Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom -> Sky and back

Options
  • 10-01-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello,

Yesterday I called Sky to cancel my TV but was talked into getting TV and broadband at reduced price (my current broadband is with Eircom), after that I called Eircom to find out that because I moved house in March I will be charged a cancellation fee if I switch to Sky, was also offered eFibre and told to talk to Sky to cancel my order to avoid cancellation fee and get the eFibre upgrade.
    Called Sky today and apparently they cannot stop the line switching process anymore, they told me that only Eircom can do it because they own the line. What should I do next?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi zarafiq

I've looked into this and can confirm for you that SKY will need to cancel this order on there side as we would have no control over this order.

You may also double check with SKY if you have a cooling off period.

Thanks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭zarafiq

Hi zarafiq

I've looked into this and can confirm for you that SKY will need to cancel this order on there side as we would have no control over this order.

Thanks
    Ash
    Thanks Ash,

Will try again but was told that there is nothing they can do once the line takover process
    has been initiated and yes, there is a cooling off period.

Will I be charged early cancellation fee if they take over the line and I subsequently go
    back to Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

zarafiq wrote: »
    Hi zarafiq

Thanks
    Ash
    Thanks Ash,

Will try again but was told that there is nothing they can do once the line takover process
    has been initiated and yes, there is a cooling off period.

Will I be charged early cancellation fee if they take over the line and I subsequently go
    back to Eircom?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi zarafiq

They should have been able to cancel the order for you however you would need to ask sky to clarify their position on cancellation fees and their contractual obligations.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Advertisement