Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Menus SIP

Options
  • 10-01-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

I setup my bog standard DECT phone as a VOIP phone using the Vodafone fibre router as a converter.

When I make a call to any customer service for example, it doesn't let me input numbers to select menus it just ignores them, apart from that the call is perfect it's just selecting menus with the keypad,

Any idea of a solution?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Ah, it sounds like DTMF has not been set up properly. What model do you have for the ata/combined router?

In the VoIP settings section, set DTMF to auto and reboot. That should solve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Mr. G wrote: »
    Ah, it sounds like DTMF has not been set up properly. What model do you have for the ata/combined router?

In the VoIP settings section, set DTMF to auto and reboot. That should solve it.

I have a vodafone HG658c fibre optic router, accessing the back end enabling me to configure SIP which is not usually offered by them

2damu69.png

which DMTF mode do I select, it's currently on inband?

thanks

EDIT: Managed to get it working by altering it to SIP information if anyone is in a similar situation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

If your codec is set to G729, inband wont work very well.

So you could try changing the codec to G711a first. If it still isn't working (or its already set to G711a), try RFC2833 next.

If that doesn't work try the SIP method, but thats the least common of the three methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The user manual is less than helpful saying only this ......
    The HG658c's Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) parameters are set before delivery. Generally, these parameters do not need to be modified. You can use the VoIP services directly.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Searching in Google came across the thread on Vodafone Forum with a link to a boards thread, according to user the Boards Thread help him fix some SIP issues.

EDIT: Sorry Looks like you already looked at that thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85803697

that's the thread to access the features that are disabled by default, including SIP configuration

• Registered Users Posts: 8 eamon121

Hi Kevin,

this post is with reference to your post a picture of which is attached and also the image at the top of page

Can I ask you how you actually accessed this settings page on the modem as this is generally hidden like other menus on modem. I found the menu item under the advanced menu when i worked with the html coding but when i click on the menu item Voice which this appears under it logs me out of modem

How did you achieve this - would appreciate any info you have,

Many thanks
    Eamon C.

Advertisement