Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming problem

Options
  • 10-01-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I'm having issues streaming movies from my PC through my UPC Horizon box to the TV. The movies aspect ratio seems to be pan and scan when it sterams to the TV and not 16:9. Now when I stream the same movies through PS3 (from the laptop) it appears in the correct ratio. UPC says the box's settings are all correct and it's probably the laptop. So just wondering if there's some setting I'm missing. I have a Lenovo x201 thinkpad with Win 7. Curiously, TV shows stream perfectly and in the right format. But it seems it's just the movies that are transferring incorrectly in terms of their aspect.
    Any help, advice, ideas appreciated.
    Thanks,
    E71

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

anyone?

is that a no or has no one come across this sort of thing before?

Bloody hell. This must be the world's most unusual problem. posted it on UPC and no one knows anything including UPC. have posted it here. No response. And on the lenovo boards. no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

How are you streaming them from Windows? Do you have a Smart TV wired directly to your UPC Horizon box? Does the PS3 use the same TV?

Advertisement