Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evision

Options
  • 10-01-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, I'm withh upc for tv, broadband and phone and I am interested in changing over to Eircom but I need  ATR (at the races) horse racing tv channel which I have with upc.

Is there any chance of you guys being able to provide that channel for me?

Much thanks in advance,

Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi dreamwalker1

Unfortunately this service is not available on eVison at the moment. 

Thanks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 5 davmark

Dear Eircom,

Apologies if this is not the correct method to send this customer review but I note from your websites etc that you do not publish an e-mail contact address for you, instead encouraging people to use Forums, Twitter, Phone agents etc. Based on my experience  with Eircom, this approach does not surprise me.

I recently decided to change my TV package, broadband provider and decided to go with your E-Fibre, E-Vision packages. (Compliments on the extensive, effective promotional campaigns you are running to attract a new market by the way)

I visited a store in the Shopping Centre and after receiving all the information required I signed up on the package below. The salesperson advised that the next step was to arrange a visit for installation and asked me would Friday 25th January suit in the morning. I told him this would be fine and he stated that they would call between 09.00 - 13.00 and a colleague commented that E-Vision installation could only be undertaken in the mornings.

The following day I received a confirmation e-mail (See below) and during the week, received the relevant documentation welcoming me to Eircom, confirming my details etc.

That morning (Friday 25th ), I waited in my house from 09.00 onwards to accommodate the installation of my purchase. As the time arrived closer to 1 O clock and there was no sign of any visitor, I decided to contact you (1800580500) to see what was happening. My call was answered by a nice lady and I started the conversation by advising I was awaiting a technician to call. Her response was immediate and she outlined that Eircom outsource this and she would have no way of finding out where the technician would be but that they could often be delayed on jobs and to wait and contact Eircom if they still have not shown. I enquired as to why I would need to contact Eircom and would it not be reasonable that Eircom contact me if there is any delay in my appointment. Again she replied that this work is outsourced by Eircom and a private firm handles all such work, including appointments. I reminded the lady that my contract is with Eircom and Eircom alone and whether they get Bob the builder of any other firm to carry out work for them is a matter for them not me. I was asked had i received a text message yesterday regarding the appointment and I replied no. The lady said that I should have received a text and to contact Eircom if they fail to arrive. At no point did she take any details from me i.e. Order number, account number etc.

As the time elapsed past one o clock I again contacted Eircom and explained my query. Your customer service agent was very helpful, took all my details and looked up my account. I was quite surprised when he advised me that there was no appointment in the system for me. I explained to him what had happened when I purchased the Eircom system in the shop. He informed me that I should  have been advised that my appointment was not a confirmation but just a suggested time when they may be able to call out subject to the technician being able to accommodate my area on the day. The sales clerk should also have advised that I would receive a confirmation e-mail or text about the appointment. He apologised for the mistakes of the sales clerk. However, if you note form the e-mail you sent me on Sunday you have a section which advises me to contact Eircom if I cannot make my appointment. You do not mention anything about provisional appointments, confirmation texts or e-mails. If you had of done, I would have double checked during the week about my appointment.

Needless to say, I have had to take a morning out of work, costing me approx €200, and sat for 4 hours waiting on a visit that would never happen. I also promised my kids that I would have TV in their rooms from Friday onwards.

Following on from this morning, I have immediately cancelled my order which totaled about €90 a month. If this is my first experience with Eircom, then alarm bells are already ringing and I don't want to be tied into an 18 month contract with such an organisation.

And new despite cancelling my order and account, I have received two further text messaged from Eircom telling me that due to upgrade work I may experience some disruption. Very hard to experience disruption when I am not with Eircom!!! Best of all is that I get a text message yesterday (28th January) telling me the Engineer will be out between 09.00 – 12.00 today to fit the system. Never meet such an amateur organization!!

I hope you take on board some of the areas highlighted in this. I hope others won’t have the same difficulties. And please note that a contract with Eircom means you deal with Eircom so try not to pass off obligations with outside agencies

Many thanks

Advertisement