Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC or laptop

Options
  • 10-01-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I need to get a new PC. Was thinking of a laptop instead though. I need it for gaming (minecraft), usual internet and MS applications. Is a laptop sufficient for this? What are the advantages to getting a desktop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

A desktop won't be needed, you're restricted to one area in your house and unless you want to do some serious, high graphic intensity gaming like with Skyrim etc. it wouldn't be needed. Laptop should be fine for your needs, what's your budget so we can recommend something for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

Thanks. It's Jan and I'm skint. Something decent enough for €300/ Is that possible?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

A desktop is less lightly to get robbed and is less prone to overheating and easier to service, just my 2cents worth:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

you get a good desktop for 300/400(plus screen add 100). you wont get a good laptop for under 450/480

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

As above, if you don't mind being in the one spot a desktop for the long haul

• Advertisement
Advertisement