Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy chocolate biscuit cake?

Options
  • 10-01-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I think they sell it out in Ardkeen stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭April1

Yes Ardkeen is a good place to look. However if you have a little bit of time its very easy to make yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yeah ardkeen sell it but individual slices, so do the cafe in park, and the new cake place out towards Kilmeaden. Don't think anywhere sell full ones ready made.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Somewhere like Superquinn, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Glebe house tramore. The best around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

Paula's deli it is in Bernard's fruit and veg (previously kervics) across from Uluru.
    Lovely biscuit cake there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

Make it, its really easy

• 3 x 100g bars of dark chocolate. I use a mix of milk and 50-70% depending on mood)
    • 1 tin of condensed milk
    • 18 digestive or rich tea biscuits, broken into medium sized pieces
    • Optional: 2 packs of rolos, maltesers or muchies
    • Optional: about 10 large marshmallows
    • Decoration: White chocolate
    1. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt over a double boiler or in a bowl set over simmering water
    2. When the chocolate is melted, pour into a mold or plain old bowl. You may want to pop a layer of clingfilm in first and smooth it out, which makes it easier to unmold. I, however, forget to do this every single time and so will mention the other way to unmold later.
    3. Add the biscuits, marshmallows, maltesers and rolos and stir to distribute evenly
    4. Here you need to move fast. Add the condensed milk to the mixture and stir quickly to mix completely. It will set very quickly so be on the ball people!
    5. Smush down so that the top is flat as this will be the base when you unmold.
    6. Pop in the fridge to set fully. At least 1 or 2 hours should do it.
    I sometimes put rum soaked raisin you can put in what ever you want and the condensed milk and chocolate in aldi's work great

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

creambun wrote: »
    Make it, its really easy

• 3 x 100g bars of dark chocolate. I use a mix of milk and 50-70% depending on mood)
    • 1 tin of condensed milk
    • 18 digestive or rich tea biscuits, broken into medium sized pieces
    • Optional: 2 packs of rolos, maltesers or muchies
    • Optional: about 10 large marshmallows
    • Decoration: White chocolate

I've never heard it done without butter. Is it not soft and sticky with just condensed milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

I have never had a problem as i said in post put what ever you want in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

creambun wrote: »
    I have never had a problem as i said in post put what ever you want in it.
    This is gonna end up like American Pie so! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement