on, but it is against airline policies to use in-flight. Whether he wants to take the risk is his choice :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've brought mods on flights plenty of times. The only time I've ever even raised an eyebrow was actually this Wednesday.

I had a Throathit mod with an Igo-W in my laptop bag, I'd brought this same setup through a few times before. But it got flagged this time and the guy at the scanner asked me to take it out and show him what it was. He showed me the picture of how it looked to their scanner, and in fairness it looked dodgy as fcuk :) If I'd tried to build something to look like a small bomb I couldn't have done a better job. We both had a good laugh at it, and he told me to just put it out on the tray next time and it would be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

That's more my concern rather than the juice. I was thinking of taking three spare 18650s with me and I was worried they'd look like a bomb!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

As for the previous poster's suggestion of having a filled carto for use on the plane - I'd advise against it. Most airlines (aer lingus, ryanair, etihad, emirates, air Seychelles are the ones I know off the top of my head) do not allow vaping on the plane.

I believe Ryanair's stance has changed and they even try to sell you electronic cigarettes on board these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Lister1 wrote: »
    I believe Ryanair's stance has changed and they even try to sell you electronic cigarettes on board these days!

Unless it's changed, they're smokeless ones.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That's more my concern rather than the juice. I was thinking of taking three spare 18650s with me and I was worried they'd look like a bomb!

I'd say you'd be fine, I had a vamo and two spare 18650s in the bag at the same time and they were never mentioned. Although it's possible they were too focused on the bomb-like throathit mod :)

Lister1 wrote: »

They sell you smoke/vapourless ones that is essentially like sucking on a piece of sponge.

Fred, you should have no issues. if they ask, just tell them what it is and you'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Never had a problem at all, Aer Lingus actually announce you can't use them on board these days but stealth vape or head to the jacks !

I don't even bother putting my liquid into a liquid bag, never been stopped !

Advertisement