Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phone books

Options
  • 10-01-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I've just heard that hundreds of eircom phone books have been found dumped at Barnesmore Gap. Have they started delivering them yet in the west of the county yet does anyone know because we still haven't got one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Got mine in before Christmas I live in Twin Towns area. Previous times they were left on the doorstep, this time left on the pillars at every gate on the road, they only had to roll down the window, but obviously judging by the amount dumped in Barnes that got too much for them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You can have mine. Never use it. Total waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I got mine & im In Letterenny

I cant find the link now ,but a local politician called lately on Eircom to scrap their phone books for a number of reasons.

The ones i can remember being - most of us have internet etc now to look up number

That they are dumped outside houses and local kids were picking them up & ripping them up, throwing them about.

When they aren't picked up from outside houses then it shows to anyone that could be interested that there is no one inside the house and make it a target for burglary

and just the total waste of paper so for environmental reasons he proposed in the future that anyone wanting a Phonebook order one direct from them

I've got to say i agreed on every point ill try & find the link .

^ couldnt agree more. I haven't looked up a number in a phone book in about 10yrs or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

found a link here with audio interview too http://www.highlandradio.com/2013/12/12/eircom-phonebooks-littering-letterkenny-estates-councillor-calls-for-change/ good idea about the USB options too

• Advertisement

Don't quite know what he means by a USB copy. Does he want they to include a USB stick each year?

They could just email an Excel file to those that requested it. Most people could search that.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

They should just put more resources into fixing the poor search function on the website and stop wasting so much on firing books at all homes, including obviously empty ones.

Maybe just have a quantity of phone books in local newsagent or post office for those that want them.

Wouldn't be hard to have a downloadable file on the website too.

In this day and age, there is no excuse for wasting so much paper when so many are computer literate and online.

Advertisement